Are win in full out tank mode?

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
This is the only explanation I have. Pace has to spend a good bit of 70 mil and he uses a nice chunk on a baby giraffe, a 31 year old safety and a back up TE? He must like the kid from USC a whole lot.

AussieBear

this is the greatest bears free agency ever.. wtf you fools talking about

Ditka19861

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope Pace can front-load Hicks to use the cap we have to and keep us in shape for the future, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed so far

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
We are tanking -- but not intentionally. Pace is so incompetent that he can sign anybody worth a damn.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Nothing the Bears did today made them better.

I don't know how you can keep Fox after this past season, then give him an even shittier QB and take away his best player and expect him to be better in 2017-18.

This is why it made no sense to keep Fox after last year. They're not going to be better this year. You gonna fire him after this year when you gave him even less to win with? You gonna keep him on after having one of the worst first three year records in modern history? They screwed this up.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Nothing the Bears did today made them better.

I don't know how you can keep Fox after this past season, then give him an even shittier QB and take away his best player and expect him to be better in 2017-18.

This is why it made no sense to keep Fox after last year. They're not going to be better this year. You gonna fire him after this year when you gave him even less to win with? You gonna keep him on after having one of the worst first three year records in modern history? They screwed this up.

Shit, who left, Howard of Flloyd??? ; )

Or are you talking about the guy with the persistent soft tissue injuries and PED suspension and couple of TDs - or heaven help us, the moody QB with the high interception rate?? Seriously though, dislike Glennon with little actual basis by all means, but don't pretend we lost anything of value today because we lost no one that was going to contribute to any future success.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I hope Pace can front-load Hicks to use the cap we have to and keep us in shape for the future, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed so far

Agreed. Assuming we don't sign anyone major, we need to extend some players that we want here for the long haul. Give them contracts while we have some free cap space.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Shit, who left, Howard of Flloyd??? ; )

Or are you talking about the guy with the persistent soft tissue injuries and PED suspension and couple of TDs - or heaven help us, the moody QB with the high interception rate?? Seriously though, dislike Glennon with little actual basis by all means, but don't pretend we lost anything of value today because we lost no one that was going to contribute to any future success.

Cutler was better than Glennon. This is a fact.

Jeffery was better than White. This is a fact.

Cutler had no future here. I don't mind them releasing him, but you don't then sign an even worse free agent QB for $15 mil a year. That's not the answer.

Fine, Jeffery isn't the best Bears player. Who cares---point stands. They're worse off this year and into the near future. The collective of all these things did not make the Bears better, and it made no sense to sign Glennon.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is the only explanation I have. Pace has to spend a good bit of 70 mil and he uses a nice chunk on a baby giraffe, a 31 year old safety and a back up TE? He must like the kid from USC a whole lot.

I was thinking this as well. not as a joke. And Im not totally against it. Im willing to sacrifice another season if we get the #1 pick next year. I think we should also now trade back in rd 1 and 2 and just load up on top rd talent, its a crap shoot anyway. Taking the Theo route. seemed to work out OK for the cubs.

Rise

Liked Posts:

You're acting like this was part of the plan. It wasn't, Pace tried to sign a bunch of players today he just failed miserably. To then act like he was just planning to tank is the equivalent of an ostrich putting its head in the sand.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
The guys he did sign are enough to put us at 2-14.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
I'm not against trading down, especially if we can get a first rounder next year out of the deal. That would at least give us assets to trade up for one of the qb's next year if we don't land a top 2 pick.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

What is with people on here and thinking teams "have to" spend X amount of the cap space every year? It takes all of five seconds to learn that the spending floor is calculated over a 4 year period; they don't have to spend shit in any given year.

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
You have to spend 89% of the salary floor.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You have to spend 89% of the salary floor.

Over a four year period.

NFL teams don't have to spend 89% of their salary cap. The salary cap floor does not apply to any single season, only to the entire 2013-2016 period. That means that not being in compliance in any single year is not going to be a problem for any team. Only if a team has so chronically underspent that they managed to still be below 89% over the entire four-year period, will they be held accountable.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2015/3/13/8208069/nfl-salary-cap-floor-explained-its-basically-irrelevant

The 89% rule does not apply to a single season, but rather a span of four years. Therefore, it doesn't matter that the Browns spent less than 89% in 2013, or if they spent less than 89% in 2014. By the end of the 2016 season, though, the cumulative spending from 2013-2016 must be at least 89%.

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/3...salary-cap-understanding-the-89-cash-spending

Last offseason, for the second year in a row, the Raiders spent a lot of money in free agency and in doing so, they made up a lot of ground to catch up with the 89% 4-year average spending they would need to meet the salary floor.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/...-mandated-salary-floor-but-that-s-an-easy-fix

Seriously, it's as though you guys just want to remain ignorant when all you have to do is type "nfl cap floor" into a search engine to figure it out. The Bears can spend fuckall this year and it won't be an issue. Oh, and what is the penalty for not spending up to the floor over that four year period? They have to fork over the difference in cash to the NFLPA...so who gives a shit?

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Thanks for the info buddy. You know you can inform without being a dick head?