We would have been better off if we had made zero moves today.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
I haven't made a thread in over a year, but holy cow today was rough...

It is obvious that Pace/Fox realize they're on the hot seat. Signing Glennon, Demps, Randle, and Wheaton are moves of complete desperation, as these are not the signings you make in the midst of a re-build. I have no idea what is happening at Halas Hall, but they better hit a home-fucking-run at the draft.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
It was rough. I think the best move might be the blocking TE. Howard is going to need all the help he can get with our QB/WR depth chart looking the way it does.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Next time wait longer. Pace isn't anywhere near the hot seat. The only player they didn't get that would have made a difference is Gilmore. Paying number one CB money to Bouye would have been insane. Let's see how he does without that intense pash rush the Texans employ. As a UCF grad, I know exactly what he can do. Nice player but he was a UDFA for a reason. Wagner was interesting but was he worth the largest RT contract in history? There are some decent hole fillers out there so Pace might sign a few more players. The draft is key and Pace did a fantastic job last year.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I am fine with the Glennon signing. It looks essentially like a 1-2 year deal where we get an opportunity to see what he can do and I think he is going to impress some people on this board who have already called this guy a bum. He won't be a top 10 guy but he will be solid. The Demps move is similar. Demps can play and he will be solid even though not a long term solution.

The fact that the Bears wouldn't pony up for Alshon, Gilmore or Bouye is the most frustrating to me. You let our best player move on in what seems like a deal we could easily have matched and been happy about. Then you are unable to land 1 starting quality CB to add to the mix. Not even Logan Ryan. This Bears defense would have been really good with Demps and Gilmore.

The Bears got worse today and that is a fact. That's a huge problem especially when Pace seems to normally cover all weaknesses in free agency. We have created bigger holes and not filled any.

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
We won 3 games last year and there are people on this very board that are happy we signed bums.

Happy is a over statement, but I am also not ready to burn the building down. Was I disappointed in the signings? Yes. But I don't think they were all 'bums'. I have no idea what Glennon can be, but I don't know what Jimmy G is as well. What I do know is Jimmy isn't worth 2 1st rounds picks and a fat contract at this point. Glendon's contract is middle of the road for QBs.

I like Demps after Jefferson went off the board. I didn't see another safety worth the money or time after Jefferson. Yes, I would have loved Gilmore, but I like that Oace stuck to his guns and didn't get sucked into a bidding war with the Pats. Wheaton is a NFL caliber WR that is a upgrade over Royal in the slot. And Sims will compliment Miller well.

It's day #1, lets see what else is on the Bears plate before we freak the f out.