Jamal Adams at 3 talk is nonsense

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly the only ball hawking safety in the draft is 6' 2'' Hooker (i.e. a true FS). If he wasn't coming off of two surgeries he would be the only safety that would have a shot at pick #3. But Adams at #3? Nope.

Adams is not a ballhawk that is correct. He is the tone setter. The Bears have been lacking that guy on defense since Mike Brown ran into the injury buzzsaw. I won't fault anybody who prefers Hooker over Adams, he has tremendous range and can be that ballhawk. But I prefer the guy who lives and breathes it and brings the monsters back to the midway (cue inner meatball)

AussieBear

You put Fournette and Adams on this team and Fournette would be the one riding pine.

nah.. LF would be getting nearly 200 carries with howard getting about the same... cause....thats the scheme with glennon right.. pound/pa shat..

adams would be on st all year and would only see the field if demps is injured.... cause halls going goat @ FS.. no room for adams... unless giving 3 safety looks but then again.. bush is gonna leap way past adams in yr 2.. the real thumper..

deon bush 4 ints 9 FF at miami...

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Adams is not a ballhawk that is correct. He is the tone setter. The Bears have been lacking that guy on defense since Mike Brown ran into the injury buzzsaw. I won't fault anybody who prefers Hooker over Adams, he has tremendous range and can be that ballhawk. But I prefer the guy who lives and breathes it and brings the monsters back to the midway (cue inner meatball)

You can find a thumper later. The Seahawks drafted Chancelor in like the 4th round. Inorder for a safety to get picked at #3 he better have some mad covering skills. I mean something special like the Deon Sanders of safties.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You can find a thumper later. The Seahawks drafted Chancelor in like the 4th round. Inorder for a safety to get picked at #3 he better have some mad covering skills. I mean something special like the Deon Sanders of safties.

Why are you using a massive outlier as an example? They also drafted Sherman in the 3rd, I guess that means the Bears should never draft a CB prior to that since shutdown corners can be had in the mid rounds, right? Shit, might as well not take a QB til the 6th in any draft 'cause Brady... It's completely illogical to use one fluke to determine a policy.

Why not forgo the draft all together? They could put together one of the greatest teams of all time with undrafted free agents! Priest Holmes, Antonio Gates, Tony Romo, Kurt Warner, James Harrison, Rod Smith, Wes Welker, Chris Harris, Brian Waters, Jason Peters, Adam Vinatiere, Cameron Wake, London Fletcher, Jeff Saturday, Arian Foster, Warren Moon. Fuck, that's like half a team of examples why not to draft anyone right there!

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
nah.. LF would be getting nearly 200 carries with howard getting about the same... cause....thats the scheme with glennon right.. pound/pa shat..

adams would be on st all year and would only see the field if demps is injured.... cause halls going goat @ FS.. no room for adams... unless giving 3 safety looks but then again.. bush is gonna leap way past adams in yr 2.. the real thumper..

deon bush 4 ints 9 FF at miami...

Wut? They'd play Demps at FS. You think we take a S at 3 and he play special teams? Mental.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why are you using a massive outlier as an example? They also drafted Sherman in the 3rd, I guess that means the Bears should never draft a CB prior to that since shutdown corners can be had in the mid rounds, right? Shit, might as well not take a QB til the 6th in any draft 'cause Brady... It's completely illogical to use one fluke to determine a policy.

Why not forgo the draft all together? They could put together one of the greatest teams of all time with undrafted free agents! Priest Holmes, Antonio Gates, Tony Romo, Kurt Warner, James Harrison, Rod Smith, Wes Welker, Chris Harris, Brian Waters, Jason Peters, Adam Vinatiere, Cameron Wake, London Fletcher, Jeff Saturday, Arian Foster, Warren Moon. Fuck, that's like half a team of examples why not to draft anyone right there!

I said you can find a thumper in later rounds in other words I do not see Adam's pass cover skills as special.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
DB is one of the deepest positions in the draft, we arnt taking a DB at 3.

I don't really understand this.

If this is a great DB class and it is, you are going to see more DB's drafted in the first round and therefore, if you wait, you are going to probably get the same caliber player (maybe a little bit better) that you normally would in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

How about you just get the best DB in the best class and then you know you have drafted a real difference maker.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I don't really understand this.

If this is a great DB class and it is, you are going to see more DB's drafted in the first round and therefore, if you wait, you are going to probably get the same caliber player (maybe a little bit better) that you normally would in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

How about you just get the best DB in the best class and then you know you have drafted a real difference maker.

because you have reach for a 2nd round grade QB at #3 even though you signed MG to be your starter because you have to go for it.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
and this non value position thang..

fournette > adams... so if values dont matter... you take fournette riiight

this board is very bipolar

First, I disagree that Fournette is the BPA at 3. Secondly, he would not improve this team as much compared to other prospects available at 3.

So whether you are a BPA or adjust your rankings by positions of need, I dont see Fournette as our pick at 3. I do wholeheartedly disagree with the "similar players will be available later" line of reasoning. You take your guy when he is available and the haters can go fuck themselves. You have no way of knowing who will be available at your next pick.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After reading this thread I would be okay with taking a safety at 3 IF Trubisky is already taken.
I originally liked Hooker better, but now I am wandering if this is like the Cooper vs White situation?
Adams is like the Armi Cooper in this draft -- the more polished player checks every single box player
Hooker is like the Kevin White in this draft -- Only played one year, but has tons of potential. He is either a generational player or a one year wonder.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
College Stats:

Sean Taylor - 14 Interceptions and 3 TDs in 25 games
Ed Reed - 21 Interceptions and 4 TDs in 45 games
Eric Berry- 14 Interceptions and 3 TDs in 39 games
Earl Thomas - 10 interceptions and 2 TDs in 27 game

Jamal Adams - 5 interceptions and 0 TDs in 36 games
Malik Hooker - 7 interceptions and 3 TDs in 19 games

Jamal Adams is not a superstar safety prospect. If there is one in this draft, it is Malik Hooker.

AussieBear

First, I disagree that Fournette is the BPA at 3. Secondly, he would not improve this team as much compared to other prospects available at 3.

So whether you are a BPA or adjust your rankings by positions of need, I dont see Fournette as our pick at 3. I do wholeheartedly disagree with the "similar players will be available later" line of reasoning. You take your guy when he is available and the haters can go fuck themselves. You have no way of knowing who will be available at your next pick.

Why isn't fournette bpa 3??

Did u know that fournette faced 8+ men in the box roughly 66-67% of the time. College avg is 30 ish %. LF faced 9+ men 20ish %... Not bad for a non bpa guy. Pure bluechipper

He would improve the bears.. but since u say he wouldn't.. I guess he wouldn't.. ur right.. take a ss..... 5 ints n 2 ffs in 3 yrs. Blue chip material all day

Liked Posts:
Fournette would be best player available....next year you draft your future franchise qb in a loaded qb class. Bears have tons of options.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Why isn't fournette bpa 3??

Did u know that fournette faced 8+ men in the box roughly 66-67% of the time. College avg is 30 ish %. LF faced 9+ men 20ish %... Not bad for a non bpa guy. Pure bluechipper

He would improve the bears.. but since u say he wouldn't.. I guess he wouldn't.. ur right.. take a ss..... 5 ints n 2 ffs in 3 yrs. Blue chip material all day

Because he's a one dimensional power back playing in the wrong era. He is not a top 10 talent in today's NFL because a running back who isn't special as a receiver isn't worth much.

Reactions: 1ke

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Because he's a one dimensional power back playing in the wrong era. He is not a top 10 talent in today's NFL because a running back who isn't special as a receiver isn't worth much.

You sound silly as fuck when you make statements like this. It's comical. The wrong era would imply that there are no longer teams that feature an offense predicted on a power running scheme and play action passing game. Which, in fact is 100 percent false. He is a lock top 10 pick and for good reason.