Malik Hooker vs. Jamal Adams

Luke

Liked Posts:
It seems difficult to believe that the Bears will grab Hooker at 3 with only one year of tape, no pre draft workout and his injuries.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, it looks like you cant go wrong with either of these guys.....the Bears could use both and they seem as much of a 'sure thing' as your going to get nowadays with exception of Hookers injury obviously. I'd be stoked to see the Bears land either.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It seems difficult to believe that the Bears will grab Hooker at 3 with only one year of tape, no pre draft workout and his injuries.

This is true...such a shame too on the injury cause I think it would be a slam dunk no brainer of a pick at #3 otherwise.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Adams does everything well.

Hooker creates big plays.

Personally based on what the Bears need and their inability to keep guys healthy I am going Adams.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If Hooker had even one of those in his favor, he would not be available to the Bears at #3.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Pace does seem to like to take a higher ceiling guy in the first round.

The safe pick is Adams, and Hooker is the riskier, but bigger possible impact, so it would not surprise me at all.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears strategy of stockpiling a bunch of interchangeable mediocre SS's clearly hasn't worked so I wouldn't be upset with Hooker at #3 provided they get a QB with their next selection. Obviously the injury is a concern but this team needs a ball hawking FS more another a run stopping SS.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
The Bears strategy of stockpiling a bunch of interchangeable mediocre SS's clearly hasn't worked so I wouldn't be upset with Hooker at #3 provided they get a QB with their next selection. Obviously the injury is a concern but this team needs a ball hawking FS more another a run stopping SS.

Adams isn't a run stopping SS though. More like a Tyrann Mathieu. He's great in man coverage, he can be a single high safety as well. His instincts are incredible. He doesn't have the range or ball skills of Hooker, but he is much better at everything else.

I'd be happy with either, though Hooker scares me for multiple reasons. I still don't think either is worth the 3rd pick and I'm not convinced they're that much better then Budda Baker.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Pace does seem to like to take a higher ceiling guy in the first round.

The safe pick is Adams, and Hooker is the riskier, but bigger possible impact, so it would not surprise me at all.

No, it wouldn't surprise me either. Hooker is right in line with White and Floyd...unlimited upside but high bust potential.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Adams isn't a run stopping SS though. More like a Tyrann Mathieu. He's great in man coverage, he can be a single high safety as well. His instincts are incredible. He doesn't have the range or ball skills of Hooker, but he is much better at everything else.

I'd be happy with either, though Hooker scares me for multiple reasons. I still don't think either is worth the 3rd pick and I'm not convinced they're that much better then Budda Baker.

I really like Baker but his size scares me for longevity. Less than 200lbs in today's NFL for a S is pretty small.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Hookers range and ball skills are incredible.

When you consider Pace seems to like upside and physical attributes in the 1st (White and Floyd), it would not surprise me if he was the pick over Adams. I don't think you can go wrong either way.

Hooker has Ed Reed type potential.

Seriously? Wow that is high praise. I'm a bit torn. On one hand, we need to a moonshot home run with our 3rd overall pick. Ed Reed is was a generational HOF talent. That's the type of hit we need to turn this thing around.

But Adams is a complete player with elite leadership skills. He's a sure thing. And I think he will move the needle -- but not in an Ed Reed-type of way.

mammalspod

Liked Posts:
I don't understand the unconditional love for Adams. He is big and slow for a safety. His coverage skills were not awesome. He should put on 15-20lbs and play linebacker.

mammalspod

Liked Posts:

I don't know what you were watching. Adams was lined up on the strong side taking on blocks and stuffing runs and screens every game. He almost never played deep middle and was never chasing around first or second option wideouts in coverage. Watch the film. He's basically playing NFL linebacker.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I don't know what you were watching. Adams was lined up on the strong side taking on blocks and stuffing runs and screens every game. He almost never played deep middle and was never chasing around first or second option wideouts in coverage. Watch the film. He's basically playing NFL linebacker.

Well, I have watched the film, but thanks for being so condescending...safeties rarely cover outside receivers. LSU used him in a bunch of different roles. He covered slot receivers and tight ends, lined up in two deep and single high(though, yes, rarely). He's obviously not a single high Free Safety, but that doesn't mean he can't do it. though like I said he doesn't have the elite range Hooker has in that regard and that would be a waste of his talents.

Calling him basically a linebacker is silly. Some scouts think he can possibly play corner, his coverage ability is very good. He's simply a very good all around safety with elite instincts. He will be a quality starter for a long time.

MrDerp

Liked Posts:
Kevin King is going to be drafted in the first round, no way he falls to the third. Maybe Desmond king in the third though

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Adams is like having an extra LB on the field against the run and his head and shoulders better than Hooker. You really can't go wrong, but I also tend to lean toward turnover creation.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You really can't go wrong with either one of Hooker/Adams but i've been with taking Hooker at #3 from the beginning.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'll take them both, please.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Adams is the only defensive player I would be satisfied with at #3 (assuming Garrett goes 1st overall).