Thayer quick break down of Sim's traits

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we please stop with the Bennett comparisons, when Bennett was signed by the Bears he was already an established 2 way TE. Sims maybe can be but he has proven little overall in the passing game. If he signed in Chicago for 6 mil he most likely wasn't getting offered over 4 mil by anyone else so just stop with the Martellus similarities until he proves it for a year.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
That's an obsurd statement.

He may not be an asshole but he's not even close to the skill set Bennett brings to an offense.

when Bennett was here,he was strait up hands of stone and went down at first contact....and he was a complete asshole,juts like his brother

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
when Bennett was here,he was strait up hands of stone and went down at first contact....and he was a complete asshole,juts like his brother

^^^^That is completely entirely and unequivalently wrong

Again Sims may not be an asshole like Bennett however you seriously can not say they have the same skill set. I know you don't believe this because it completely obvious to the amateur eye.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not sure where you're getting 240 from -- both the league and the team have him listed at 271.

I just typed his name in google and his profile showed up on the right. Turns out it says 262, not 242. To many beers.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
I think he will really help open up our scheme. The Bennett comparison is a good comparison if you look at Bennett when he left Dallas and went to the Giants. Sims may not be a a vertical tightend but he still has good athleticism and movement skills.

His best value will be in the redzone and helping chip edge rushers before releasing. This signing is really going to help out our tackles and provide a nice safety net underneath.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
^^^^That is completely entirely and unequivalently wrong

Again Sims may not be an asshole like Bennett however you seriously can not say they have the same skill set. I know you don't believe this because it completely obvious to the amateur eye.

Who gives a shit? You hate everything Pace does just because of your hate for Pace. The guy will help tremendously with his blocking for the running and passing game and is a better receiving threat then he has shown in Miami and Miami wanted to keep him pretty bad, so there must be a reason for that, lets give the guy a chance to see what he can do and how we use him before hating on him in March. We were 3-13 last year which means we had to overpay some to get certain players which nobody seemed to care about when it came to the bigger named players that everyone was saying we should of overpaid to get.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He's not Bennett, but he can block and has good hands. He will not outrace a safety or corner, but we needed a guy we can stack on the line. Pretty good blocker.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Blocking TEs are a dime a dozen. Sims is not much of a downfield threat. He should be good around the goal line and in short yardage. I'm more excited to see what Brown can do this year. Between Sims, Miller (if healthy) and Brown, we should be serviceable at TE. Nothing any team would have to game plan for, but surely better than last season.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Teams don't have to game plan for miller? That'd be a mistake. When he's healthy, he's one of the better pass catching TEs in the league.

Asswipe Johnson

Liked Posts:

What games were you watching? Bennett almost never went down at first contact. His considerable ability to shed would be tacklers was his only good quality imo. And he was an asshat.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Glad we have Sims, I have no problem with him and I am happy to give him the chance to live up to his contract.

My problem is with Miller and the rest of the TE group. Fact is, while I like Miller as a guy and am sure he is a great teammate, he has proven incapable of staying on the field. Weapon or no, we cant rely on him. The guys behind him are no more than serviceable. In this era of the NFL, having a receiving TE that can be a weapon is just as good as a WR performing at the same level. With the talent pool at TE in this draft, it would be dumb to walk away without grabbing a good one.

If the depth chart is Miller - Sims - Rookie, all of a sudden TE is a strength in the passing game. Get Engram or Shaheen, and the safeties will stay over the middle even when Miller gets hurt, and it all of a sudden it wont be so bad that we only have #2 and #3 WRs.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lot of assumption in this thread that these guys will have catchable balls thrown to them.

Last edited:

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Who gives a shit? You hate everything Pace does just because of your hate for Pace. The guy will help tremendously with his blocking for the running and passing game and is a better receiving threat then he has shown in Miami and Miami wanted to keep him pretty bad, so there must be a reason for that, lets give the guy a chance to see what he can do and how we use him before hating on him in March. We were 3-13 last year which means we had to overpay some to get certain players which nobody seemed to care about when it came to the bigger named players that everyone was saying we should of overpaid to get.

Is this meant for me???

When did I ever say I hated Sims? When did I ever say I hated every move Pace makes?

Just because I disagree with the fact that his skill set doesn't match his contract? That I disagree that some believe he's a better receiving TE then Bennett doesn't mean I hate the guy. He will definatly bring value to the Bears but not in the capacity as fellow posters believe.

Liked Posts:
@dabears70 HTF do you know that Sims is a better receiving threat then he has shown in Miami? Because Pace told you so?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we have a good home field for slow heavy artillery. its a nice fit, but he has no ability to stretch a defense.

good signing....still need speed weapons to open up our power offense which could be impressive if they ever find a QB.

Washington

Liked Posts:
When he's healthy, he's one of the better pass catching TEs in the league.

He's had 1 good season in 9 and that was basically a half season stretch. I seriously doubt many DCs account for him. He's rarely available as it is.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good hands is what Glennon needs. A guy they have to cover, and is reliable, and is best suited to block for Howard.

Meredith Miller-Leno-Sutton-Grasu-Whitehair-Long-Sims White
Glennon
Howard is the best 11 players we have. I think you would have to decide that, and then start drawing up custom plays to write a post-modern NFL offense. Be revolutionary or go home. Maybe even T back and out of shotgun, with multy direction pitch and pass options. Something where Glennon makes a decision from the center of pocket. Pitch left, pitch right, throw left throw write. All can run, block, or catch except the decision maker Glennon.

Sims would make an interesting H back.

You have to create a gimmic almost to allow for Glennon getting the ball out quicker more often.