Jonathan Allen vs Solomon Thomas

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
What is the status of Allens injuries? I've cooled on him since hearing about those. Will those injuries not shorten his career?
He has arthritis but the docs (his docs?) said that he can easily have a 10 year career before the arthritis would affect him.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
If I could weigh in on the arthritis -

Just to put some context on what I know, I am in my final year of studying physical therapy. I am not close to the situation or know the extent but typically arthritis is going to be more about pain management throughout his career. Seeing as he will be getting the best medical attention and physical therapy that money can buy on a regular basis, I would not worry at all about Allen missing serious time because of it.

He may require some a few cleanup surgeries in the off-seasons to come but I would not be concerned about that.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If I could weigh in on the arthritis -

Just to put some context on what I know, I am in my final year of studying physical therapy. I am not close to the situation or know the extent but typically arthritis is going to be more about pain management throughout his career. Seeing as he will be getting the best medical attention and physical therapy that money can buy on a regular basis, I would not worry at all about Allen missing serious time because of it.

He may require some a few cleanup surgeries in the off-seasons to come but I would not be concerned about that.

Good deal man. I'm close to applying for the PTA program, myself. How have you liked your experience so far?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Good deal man. I'm close to applying for the PTA program, myself. How have you liked your experience so far?

I am actually studying in Australia. Love the gig. Definitely would recommend.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I am actually studying in Australia. Love the gig. Definitely would recommend.

That's awesome, man. Glad to hear it. I love it already. Great gig for sure. Good luck with it.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
This debate could become a real in the Bears War Room should the 49ers pass on either of these two guys.

When you consider the fact that the 49ers new defensive coordinator is Robert Saleh (former LB's coach for the Jags under GUS BRADLEY). They are expected to transition to that Seattle Seahawks style defense that predominantly uses a single -high safety. Malik Hooker may be a big priority for them as that rangy centerfielder.

Then there is the possibility they go QB.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
This debate could become a real in the Bears War Room should the 49ers pass on either of these two guys.

When you consider the fact that the 49ers new defensive coordinator is Robert Saleh (former LB's coach for the Jags under GUS BRADLEY). They are expected to transition to that Seattle Seahawks style defense that predominantly uses a single -high safety. Malik Hooker may be a big priority for them as that rangy centerfielder.

Then there is the possibility they go QB.

True, and the same can be said for Thomas when looking for a player of the Michael Bennett Mold. Obviously Thomas is a more gifted athlete but he's a guy Sahel can move around the front 4 like Bennett, who's also a bit of a tweener.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
True, and the same can be said for Thomas when looking for a player of the Michael Bennett Mold. Obviously Thomas is a more gifted athlete but he's a guy Sahel can move around the front 4 like Bennett, who's also a bit of a tweener.

49ers have Buckner, Armstead, Lynch, Eli Harold, Ahmad Brooks already. None of them are as good as Thomas no doubt but there is more talent there than there is at safety.