Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am trying to be realistic and see us not taking a QB at 3 with either a trade down or other player taken there. I like Trubs best but think he'll be gone where we can get him other than 3 and he might be gone there as well. I'm voted Mahomes because he's got the most ability and we're now setup to groom him for the NFL. If he has to sit a year plus to learn how to play this game, I'm OK with it. He's got an arm that you see once a decade but great arms don't make NFL QBs. It's only part of it and why he shouldn't be taken early one. Problem is that I doubt he gets past the 20s because of his arm. Somebody's gonna reach a bit for him and I'd just as soon it be us.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
What I want - Mahomes because I don't see them picking a QB at 3 short of trade down clowning. Most likely though he won't even be available for our 2nd round pick so meh.

What I see happening - Kaaya, Peterman, or Dobbs.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wish Mahommes wasn't a child.

Those were some fairly profound advanced statistics we read last week, that would indicate Trubisky, and Kaaya have the greatest chance of success.

I, like Pace, have been enamored with Kaaya since his freshman year. The year he had just makes his value even greater if we can get him in late second. I would target him around the 20th pick in 2nd round. Cheap trade up for a "gold" QB.

I suspect that Pace with take Allen, Fournette, or Adams in first. And jump the gun on Kaaya at 35 because that is his guy. If a run on Qb's begins (which I don't foresee, I think they all slide because of their depth and lack of clarity on who is the guy) ...but if a run begins look for Pace to panic and jump back into first for Kaaya. Thats his guy.

I have a very very bad feeling about Trubisky. I know it goes against almost everyone and most of the good scouts...it makes me feel weird to see it so differently. I just don't see anything I like in him at all. Ryan Leaf level brings nothing to the table.

The architect of that offense, Fedora on the other hand, would be a massive upgrade over Loggains. Wish we had owners willing to throw money at talented coaches. Get Fedora, not Trubisky.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
We're likely not taking Watson, Trubisky, Mahomes or Kizer.

So out of Peterman, Webb, and Kaaya I would take Peterman. If not Peterman then Webb, if not Webb or Peterman...leave Kaaya for someone else.

A general ranking of who I would want out of all these guys is this:

1. Watson
2. Trubisky
3. Kizer
4. Mahomes
5. Peterman
6. Webb

7. Kaaya

Liked Posts:
Watson or Mahomes....thats it. Bears need to load up on other talent. Next years QB class is loaded, dont waste a pick on a bad QB this year.

wisconsinbearsfan

Liked Posts:
The one standing next to the championship trophy. I want a winner at QB, something the Bears have not had.
Winning in college doesn't always translate to winning in the NFL. Watson will rely more on his legs than his arm, and I don't ever see him developing into an elite passer. He also makes poor decisions with the ball, and after Cutler, we don't need more of that. I don't think he's worth a 1st round draft pick at any spot.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Much better QB's next yr... No QB picked this yr.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am standing by my pick on Kizer, but I'd be ok with Trubisky or Watson as well.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
I am very disappointed in the results of this poll. You should be ashamed of yourself if you voted for Peterman.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1st tier: Kizer
2nd tier: Kaaya

GSH_34

Liked Posts:

True on the first part. And I was on that train for a while until I realized what had to happen for us to get one of those QB's next year. Either we have another abysmal season or we have to mortgage a shit ton to move up to the top 3.

Neither of which are realistic.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Winning in college doesn't always translate to winning in the NFL. Watson will rely more on his legs than his arm, and I don't ever see him developing into an elite passer. He also makes poor decisions with the ball, and after Cutler, we don't need more of that. I don't think he's worth a 1st round draft pick at any spot.

There's NO comparison with Watson and jay. Hell if jay had 1/2 of Watson's intangibles, we'd have been in the playoffs the majority if the time he was here for the last 8 yrs.

Next......

Watson will rely more on his legs than his arm, and I don't ever see him developing into an elite passer. He also makes poor decisions with the ball

Have seen Watson's PASSING STATS. Have u seen how guy performs in pressure situations, Have you seen the types of DECISIONS this guy makes in pressure situations.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Some ppl. say this.... why? What makes next yr such a "can't miss yr. for Qb's" ??? This is the yr. to take IMO. This is the yr. u can find a Qb from rounds 1-5 who can make plays and make a difference at Qb, i.e. Watson, Kizer, Mahomes,
Trubisky, Jerad Evans, Peterman ( displayed decent mobility in his all-star game) , Dobbs ( very intelligent...lol, yeah he's literally a "rocket scientist"). Kaaya, Sefo Liufau, Antonio Pipkin, Taysom Hill, QB, BYU

Hammer

Liked Posts:
The one standing next to the championship trophy. I want a winner at QB, something the Bears have not had.

It's kinda crazy to see so many Bears fans in awe of a "black Tim Tebow".

But anyway, IMO, Kaaya in 3rd/4th round gives Bears by far the best value (lottery ticket) in this weak QB Draft.