CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Carolina is the team you're expecting to trade up you can't compare it to a trade for a QB. Trading up for a QB throws the value chart out in one direction, doing so for a RB does so in another direction.

Yep. I was admonished for saying this the other day but it's true, trades will be based on the target and what suits the teams, not the draft value chart.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't agree with this article, as it assumes that Sanchez and Shaw are locks to make the final roster.

Yeah i don't agree with it either but thought people would wanna read it anyway to see what others think about us drafting a QB in this draft.

Liked Posts:
If the Bears wanted a guy to start immediately I could see them wanting to go with a guy with experience like Deshaun Watson. It would make sense although the offense would need to be tweaked.

With the signing of Glennon however, I think you have to take a chance on the guy with the biggest upside physically if you want to go QB at #3.

Some would say that is Mahomes with his big arm but Trubisky has the athleticism, arm strength and accuracy combination that if he had another successful college season under his belt, he would be the consensus #1 pick. He also didn't play in the most gimmicky offense in college football.

I think if you are going to RS a guy, it has to be Trubisky.

I hope so. I like Trubisky & Kaaya. I like their mechanics & the potential for their mechanics to improve with development. Both are appear intelligent with good decision making, & pocket awareness, again with potential to improve. I believe Kaaya gets a bad rap for how he handles pressure in the pocket, when it comes to how bad the Caines really are & have been for some time now, in part for penalties due to multiple recruiting violations & giving illegal benefits to student athletes over the years. This years Caines team was one of the worst 'Caines teams talent wise I've lived to see. I believe Kaaya & Njoku are the only real notable, draft-able players from their roster. Yet Kaaya played well & was the reason the Caines improved to a 9-4 record in spite of a clear lack of talent around him, a new coach, & new offensive system. Kaaya IS THE reason on the field that the Caines won any games this year, let alone improve to a winning record in the W-L column

Another thing I really like is both Trubisky & Kaaya are smart accuracy first QBs with good arm strength, instead of the mistake prone strong arm goon type with goon with shady accuracy. I really hope the Bears go for an accurate first QB this time instead of getting caught up in another strong armed type with potential & decision making & accuracy issues. I do believe that if given a fair shake to develop into starting franchise both Kaaya & Trubisky will develop into very good or better QBs for teams that are smart enough to build talent around them both.

I'd be very happy to see Trubisky, or Kaaya, or even both drafted by the Bears, fuck Sanchez, cut the motherfucker.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would like to legitimately redshirt which ever QB the Beats draft.

Doesn't seem to happen that much anymore even when teams say they are going to do it.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The Glennon/Sanchez approach all but guarantees a QB in either the first or second round - with the new QB basically being redshirted for the season. No idea who is Paces guy - but if its Trubisky or Watson then it will have to be at #3.

Big investment in the Glennon/Sanchez contract package for a year - clearly designed to allow them to bring someone else in. So would be surprised if they waited to #36 just in case all their preferred choices went first. Then you would basically have created the perfect base for a rookie QB but not actually have one.

Personally hope its Trubisky

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd love Trubs at 3. That'd make me really happy. He's my #1 QB and # 2 overall prospect.

I also wouldn't mind trading back to around 8-12 and taking Mahomes. His stock seems to be rising higher and higher every day, kind of like Wentz last year.

Both need at least a year to sit. Glennon provides that year and maybe more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I'm a Watson guy but i'd be 100% behind Trubisky as well. Both are excellent athletes that can give you that extra dimension, and Trubisky is actually more mechanically consistent at this point. Having either of these guys in the bullpen would make another dismal upcoming season worthwhile. Then we'd just have to find a receiver or two..

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Glennon has been derided already by fans, can you imagine if he is the starter in front of the #3 draft pick. Every INT or loss will be magnified, the over under on 1/2 of CCS calling for his benching would be halftime of the season opener.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Screw all these QBs at 3, if we can not trade back and get a ransom for doing that, then take Fournette he is a legit top ten talent.

You want teams to focus on the running game so that whatever QB is back there can play smart and win.

Seriously think about a backfield with Howard/ Fournette, and then think about one of this years QB's sitting on the bench.

If they want to take a QB in the 4th, then I say pick up what ever is left over, because they will have as much success this year as a QB at 3.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm firmly in the QB @3 camp and I have absolutely no problem with sitting them until they're ready, regardless of how well or badly Glennon does. I can't imagine anyone has realistic expectations of them being competitive next year anyway. Just the fact that Pace would have actually identified and acquired his guy is enough for me. No problem with waiting a year for him to play if necessary.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Screw all these QBs at 3, if we can not trade back and get a ransom for doing that, then take Fournette he is a legit top ten talent.

You want teams to focus on the running game so that whatever QB is back there can play smart and win.

Seriously think about a backfield with Howard/ Fournette, and then think about one of this years QB's sitting on the bench.

If they want to take a QB in the 4th, then I say pick up what ever is left over, because they will have as much success this year as a QB at 3.

If they draft a QB, it won't be about 2017, it will be about the future.

They aren't drafting a RB at 3. FFS.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Instead of draft charts, value charts, etc., we should maybe discuss instead what Pace values.

That's really the only thing that matters. Personally, I think we'll enjoy Lattimore or Adams, and then Nathan Peterman in the second.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
If they draft a QB, it won't be about 2017, it will be about the future.

They aren't drafting a RB at 3. FFS.

We could be the best running team in the ENTIRE NFL with a backfield of Howard and Fournette.

Not a single QB in this draft will have that kind of impact next year AND since you think it is all about our future, it could be argued that Fournette could be a bigger impact in the future also.

We need a frickin identity, and we can have that with Fournette.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We could be the best running team in the ENTIRE NFL with a backfield of Howard and Fournette.

Not a single QB in this draft will have that kind of impact next year AND since you think it is all about our future, it could be argued that Fournette could be a bigger impact in the future also.

The one bright spot on the offense is a young top 6 RB. There's literally zero chance they're going to waste their highest draft pick in 45 years on another back. This isn't the era of your avatar.

KennyH

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Glennon has been derided already by fans, can you imagine if he is the starter in front of the #3 draft pick. Every INT or loss will be magnified, the over under on 1/2 of CCS calling for his benching would be halftime of the season opener.

While your probably 100% correct as far as CCS reaction I think the media would be far less on the case if Pace/Fox reinforce that Glennon got a sweet contract to allow the rookie to learn without the pressure to start - and that Sanchez is part of that package. That takes the steam out of things - and lets the Bears actually teach a kid the system without the pressure and expectation of being a day one starter.

Though as a fan I would probably be calling for Trubisky/Watson to start immediately too!!

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

You really need to stop speaking in absolute's in regards to this QB class, especially the future of it. It's incredibly ignorant. Having an nevgative opinion about the crop is fine. Defining thier future is down right silly.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You really need to stop speaking in absolute's in regards to this QB class, especially the future of it. It's incredibly ignorant. Having an nevgative opinion about the crop is fine. Defining thier future is down right silly.

It's not often I thank posts with misplaced apostrophes, but this is so true. The black/white thought process regarding the QBs is maddening. The class isn't low on talent, but it lacks clear day one starters. This all goes into the grading process used to judge them as well as their perceived skillsets.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
It's not often I thank posts with misplaced apostrophes, but this is so true. The black/white thought process regarding the QBs is maddening. The class isn't low on talent, but it lacks clear day one starters. This all goes into the grading process used to judge them as well as their perceived skillsets.

Haha. I have know Idea why my phone would predict such things. Anyways , we're in agreement.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
While wer'e at it, perhaps we should also ease back on the, "It has to be this guy, or it has to be that guy."

That shits' kind of annoying.