What Happens to Coaching Staff if Fox & Friends Draft a QB?

cobra302

Liked Posts:
He'll get at least 8 wins if Bears manage to stay healthy.
That's a huge IF. Seems the Bears have had disproportionate number of injuries over last several seasons. Poor conditioning program perhaps?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Deep down how many people would be a little upset if the Bears take a S or 5 technique at 3?

I would be happy that we add a talented player, but disappointed that the Bears are riding or dying with Glennon.
______

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Deep down how many people would be a little upset if the Bears take a S or 5 technique at 3?

I would be happy that we add a talented player, but disappointed that the Bears are riding or dying with Glennon.
______

I like Jamal Adams, I like Jonathan Allen, I like Malik Hooker and I like Marshon Lattimore.

But I would be disappointed if the Bears did not take the oppurunity to pick a QB, especially if they are all available.

You can tell me that Trubisky has flaws and I can tell you that Jonathan Allen plays 5 technique, is a limited athlete and has had shoulders.

You can tell me that Watson can't do something and I can tell you that Hooker is injured and misses tackles and plays safety.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

______

I would be disappointed if we don't draft a QB, but won't be upset with the pick if it's Adams. People will be calling for Paces head after the pick, but will need to wait until the end of the first before making any real judgement in case he jumps up to get his guy.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
If the Bears draft a QB does John Fox get an extra 2-3 years as the Bears head coach? If Kevin White pans out this season it's even more of a reason to keep John Fox because his first round draft picks have done well and he is improving this team on paper.

The only way I see John Fox getting fired is if he sticks with Mike Glennon and they fail.

No way Glennon fails. He played a decent game in losing to the Seahawks to end 2013. Didn't you see the CCS thread?

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I'm praying Jim Harbaugh is coaching Deshaun Watson for thee beloved.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If you say so. When was another time a defensive head coach ever got credit for an offensive player doing well? Usually we heap that on the coordinator.

Doesn't Belichek get credit for his offensive players??

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:

______

Jamal Adams is my favourite non-QB in the draft. I think he's the closest thing to a sure fire pro bowler after Garrett, maybe even including Garrett (!). I admit I'll be a little disappointed if we take him at 3 but I will at least understand the decision to take him over a QB and will hope that trading up for Mahomes or Kizer is on the table.

After Adams though, I get angrier quicker depending on who we take at 3...

Allen - solid player and I'm not as concerned with his shoulders as others. But a 5 technique at 3rd overall?
Lattimore/Hooker - would be pissed as I see at least as much risk in these picks (injury concerns for both and fundamental skills for Hooker) as there is in taking a QB.
Thomas - I guess I'll just assume Fangio knows what he's doing here as I've not seen enough tape on him.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
White was a Fox pick?
Didn't you know that Fox a defensive minded coach and after the Bears worst D in history, demanded we draft a WR with the first pick lol

Sent from my RCT6303W87M7 using Tapatalk

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have been visiting and contributing sometimes on these message boards for 20 years now, and I don't think that I have ever read so much stuff that does not make sense as lately. First of all, what has John Fox done wrong here. When he has a healthy group of legitimate players on the field and he doesn't go .500 or higher then complain and bitch and fire or whatever you want. He has this team playing as hard as any in the NFL, with a bunch of 4th stringers last year with an entire team of injured players. That is his fault? He has gotten the most out of what he has so far. You want Bowles? That team is in total disarray, falling apart and old. Fox looks like he will have this team ready to go if we manage to maintain health out there.

So far, Pace has been so, so, and Fox has been terrific.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I have been visiting and contributing sometimes on these message boards for 20 years now, and I don't think that I have ever read so much stuff that does not make sense as lately. First of all, what has John Fox done wrong here. When he has a healthy group of legitimate players on the field and he doesn't go .500 or higher then complain and bitch and fire or whatever you want. He has this team playing as hard as any in the NFL, with a bunch of 4th stringers last year with an entire team of injured players. That is his fault? He has gotten the most out of what he has so far. You want Bowles? That team is in total disarray, falling apart and old. Fox looks like he will have this team ready to go if we manage to maintain health out there.

Fox's teams get out of the gate terribly most every game. Teams seem to move up and down the field on us on their opening drive. His lack of adjustments in the 2nd half have been head scratchers. He has been very disappointing on clock management for a guy with his tenure.

In his 15 years as a head coach, his teams have only finished above .500 6 times. The year Elways boots him, they win a Super Bowl. I don't understand the love for Fox at all.

Here are Fox's entries in the Chicago Bears annals:

- Head coach of the most penalized Bears team in a home game (2015 Arizona)
- Head coach of team allowing 48 points at home most in Bears history at home (2015 Arizona)
- Head coach of the 1st team in NFL history to lose at home to 2 teams coming in with 0-5 records on the road (2015 Wash and SF)
- Head coach of the worst home record in Bears history in the modern era (2015 1-7)
- Head coach of the team producing the least turnovers in NFL history (2016)

Feel free to add the positive records in the Bears annals.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox's teams get out of the gate terribly most every game. Teams seem to move up and down the field on us on their opening drive. His lack of adjustments in the 2nd half have been head scratchers. He has been very disappointing on clock management for a guy with his tenure.

In his 15 years as a head coach, his teams have only finished above .500 6 times. The year Elways boots him, they win a Super Bowl. I don't understand the love for Fox at all.

Here are Fox's entries in the Chicago Bears annals:

- Head coach of the most penalized Bears team in a home game (2015 Arizona)
- Head coach of team allowing 48 points at home most in Bears history at home (2015 Arizona)
- Head coach of the 1st team in NFL history to lose at home to 2 teams coming in with 0-5 records on the road (2015 Wash and SF)
- Head coach of the worst home record in Bears history in the modern era (2015 1-7)
- Head coach of the team producing the least turnovers in NFL history (2016)

Feel free to add the positive records in the Bears annals.

If you want to just look at a few stats that don't tell the story here like you are some sort of an outsider that never watches the games and doesn't know the background, then fine, you are 100% right.

However, being a huge Doors fan, I know that you have been posting here for a very long time, I recognize your screen name. So you know, that Fox took over a TOTAL SHIT SHOW that was losing games 50-0 and stuff like that the year before he came in. He immediately made us competitive, losing games, but not getting blown out. Last year we were just devastated with injuries, yet taking teams like the Packers down to the last play of the game. I think we were like 7th in the league last year defensively in yards, which is the standard, and that was with 9 starters out of the defense by week 4. Give the guy a break.

Washington

Liked Posts:
If you want to just look at a few stats that don't tell the story here like you are some sort of an outsider that never watches the games and doesn't know the background, then fine, you are 100% right.

However, being a huge Doors fan, I know that you have been posting here for a very long time, I recognize your screen name. So you know, that Fox took over a TOTAL SHIT SHOW that was losing games 50-0 and stuff like that the year before he came in. He immediately made us competitive, losing games, but not getting blown out. Last year we were just devastated with injuries, yet taking teams like the Packers down to the last play of the game. I think we were like 7th in the league last year defensively in yards, which is the standard, and that was with 9 starters out of the defense by week 4. Give the guy a break.

I have watched a shit load of football in my 55 years on earth. Trestman did not even earn the accolades Fox has. I just don't like Fox. My prerogative. I'm sure Elway felt very good about his decision to can Fox. I think the game has passed Fox by.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:

______

I like Jamal Adams, I like Jonathan Allen, I like Malik Hooker and I like Marshon Lattimore.

But I would be disappointed if the Bears did not take the oppurunity to pick a QB, especially if they are all available.

You can tell me that Trubisky has flaws and I can tell you that Jonathan Allen plays 5 technique, is a limited athlete and has had shoulders.

You can tell me that Watson can't do something and I can tell you that Hooker is injured and misses tackles and plays safety.

Holy shit, replying to yourself now?

When you have a conversation with yourself in silence, its called thinking.

When you do it aloud, that's called crazy.

You may be suffering from draft fatigue. Go get some puss brah.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have watched a shit load of football in my 55 years on earth. Trestman did not even earn the accolades Fox has. I just don't like Fox. My prerogative. I'm sure Elway felt very good about his decision to can Fox. I think the game has passed Fox by.

Elway also hired Fox, in early 2011. His team was falling apart, coming off a 4-12 season. He hired Fox to turn the team around, especially the defense. HIs records for the next 4 years went to 8-8, 13-3, 13-3, 12-4, led by the defense. His 4 year contract was over. Elway let him go because him and Fox did not agree on how to get to the next level (translation, they would have been at the next level already if Manning didn't happen to throw the stupidest dumbest pass of his career to take them out of the 2014 playoffs. Anyway, word has it Elway was an emotional wreck announcing that him and Fox were parting ways, he loves Fox.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Fox is a below average coach. THe last two seasons have proven that he doesn't play to win games but rather to keep the score reasonably close. He also is one of the worst half-time adjusters I have ever seen. How many times have we seen Howard running the ball well in the first half and then he shuts him down in the 2nd half, for example?

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox is a below average coach. THe last two seasons have proven that he doesn't play to win games but rather to keep the score reasonably close. He also is one of the worst half-time adjusters I have ever seen. How many times have we seen Howard running the ball well in the first half and then he shuts him down in the 2nd half, for example?

I actually disagree with all of that. The Jordan Howard thing is a total message board myth. He came out of games a little banged up. He was a darn rookie. I think his carries were more than enough especially since he didn't really play at all till game 5. Whatever on that.

As far as halftime adjustments, it is amazing how people look at things different ways. When he was on the Broncos, a very good friend of mine who follows the Broncos as close as we do with the Bears, told me that John Fox is a genius at making halftime adjustments. Maybe you should wait until he is a healthy team on the field, and not the 4th QB of the year, and 3rd running back, and no tight end, and two offensive linemen out, and the 4th and 5th receivers on the field before you start judging that. With that on the field you say he is playing to keep it close and not making halftime adjustments. I am surprised at you. I thought you were a little better than that.