What Happens to Coaching Staff if Fox & Friends Draft a QB?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If the Bears draft a QB does John Fox get an extra 2-3 years as the Bears head coach? If Kevin White pans out this season it's even more of a reason to keep John Fox because his first round draft picks have done well and he is improving this team on paper.

The only way I see John Fox getting fired is if he sticks with Mike Glennon and they fail.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fucking punt him regardless of outcome. I am done with these cookie cutter head coaches with no balls.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't necessarily see it that way. I think Foxy has to at absolute bear minimum get 7-9 or 8-8 to keep his job.

Part of me really believes Pace never wanted Fox and will be glad to send him packing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't necessarily see it that way. I think Foxy has to at absolute bear minimum get 7-9 or 8-8 to keep his job.

Part of me really believes Pace never wanted Fox and will be glad to send him packing.

The problem with this is that it hurts the development of the rookie QB. And if Pace never believed in Fox, why would he even consider drafting a QB into that situation.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

He'll get at least 8 wins if Bears manage to stay healthy.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Who knows but he is going to get the coaching credit if White is a success.

If you say so. When was another time a defensive head coach ever got credit for an offensive player doing well? Usually we heap that on the coordinator.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats

If today is one of those rare days you believe Hub, he's maintained that Pace wanted Bowles, and it was Accorsi who suggested Fox.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If you say so. When was another time a defensive head coach ever got credit for an offensive player doing well? Usually we heap that on the coordinator.

Fox will develop the strategy, Dowell will prep & play call. At least that what I'm assuming since every team he's been on other than the Manning era in Denver has been heavy run focused.

Did you play Football is Sweden? I did but was terrible. haha at least I admit it.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If they pick a rookie QB I expect him to stay. They will see hope in the offseason regardless of record.

If they don't and Glennon isn't very good than I expect he is fired.

15-33 getting ready to unveil your 3rd overall QB is one thing.

15-33 starting from scratch at QB, might as well start totally from scratch.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
The problem with this is that it hurts the development of the rookie QB. And if Pace never believed in Fox, why would he even consider drafting a QB into that situation.

Pace may feel that due to the circumstances of drafting so high in the draft, this is his time to draft a QB regardless of Foxy. Assuming of course, Pace loves one of these QB prospects. Glennon will still be starting this season regardless in all likelihood. Fox IMO will need to go 8-8 at minimum to keep his job. That probably won't happen, so Pace can send him packing and hand pick his own guy to see his new QB transition to the starting job. This is all highly hypothetical though. We really don't have enough to go on or know enough of the behind the scenes stuff to conclude anything.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fox should have been tossed at the end of last year.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they pick a rookie QB I expect him to stay. They will see hope in the offseason regardless of record.

If they don't and Glennon isn't very good than I expect he is fired.

15-33 getting ready to unveil your 3rd overall QB is one thing.

15-33 starting from scratch at QB, might as well start totally from scratch.

I think this is a more reasonable set of conditions for Pace, not so much Fox. Fox I think is tied to record and record alone this year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fox should have been tossed at the end of last year.

True, but if he wants to buy himself more time he should draft a QB.

Even going 8-8 with mediocre QB play is not going to excite anyone.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think this is a more reasonable set of conditions for Pace, not so much Fox. Fox I think is tied to record and record alone this year.

Then he is fired.

Even if they and a great draft this is a 5-6 win team and the last place team in the NFC North.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
True, but if he wants to buy himself more time he should draft a QB.

Even going 8-8 with mediocre QB play is not going to excite anyone.

I thought Pace was (allegedly) running the show.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Then he is fired.

Even if they and a great draft this is a 5-6 win team and the last place team in the NFC North.

So was the Glennon signing something just to appease Fox, something that gave him a grasp of hope to save his job? The way this whole offseason has played out doesn't make any sense to me if it is Pace's intent to draft a QB. Why not just keep Barkely/Hoyer, dump Fox, and sign that coach's QB of the future?

Reactions: Myk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So was the Glennon signing something just to appease Fox, something that gave him a grasp of hope to save his job? The way this whole offseason has played out doesn't make any sense to me if it is Pace's intent to draft a QB. Why not just keep Barkely/Hoyer, dump Fox, and sign that coach's QB of the future?

1. You give Fox a QB to try and save his job in 2017

2. Take a 2nd swing at QB, Glennon has more upside/mystery than those guys.

3. They couldn't spend the cap space so why no use it for even a slight upgrade over Hoyer

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. You give Fox a QB to try and save his job in 2017

2. Take a 2nd swing at QB, Glennon has more upside/mystery than those guys.

3. They couldn't spend the cap space so why no use it for even a slight upgrade over Hoyer

You mean possible slight upgrade, and the money could have been better spent on the secondary IMO.