Your Chicago Blackhawks offseason thread

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/hockey/blackhawks/ct-blackhawks-trade-niklas-hjalmarsson--20170623-story.html

[h=1]Blackhawks trade Niklas Hjalmarsson to Coyotes for two defensemen[/h]

Blackhawks defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson during a Feb. 28, 2016, game at the United Center.
(Brian Cassella / Chicago Tribune)

70x70
Chris HineContact ReporterChicago Tribune

In a significant trade, the Blackhawks traded defenseman Niklas Hjalmarsson to the Coyotes in exchange for defensemen Connor Murphy and Laurent Dauphin on Friday.
“Niklas’ contributions to the three Stanley Cup championship teams are well known but his dependability as a teammate, selfless attitude and the way he represented the Chicago Blackhawks on and off the ice are what made him such a beloved member of the organization,” general manager Stan Bowman said in a statement. “He made his debut in Chicago in 2008 and quietly established himself as one of the toughest competitors in franchise history. We wish he and his family continued success.”
In the deal, the Hawks pick up a pair of young defensemen in Murphy and Dauphin. Murphy, 24, has spent four seasons in the NHL and had two goals and 15 assists in 77 games.
Dauphin, 22, has played in 32 career games over two seasons with the Coyotes.
This story will be updated.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Now also Saad is back. Panarin n Motte to CBJ for Saad n a young goalie ready to backup

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Blackhawks still over the cap by $1.4million

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thoughts on the draft?

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lots of European prospects. How due you pronounce that name

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
19274919_10155599884818258_2954593895312089596_n.jpg

I went to the draft on Friday.
Overall an interesting experience.
I had to laugh at the crowd booing Bettman every time he got to the podium. He eventually began to troll the crowd, asking "Is that all?" Then the boos really came roaring down.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thoughts on the draft?

Johiharju was great with PDX...not Seth Jones level but a good RHD. Might not be ready this comign seasons but in a few I don't see how he couldn't at least be a 3-4

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I hope he doesn't wind up in the tweener spot pike Pokka, maybe Johi is a better skater which it seems but Pokka was drafted near him just a bit lower as an early 2nd.

But Pokka was qualified so it seems he's got that kinda Hartman while where it's this year or its it for his Hawks chance Hartman hit with last year.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Niemi getting bought out by the Stars. Worth a run at him to sign as a back-up cheap for 1 year?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Niemi getting bought out by the Stars. Worth a run at him to sign as a back-up cheap for 1 year?

Not for more than sub 1M. If he can get more elsewhere let him walk. I think for this coming year we should get maybe 1 or 2 more sub 1M netminders (other than Glass and Forsberg), and let them fight it out in the preseason.

After these playoffs IMHO the onus in on our skater stars to put up or shut up.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
How many guys can fight it out... you have 3 Forsberg, Glass, and Johansson. Generally though helps likely Rockford to have a return of those 2 more experienced goalies though I'm not sure where exactly Wooter Peters is playing in minors still another year or minors.

They signed Forsberg to a 2 year deal so probably secure they think he's gonna be the backup

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Forsberg looks like he sucks. I don't know why Motte is gone and that was done when Panarin was involved after looking into it. That fucking sucks.

Forsberg is 1-8 with an over 4.0 goals against at NHL level. He is a former 7th round pick. Prove me wrong but I don't like the sound of much except his .922 minor league percentage.

I like what they did in the draft, recognizing a future need for top pairing defensmen and doubling up. rounds 1 and 2, the hope you get 1. They got more good value in the 3rd round, doubled up on center in the middle of draft, and then found a nice young Fin to help their first round pick transition to culture and grow up with in the system.

"The Friend" they found him has size potential so is a good take for us for those 2 reasons in the 5th round.

Knott, Bondra, Forslin, Debricat remain high potential forwards in the system already, this draft compliments the team very well in terms of what we are likely to need 3-5 years from now.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You don't judge much by a goalie in spot NHL stints at 21-22 on awful teams. Not like Crawford was good in his stints then nor ready at all til 25.

Forsberg was the goalie that wok the Calder cup for CBJ the year before last. He has backup potential just as a spot signing Rantaa and Darling did getting them a few years back.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
You don't judge much by a goalie in spot NHL stints at 21-22 on awful teams. Not like Crawford was good in his stints then nor ready at all til 25.

Forsberg was the goalie that wok the Calder cup for CBJ the year before last. He has backup potential just as a spot signing Rantaa and Darling did getting them a few years back.

Duh...you judge him by his Youtube highlights. The only way to really know.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I give a fuck about the Calder Cup.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
so what are the lines going into next season if we consider Kruger getting traded?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
so what are the lines going into next season if we consider Kruger getting traded?

Saad - Toews - Panik
Schmaltz - AA - Kane
Jurco - Kero - Hartman
Rassmussen/Desjardin - Hino/Hayden - Desjardin/Hino/Hayden

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

Still have free agency, other potential trades, and prospects that could step up. Way too early to even think about lines for next season.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Hardly doubt Desjardins will be back. He's a former self n Dauphin should be in competition with Rasmussen, kero, etc for bottom 6 center spots