Draft Week Rumors

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Personally I hope Trubs and Watson do go 1&2 and I'm really high on Trubs.

This scenario would leave Garrett for us this year and Cousins for next year. Use the rest of the draft to get offensive weapons and secondary help.

Next year at this time we could be entering the draft with a top 10ish QB, a top 5 RB, two bookend pass rushers, an improved secondary, upgraded offensive weapons and hopefully an upgrade over Massie. If Glennon fizzles as many expect you could probably add another top 10 pick to that list.

That's a lot depending on Cousins but if this scenario unfolded this way we could be ready to compete for the division in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, in this scenario who is the top 10 QB we enter the draft next year with..Glennon??

CNiel36

Liked Posts:
Yeah, you know more than they do, which is why you're able to decisively state as fact that none of these QBs will do anything in the NFL despite these career front office guys not knowing.

LOL

No he isn't. Clowney was near-identical (same size, same consensus #1 overall talent) three years ago. Von Miller a couple before that. Elite pass rushers come around every few seasons. More if you include guys like Mack who are a little behind but still elite.

Hell Clowney plays on a defense with the best defensive player in the game and still won't win anything because his team doesn't have a QB. Miller has a ring but played on a defense with two HoF pass rushers and all pro talent at every level. The Bears are nowhere near that even with Garrett.

Bearmick do me a favor, whatever team selects Watson please go to their board and become a fan of that team.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The best-player-available draft strategy is the one general managers swear by, but they all need a quarterback they can swear by, as well.

Or to put it more bluntly, the BPA strategy is a generic lie that GMs say publicly to maximize the uncertainty of what their plans are. Every GMs roster is unique and so are their plans. They all target specific players for specific reasons. BPA comes into play in later rounds when the talent evens out and teams are picking what's left. Any GM of a non-elite team that isn't a lock for SB contention who says they're going into round 1 with the plan of simply taking BPA is lying,

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bearmick do me a favor, whatever team selects Watson please go to their board and become a fan of that team.

Since I've been a Bears fan for longer than Watson has been a human, how about I just continue to express my own opinion like anyone else and you just deal with it.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wait, in this scenario who is the top 10 QB we enter the draft next year with..Glennon??

Cousins would be the top 10 QB. Assuming of course SF doesn't spend the #2 on Watson this year and turn around and spend $20 mil on another QB next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If QBs go 1 & 2 I think I'd be OK with who is hyped as the best player in the draft (Garrett) and waiting on a QB. Even if I was planning to take the QB who is left I'd at least consider it.

But I don't think that will happen. We will probably get the 2nd QB taken in the 2017 NFL Draft and Garrett goes #1.

If Clev passes on Garrett at #1 (which i don't think they will) then either San Fran takes Garrett or trades out of #2 with someone that will take Garrett. The Bears aren't lucky enough for a player of that caliber to drop to them.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Or to put it more bluntly, the BPA strategy is a generic lie that GMs say publicly to maximize the uncertainty of what their plans are. Every GMs roster is unique and so are their plans. They all target specific players for specific reasons. BPA comes into play in later rounds when the talent evens out and teams are picking what's left. Any GM of a non-elite team that isn't a lock for SB contention who says they're going into round 1 with the plan of simply taking BPA is lying,

I've tried explaining that. Some people want to believe whatever they're told. 10 years of BPA at your selection being the same position wouldn't work.

Needs tempered with BPA tempered with position of importance. The only way you can get out of that is if you need nothing and you either want upgrades or depth.

If you need everything it probably comes down to the order you think team building should go.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel, former Bears Exec

SF supposedly wants Watson, if Cleveland is actually dumb enough to take Trubisky at 1 then QB's could go 1,2. Would throw 1st totally off

d4d4ce7839c0fc2eb8b3ebe3086a60c4_preparing-for-finals-as-told-by-michael-scott-nooo-meme-the-office_245-245.gif

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think SF wants to trade out of #2 in a bad way and they are trying to drum up suitors. They would love nothing more than Garrett slipping to #2 because then they can really get the bids going.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My guess is 2 QBs go in the top 10.

Because it is the single most important fucking position on the field and no amount of 5 technique are going to cover up for the fact your QB sucks ass.

Ask the Jets.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Christ Eric Berry is sensational and Alex Smith isn't bad and Eric Berry can't overcome Smith checking down every throw in the playoffs.

Liked Posts:
Christ Eric Berry is sensational and Alex Smith isn't bad and Eric Berry can't overcome Smith checking down every throw in the playoffs.

Okay Windy we get it a QB is the most important position in the game, everyone knows that. What we don't know is how Pace feels about the Qbs in the draft class and if he feels one is worthy of the #3 pick. Been a lot of smoke in the air but that's all.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
San Francisco wont take QB when the QB class next year is LOADED. I think they want Sam Darnold next year, USC kid. I think they're going Fournette or DB imo

The only people who think this way are message board posters. GM's even first time ones aren't that dumb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
blah, blah, blah more smoke. GG has no insight into anything. BORING!!!

My guess is 2 QBs go in the top 10.

Because it is the single most important fucking position on the field and no amount of 5 technique are going to cover up for the fact your QB sucks ass.

Ask the Jets.
Yes, ask the team that continuously has reached for the QB position. Grossly I might add.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
If Trubinsky and Watson go 1 and 2 you either..
a) Draft Garrett and take Peterman in the 3rd
or
) Trade down and take Hooker/Adams/ Lattimore/ O.J. Howard and use the extra picks to either get additional quality players or move back into the lower first and take Kizer (or still wait for Peterman in the 3rd)

Either way.... WIN WIN for the Bears
IDGAF what no one says.