Draft Week Rumors

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel, former Bears Exec

SF supposedly wants Watson, if Cleveland is actually dumb enough to take Trubisky at 1 then QB's could go 1,2. Would throw 1st totally off

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
That would be amazing. Garrett is the absolute dream scenario. Hell, I'd trade up for him, as he is WAY better then any player in this draft.

Luke

Liked Posts:
blah, blah, blah more smoke. GG has no insight into anything. BORING!!!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If SF takes 4, even the obnoxious "told ya so" taunting I will be bombarding the Watson detractors with will not be enough to console my disappointment.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
If SF takes 4, even the obnoxious "told ya so" taunting I will be bombarding the Watson detractors with will not be enough to console my disappointment.

Even if he does go at #2....shouldn't you wait until he at least plays a couple of snaps, perhaps even a season or 2 or 3 before parading the "I told ya so's?" You speak of Watson as if he's going to be a top 10 QB no question....so until that happens, I'd save the internet chest puffing.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Trubisky and Watson one and two and the Bears get Garrett good Halas Almighty that would be wonderful. But it ain't going to happen, is it?

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Personally I hope Trubs and Watson do go 1&2 and I'm really high on Trubs.

This scenario would leave Garrett for us this year and Cousins for next year. Use the rest of the draft to get offensive weapons and secondary help.

Next year at this time we could be entering the draft with a top 10ish QB, a top 5 RB, two bookend pass rushers, an improved secondary, upgraded offensive weapons and hopefully an upgrade over Massie. If Glennon fizzles as many expect you could probably add another top 10 pick to that list.

That's a lot depending on Cousins but if this scenario unfolded this way we could be ready to compete for the division in 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Even if he does go at #2....shouldn't you wait until he at least plays a couple of snaps, perhaps even a season or 2 or 3 before parading the "I told ya so's?" You speak of Watson as if he's going to be a top 10 QB no question....so until that happens, I'd save the internet chest puffing.

I'm talking about the "this is just smoke; NFL guys know these QBs aren't worth it, we can get these QBs in the second round" brigade.

But yes, I'll probably gloat again when he's a star too.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky and Watson one and two and the Bears get Garrett good Halas Almighty that would be wonderful. But it ain't going to happen, is it?

It would be awful. They'd still be stuck in mediocrity with no QB, just the ability to play a few teams a little tighter and get draft picks further away from landing a legit QB. Myles Garrett isn't winning anyone a Superbowl. He might be a good cog in a bigger, successful unit (probably one which will be led by a real QB), but that's it. He isn't going to change the franchise.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
It would be awful. They'd still be stuck in mediocrity with no QB, just the ability to play a few teams a little tighter and get draft picks further away from landing a legit QB. Myles Garrett isn't winning anyone a Superbowl. He might be a good cog in a bigger, successful unit (probably one which will be led by a real QB), but that's it. He isn't going to change the franchise.

Not necessarily. If Garrett being added to the Bears defense makes us a top 5-10 unit, then whatever qb we have over the next 3 years,be it Glennon or someone else probably walks into a similar scenario that Russell Wilson did with Seattle. Not to take anything away from Wilson smarts and ability,but he stepped into the starting role of qb for a team with a strong running game and top notch defense. That could happen with the Bears.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If QBs go 1 & 2 I think I'd be OK with who is hyped as the best player in the draft (Garrett) and waiting on a QB. Even if I was planning to take the QB who is left I'd at least consider it.

But I don't think that will happen. We will probably get the 2nd QB taken in the 2017 NFL Draft and Garrett goes #1.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'm talking about the "this is just smoke; NFL guys know these QBs aren't worth it, we can get these QBs in the second round" brigade.

But yes, I'll probably gloat again when he's a star too.

Gloat when he's a star. That's fine. But if he busts you're going to look like a huge idiot with your non stop, daily high praise of the guy for months on end.

Who cares if he gets drafted at 2? QBs bust all the time in the top 5. Gloating over guys draft position alone is pretty stupid.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
This would make me hella mad but I always felt like Garrett-Watson would be or should be the the top two picks.

On the positive side, assuming the Browns take Garrett, we could bluff really hard to Cleveland that they need to trade with us or we will take Trubisky.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel blowing more smoke up everybody's ass. He's been out of the circle for how long now? Why would anyone tell him shit(Unless its a smokescreen)? He's been on board with there being an early run on QB's so he's on board with whatever supports his opinion.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Gloat when he's a star. That's fine. But if he busts you're going to look like a huge idiot with your non stop, daily high praise of the guy for months on end.

Who cares if he gets drafted at 2? QBs bust all the time in the top 5. Gloating over guys draft position alone is pretty stupid.

Yes. Especially when the GMs selecting 1 and 2 have no idea what they are doing. Taking any player in this draft over Garrett would be insane. Watson is an interception machine and Trubisky is a one year wonder. Garrett is a once a decade talent. I can only hope the Browns and 49ers are as clueless as some on this board are.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not necessarily. If Garrett being added to the Bears defense makes us a top 5-10 unit, then whatever qb we have over the next 3 years,be it Glennon or someone else probably walks into a similar scenario that Russell Wilson did with Seattle. Not to take anything away from Wilson smarts and ability,but he stepped into the starting role of qb for a team with a strong running game and top notch defense. That could happen with the Bears.

Wilson is a top 10 QB. It's possible to hit the 3rd round lottery and find one of these rare gems, but generally, the best QBs will be going in round 1.

He also walked onto an elite #1 defense, not a top 10 defense.

The strategy of building a super-elite defense (2015 Broncos, 2013 Seahawks, 2000 Ravens, etc) and hoping to grab a title in its small window with a mediocre QB is hardly a better way to go about it than getting a legit QB you can build around for a decade.

We saw a top 10 defense in Chicago between 2005-2012 and we didn't win shit because we didn't have the QB.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yes. Especially when the GMs selecting 1 and 2 have no idea what they are doing.

Yeah, you know more than they do, which is why you're able to decisively state as fact that none of these QBs will do anything in the NFL despite these career front office guys not knowing.

LOL

Garrett is a once a decade talent.

No he isn't. Clowney was near-identical (same size, same consensus #1 overall talent) three years ago. Von Miller a couple before that. Elite pass rushers come around every few seasons. More if you include guys like Mack who are a little behind but still elite.

Hell Clowney plays on a defense with the best defensive player in the game and still won't win anything because his team doesn't have a QB. Miller has a ring but played on a defense with two HoF pass rushers and all pro talent at every level. The Bears are nowhere near that even with Garrett.

Last edited:
Liked Posts:
San Francisco wont take QB when the QB class next year is LOADED. I think they want Sam Darnold next year, USC kid. I think they're going Fournette or DB imo