Glennon, Hoyer, Peterman, Kaaya

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think they have done the most they could this off season so far. They finally moved on fromCutler, they went out and got the only FA QB that was feasible, if they draft a Watson, or Trubisky, then are you all going to continue to whine and bitch, like little girls?

Honestly, this moaning and bitching is starting to get old.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Short-term financial "Investments" in QB's rarely payoff. It's kind of like the stock market. When you try to put all your eggs in one basket by putting a lot of coin in one "for sure" stock, you generally are disappointed with the results. When you consistently invest over the long haul (dollar-cost-averaging), your chances of maximizing your investments improve dramatically. Point being, the Bears haven't been consistent in their prioritizing the QB position over the past, say, 50 years, and we have the seen the results of that strategy. IMO they need to draft a QB in their first 3 rounds every year. Even when they get their guy, the needs to follow that system, or eventually it will catch up to them.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
"The rest of our team sucks due to lack of investing through the draft, but we have four QBs on the roster that are all on their rookie contracts and picked in the top 100." Yeah, that sounds like a plan...

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Tom Brady 15 games 2843 yards 18 TDs 12 INTs - 2001
Mike Glennon 13 games 2608 yards 19 TDs 9 INTs - 2013

Tom Brady was an odd looking fella and when he got his chance he made the best of it.

I'm not discounting MG as the best possible move they could have made.

To say that he could be the next Tom Brady is a bold prediction, but there is some merit to thinking that he could be pretty damn good.

I'm all in on Glennon this year, and I honestly can not understand why so many people have already dismissed any hope that he could be good, really good.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
"The rest of our team sucks due to lack of investing through the draft, but we have four QBs on the roster that are all on their rookie contracts and picked in the top 100." Yeah, that sounds like a plan...

I'm sorry. You're a little slow. It's okay. You still deserve a trophy.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I understand the sentiment of not wanting to wait til later rounds to get a qb, but going and saying kaaya or peterman will be a hoyer is nonsense. Same way that people guaranteeing one of the top guys will be a Rodgers. We don't know who is going to turn out. Kaaya might be great, who knows

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
It is really time for the Bears to be done with the limp dick answers to the QB question.

Can we please stop trying to fill the most important position in sports and the one you need a difference maker at to win a Super Bowl, with mediocre, cheap (cash and draft), game managers.

We did this shit for a decade with Lovie and it leads nowhere. A historic defense made 1 Super Bowl and had no chance of winning because their fucking limited game manager QB threw the game away.
Similiar to something I said in an other thread.... but who were actually good QBs we had during Lovie's years? Since when have we actually had a 'good' QB? The Bears have paraded chump after disappointing chump.... year after year... at QB: names like Orton, Grossman, Walsh, McCown, McNown, Stewart, Huchinson, Griese, Mathews.... with a couple of solid seasons tossed in while the team was other wise bad from Kramer and Miller................. When has the team even had a good or at least solid QB? Sure a couple guys were once pretty decent... but not with the Bears.

The closest QB to solid the Bears have had in years was Cutler... but he had too many negatives to be considered solid.
Before him.... who.....?

We've getten to 8-8 with BAD QBs.... not good or solid.... but BAD.

If the team could at the minimum get a good or at least solid QB it gives the team a chance esp if the Defense is dominating.

I understand wanting to shoot for the stars with a QB... what team wouldn't want an 'elite' QB... but in doing so don't be blind to other good QBs the team could possibly have.

The top tier guys this year all have major flaws in thier game which marks them for Boom or Bust. Not one of them are elite prospects.

A second tier guy like Peterman, while lacking some of what separates the top guys from the rest, actually has some of the qualities they lack which if they had would make them elite prospects.... proven ability in a complicated pro style offense... making audibles... operating from a huddle.. making good reads.. playing under center..... he's not the most athletic nor does he have a monster arm....... but he has a better chance to be a good QB with less of a chance to flop.

Trubinski, Watson, etc.... they may have a better upside.... but they are also more likely to bust.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Tom Brady 15 games 2843 yards 18 TDs 12 INTs - 2001
Mike Glennon 13 games 2608 yards 19 TDs 9 INTs - 2013

Tom Brady was an odd looking fella and when he got his chance he made the best of it.

I'm not discounting MG as the best possible move they could have made.

To say that he could be the next Tom Brady is a bold prediction, but there is some merit to thinking that he could be pretty damn good.

I'm all in on Glennon this year, and I honestly can not understand why so many people have already dismissed any hope that he could be good, really good.

I think he's going to be pretty damned solid this season. Perhaps better...but he's going to have to earn it if he wants to stick. When's the last time the Bears have been able to say that about their starting QB?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah the repeated harping on what they had done definitely made me think you were talking about what they had done.
My mistake.

My poor writing.

I just cannot understand how people think adding a 3rd or 4th round pick at QB is the neccassery investment to get the position right.

I also struggle with the people who somehow think singing a 15 million dollar shot in the dark should preclude the Bears from also using a high pick at the position.

I actually give Angelo a ton of credit for taking swings.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Similiar to something I said in an other thread.... but who were actually good QBs we had during Lovie's years? Since when have we actually had a 'good' QB? The Bears have paraded chump after disappointing chump.... year after year... at QB: names like Orton, Grossman, Walsh, McCown, McNown, Stewart, Huchinson, Griese, Mathews.... with a couple of solid seasons tossed in while the team was other wise bad from Kramer and Miller................. When has the team even had a good or at least solid QB? Sure a couple guys were once pretty decent... but not with the Bears.

The closest QB to solid the Bears have had in years was Cutler... but he had too many negatives to be considered solid.
Before him.... who.....?

We've getten to 8-8 with BAD QBs.... not good or solid.... but BAD.

If the team could at the minimum get a good or at least solid QB it gives the team a chance esp if the Defense is dominating.

I understand wanting to shoot for the stars with a QB... what team wouldn't want an 'elite' QB... but in doing so don't be blind to other good QBs the team could possibly have.

The top tier guys this year all have major flaws in thier game which marks them for Boom or Bust. Not one of them are elite prospects.

A second tier guy like Peterman, while lacking some of what separates the top guys from the rest, actually has some of the qualities they lack which if they had would make them elite prospects.... proven ability in a complicated pro style offense... making audibles... operating from a huddle.. making good reads.. playing under center..... he's not the most athletic nor does he have a monster arm....... but he has a better chance to be a good QB with less of a chance to flop.

Trubinski, Watson, etc.... they may have a better upside.... but they are also more likely to bust.

Upgrading from bad to mediocre, and lots not kid ourselves Cutler was not bad, doesn't actually make the Bears relevant. It only makes them a little easier to watch.

Watson and Trubisky are less likely to bust, the numbers bear that out, but they will cost you more if they do. Nothing ventured nothing gained.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think he's going to be pretty damned solid this season. Perhaps better...but he's going to have to earn it if he wants to stick. When's the last time the Bears have been able to say that about their starting QB?

I think at best Glennon is going to give us a Cutler level of production. Maybe fewer crippling turnovers.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
It is really time for the Bears to be done with the limp dick answers to the QB question.

Can we please stop trying to fill the most important position in sports and the one you need a difference maker at to win a Super Bowl, with mediocre, cheap (cash and draft), game managers.

We did this shit for a decade with Lovie and it leads nowhere. A historic defense made 1 Super Bowl and had no chance of winning because their fucking limited game manager QB threw the game away.

This is the first time in 8 years that we've signed another QB to be our starter and we're all pretty sure he's just a stop gap so at most we'll wait one more year if we don't get a QB in this draft.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
My poor writing.

I just cannot understand how people think adding a 3rd or 4th round pick at QB is the neccassery investment to get the position right.

I also struggle with the people who somehow think singing a 15 million dollar shot in the dark should preclude the Bears from also using a high pick at the position.

I actually give Angelo a ton of credit for taking swings

Great....and he struck out and was a terrible drafter. Fuck swings....be smart and have it yield results. Anyone can swing. You shouldn't get credit for swinging and missing.

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
This is the first time in 8 years that we've signed another QB to be our starter and we're all pretty sure he's just a stop gap so at most we'll wait one more year if we don't get a QB in this draft.

I still don't understand how a new GM chooses to NOT draft any QBs his first 2 drafts?
Sure, i understand that Glennon is Pace's choice now.

I suppose if we Pass on Trubisky, then Pace will draft a QB in round 2.
No way he waits until Round 3 for Kayaa or some other scrub/backup.

Derek Carr was drafted in Round 2 and looked how awesome he is, so gems can be found in round 2, but its riskier after that.

For the long-term success, I hope we get Trubisky at 3.
But for short-term success, I would be fine with Thomas or Adams.
But I would prefer a QB instead of a Safety - BPA is stupid and rubbish - gotta find a QB to win games.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I think at best Glennon is going to give us a Cutler level of production. Maybe fewer crippling turnovers.

Cutler level of production with fewer turnovers sounds pretty good for Glennon. I think he'll also do the little things Cutler struggled with like making the smart play, taking what the defense gives him, and delivering the ball more in stride to his receivers. Ball placement can be the difference between a 5 yard gain and a 20 yard gain. If Glennon gave us that type of season, not sure how anyone could complain. His first priority will be to protect the ball and limit turnovers. If he does that, the Bears are already in infinitely better shape than last season.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Great....and he struck out and was a terrible drafter. Fuck swings....be smart and have it yield results. Anyone can swing. You shouldn't get credit for swinging and missing.

Unfortunately Angelo struck out with jay. Also Angelo never brought in anybody who could eventually step in 4 jay

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I still don't understand how a new GM chooses to NOT draft any QBs his first 2 drafts?
Sure, i understand that Glennon is Pace's choice now.

I suppose if we Pass on Trubisky, then Pace will draft a QB in round 2.
No way he waits until Round 3 for Kayaa or some other scrub/backup.

Derek Carr was drafted in Round 2 and looked how awesome he is, so gems can be found in round 2, but its riskier after that.

For the long-term success, I hope we get Trubisky at 3.
But for short-term success, I would be fine with Thomas or Adams.
But I would prefer a QB instead of a Safety - BPA is stupid and rubbish - gotta find a QB to win games.

I think it's pretty easy to understand why he hasn't and think there's a few reason with one being he most likely wanted to get the rebuild going and build the rest of the team so he's not drafting a QB only to throw him on a team without enough talent around him which would most likely just kill the kids confidence and next thing you know we're looking to draft another QB high. I also think there just wasn't a QB sitting there when we were on the clock that he liked enough and if you look at any of the QB's we've had a chance to draft over the last two years just one (Prescott) looks like a starting QB in the NFL. I'm sure Pace had more reason that nobody on here would ever know about. I think it's funny that people are still talking about the last two drafts and how Pace didn't draft a QB in either.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I think it's pretty easy to understand why he hasn't and think there's a few reason with one being he most likely wanted to get the rebuild going and build the rest of the team so he's not drafting a QB only to throw him on a team without enough talent around him which would most likely just kill the kids confidence and next thing you know we're looking to draft another QB high. I also think there just wasn't a QB sitting there when we were on the clock that he liked enough and if you look at any of the QB's we've had a chance to draft over the last two years just one (Prescott) looks like a starting QB in the NFL. I'm sure Pace had more reason that nobody on here would ever know about.

I think it's funny that people are still talking about the last two drafts and how Pace didn't draft a QB in either.

why? Did we not need one?