Should there be a QB competition?

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Pace came right out and said said Glennon is the starter but what if Trubs lights it up in camp and preseason? If he outplay's Glennon and they sit him for the year would you be pissed? I clearly think Trubs should start if he outplay's Mike.

I would feel a little sorry for Mike being that he would be benched for a drat pick the second straight time,but I want to win now.....right fucking now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they believe Trubisky can handle an NFL playbook and workload he will go in....

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I think it would take Trubisky blowing Glennon out of the water in camp for him to get the starting gig.

If they perform similar, they will play Glennon.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I think it would take Trubisky blowing Glennon out of the water in camp for him to get the starting gig.

If they perform similar, they will play Glennon.

Probably the wise move there, Dont want to just throw Trubisky to the wolves, let him learn the game from the bench for a while even if he looks good in practice. Get him in the habit of doing everything right before he sees the field, and shield him from getting destroyed during our difficult start of season.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
If they believe Trubisky can handle an NFL playbook and workload he will go in....

That is exactly what will happen but by saying Glennon is the starting QB. Pace is able to take the pressure of expectation off of his first rnd pick this year.

Rise

Liked Posts:
This team isn't near ready let Glennon play this year and get slaughtered. If he succeeds with this roster and that schedule we have great options going forward.

Honestly hope MT gets to sit the whole year but he won't. As soon as we are 2-6 at the bye he will start.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
I just don't want another Jordan Howard incident happening,where the better player sits.That still pisses me off because he would have led the league in yards and more than likely won ROTY.

Fuck that mongoloid looking MF'er Elliot

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I mean, if he's ready, he should play. No matter what they say publicly, Glennon is just a placeholder until that time. Glennon allows them to be patient, though.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let's see if the kid can lean a hard count before we worry about him beating out Glennon.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I just don't want another Jordan Howard incident happening,where the better player sits.That still pisses me off because he would have led the league in yards and more than likely won ROTY.

Fuck that mongoloid looking MF'er Elliot

Honestly, I'd just as soon him not have had the wear and tear during a lost season.

WCL

Organ Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm usually in favor of letting a guy sit for a year and learn the game, but it kinda worries me with Trubisky. This is a guy who's only started 13 games in the past four years. I haven't seen anyone bring it up, but I wonder if it would actually be detrimental to have him sit for a whole year after seeing so little game time in college.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Always. That's probably what Limited cutlers development. Lack of any real competition to push him.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I definitely want competition. If one guy smokes the other I don't care if the If one never plays a down.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Pace came right out and said said Glennon is the starter but what if Trubs lights it up in camp and preseason? If he outplay's Glennon and they sit him for the year would you be pissed? I clearly think Trubs should start if he outplay's Mike.

I would feel a little sorry for Mike being that he would be benched for a drat pick the second straight time,but I want to win now.....right fucking now

Yeah.....I started a thread about this to.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/...ow-do-u-guys-feel-about-a-Qb-being?highlight=

I was for letting trub sit...but if he's better than mg....he should play now. If trubs beats him out good.
For to long.... we've let Qb's go unchallenged and it was bad for the team. Hell that why jay never gave a f-ck about winning, leadership or IMPROVING AS QB.

Therefore jay was like " if I don't perform well, whatta' ya gonna do....LOL"

------

I'll bet if Watson were here he'd pull a Wilson vs Flynn on mg and take the job...so lets see what trubs can do

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
No way, I think Matt Flynn should start because Russell Wilson needs a year to hold a clipboard and learn n shit.

Wait, what?

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Pace shouldn't have come out and said that,he should have said that this is a competition driven league and the best players will play on Sunday.To call Glennon and stroke his nuts saying oh don't worry the job is yours is fucking stupid.