Fixing the 2017 Draft

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
lol

it has been done after day 2 of the draft I think

Oh my bad.. but you can't blame me b/c I tried getting on this site during the draft, but it wouldn't let me on b/c it was overloaded :mad:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'll never forget "Brad Kaaya is the next Peyton Manning". This board is gold in the offseason. I remember thinking if Pace ignores the QB position and drafts Peterman he deserves to be fired...sure enough the Bills GM is fired a day after drafting Peterman.

We had people that had us drafting C.Phillips in the 2nd round in some mocks and he went undrafted.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
We trade all of our picks next year to draft Darnold and trade Trubisky for some rice crackers.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
This is what cracks me up. None of us have any idea really and yet we're calling out a QB evaluation that was probably the most exhaustive this club has undertaken.*

That said, fair play to NorCal and Big Tyme D for sticking to their Peterman guns when 32 GMs have starkly disagreed with their evaluation of the player, to the tune of 100+ picks.

But yeah Trubisky was definitely a reach lol.

*Admittedly not saying much!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace is clearly not qualified or of sound mind (CTE from playing days?) to run an NFL franchise. I've taken the liberty of correcting the numerous errors that were made during those fateful days.

Official Bears Redraft:

#3 - Jamal Adams, S, LSU

#36 - Quincy Wilson, CB, Florida

#67 - Chris Wormley, DE, Michigan

#111 - Josh Reynolds, WR, Texas A&M

#117 - Julie'n Davenport, OT, Bucknell

#147 - Nathan Peterman, QB, Pittsburgh

#221 - Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State

Now that's a draft you can hang your hat on. This also proves anyone, regardless of experience, can produce a better draft than Ryan Pace. The Bears would've been better off on auto-draft with a computer selecting from a big board. Hopefully, the Bears are willing to admit their mistakes and attempt to trade for the above players. Notice how none are blatant reaches? Small school projects? Extensive injury cases? Drafting is easy when you're not trying to be cute or prove you're the smartest guy in the room. Now I'm going to enjoy this beautiful day and drink a smooth and refreshing Diet Fresca.

Peace and love!

Run the ball
Play defense
Go 8-8 till I die

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Take a worthy QB in 2018

If they all hold up with more scrutiny
If they declare
If they stay healthy
If you are bad enough to pick high
If no one else is worse than you
If you can find someone to trade with you

I think it would be very realistic to go into next season expecting to land one of the top 2 QBs in the draft.

Your draft listed would have to be a miserable failure for the Bears to go 3-13 again so they could pick a 2018 QB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Josh Allen at 2? That's bold.

Yes i was surprised with that as well but there are a lot of experts that really like J.Allen. Even before we knew which QB's were gonna declare for this draft i saw people mentioning J.Allen.

Thank god they have the bears taking safety op can now sleep better at night

Yes and it's my FSU boy Derwin James who's an absolute beast.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace had a potentially great draft. The reason being is that he may have just drafted the Bears a franchise QB. Everything afterwards is a bonus but I wouldn't be surprised to see Shaheen turn into something special. If the Bears get 2 or 3 interceptions a season out of Eddie Jackson it may well be a home run draft.

Pace continues to impress me. He is the best thing to have happened to the Bears franchise in years.

napo55

Liked Posts:
I think this is a great mock draft. Why shoot for the stars, when, with a little luck, you just might achieve mediocrity?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does Lovie Smith come with that draft?

Let's go back in time and build a defense in a QB driven league.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think this is a great mock draft. Why shoot for the stars, when, with a little luck, you just might achieve mediocrity?

Perfectly said.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So people do not feel like they have wasted their time

1(8) CB Minkah. Fitzpatrick (Alabama)
2(40) OT Trey Arams (Washington)
4. WR
4. OLB
5. DE
6. ILB
7. CB

AussieBear

here i fixed it for you...

they do not trade up for trubisky, cause they didnt have to trade up to begin with.....nor do they trade back up for eddie jackson at pick 112, bcecasue they still have pick 111 without the trubisky trade.

the bears do still trade down with ari - pick 36 for 45, 119, 197 and 18 4th.

So what could the bears have got wiff those extra pickss something like dis

3 Mitch Trubisky
45 Adam Shaheen
67 Tim Williams (OLB)
111 Eddie Jackson
117 Josh Reynolds (WR)
119 Tarik Cohen
147 Jordan Morgan
197 Brad Kaaya (QB)
221 Stevie Tu'ikolovatu (NT)

so you baysucklly traded ... tim williams, josh reynolds, brad kaaya, stevie tookie and a 18th 3rd rder for mitch... for no reason.. when ya could of had mitch and kept the rest...