GarPax Press Conference

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just going by what's been tweeted, how anyone can have faith in this organization going forward is beyond me.

No kidding. Can you imagine a highly rated free agent wanting to come to Chicago? How about a good head coach? Yeah, give me some of that Gar/Pax/Reinny magic juju bees eh?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
No kidding. Can you imagine a highly rated free agent wanting to come to Chicago? How about a good head coach? Yeah, give me some of that Gar/Pax/Reinny magic juju bees eh?

Hard to say, as much as I appreciate a head coach, recent history has proven that rookies or nobodies like Spoelstra, Lue, Kerr can find the right tone with their players. It does not hurt that everyone and their brother wants to sign with Lebron to get a ring. The bigger part of that is the organization. Cleveland and Miami's owners make it known they will get the team there. When the bulls were courting Lebron and Wade, they did not think Rose was the 3rd they needed and Reinsdork said he will not go over the cap to get the talent, where Cleveland and Miami had no problem doing that.

Dont get me wrong, I hate the buying a title deal, would rather be home grown, but the past decade had been home groan.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
They decided a year ago to get younger. Makes sense then that they signed Wade and Rondo.

They need to get better shooting, but it'll be tough to find that with their draft position. If only there was a trade offer made to get a high draft pick.

They didn't do a good job at getting players to work within Fred's offense, yet Gar is still going to be doing the day to day.

They did get younger. Do you expect them to get younger and compete for a championship in one year? LOL. EVERY team mixes youth and veterans. Wade and Rondo were stopgaps to remain competitive, as I've stated. Rondo looked pretty darn good in the playoffs until he was injured.

They are younger than Minny/Sacramento who have epitomized the tank that y'all covet. The Bulls are doing no worse than 90% of the teams in the NBA. Shame on you for hating the Bulls because the NBA has no parity.

"Don't hate the playa, hate the game"!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They did get younger. Do you expect them to get younger and compete for a championship in one year? LOL. EVERY team mixes youth and veterans. Wade and Rondo were stopgaps to remain competitive, as I've stated. Rondo looked pretty darn good in the playoffs until he was injured.

They are younger than Minny/Sacramento who have epitomized the tank that y'all covet. The Bulls are doing no worse than 90% of the teams in the NBA. Shame on you for hating the Bulls because the NBA has no parity.

"Don't hate the playa, hate the game"!

KAT alone is better than any Bulls player. WTF

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I think Gar and Pax...especially Gar doesn't trust his own ability to draft players. They can talk rebuild all they want. Gar isn't capable of rebuilding. I've given up on these dudes. I was all in on Gar and Pax, mainly because I trust Pax. Now, I think this team is going to continue to tread water and spend hoping that they make the right acquisitions. By the way, the star guy that scouted a lot of their successful draft picks is gone...they've drafted poorly since he left. Gar is garbage when it comes to drafting...

http://www.blogabull.com/2015/5/18/8610703/why-the-bulls-no-longer-draft-successfully-the-loss-of-matt-lloyd-and

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I think Gar and Pax...especially Gar doesn't trust his own ability to draft players. They can talk rebuild all they want. Gar isn't capable of rebuilding. I've given up on these dudes. I was all in on Gar and Pax, mainly because I trust Pax. Now, I think this team is going to continue to tread water and spend hoping that they make the right acquisitions. By the way, the star guy that scouted a lot of their successful draft picks is gone...they've drafted poorly since he left. Gar is garbage when it comes to drafting...

http://www.blogabull.com/2015/5/18/8610703/why-the-bulls-no-longer-draft-successfully-the-loss-of-matt-lloyd-and

Don't tell that to Bear Pride. He thinks Gar can draft.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Most speculation on what the Bulls could do centers on the draft and free agency.

There was a link to an interview Should the Raptors blow up their roster?

https://sports.yahoo.com/video/two-man-game-raptors-blow-212641518.html?src=rss

If the Raptors or any other team decides they don't have enough to get to where they want to be, that opens the door to more possibilities for the Bulls. They don't have many trading pieces but if other teams want to drop a salary here and there there's the chance the Bulls could be in the picture.

I honestly don't see any scenario where Wade doesn't opt in, nobody gives up that much money, but if he doesn't a lot more avenues open up.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Bulls fell off in terms of drafting because they have tried to step out of their wheelhouse of hard nose defensive types to go for offensive players and suck at it. What good offensive players have they drafted? Ben Gordon? Derrick Rose? Jimmy far surpassed what was expected of him on offense so they got lucky with that one.

I think we gave them too much credit for their drafting ability.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
But hey, Jerry got 3 playoff home games.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is there a video from that press conference up somewhere?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Bulls fell off in terms of drafting because they have tried to step out of their wheelhouse of hard nose defensive types to go for offensive players and suck at it. What good offensive players have they drafted? Ben Gordon? Derrick Rose? Jimmy far surpassed what was expected of him on offense so they got lucky with that one.

I think we gave them too much credit for their drafting ability.

yeah, a front office can get too much credit for one win. I remember them wanting Wade but getting stuck with Hinrich and supposedly contemplating Beasley over Rose. Look at who Pax pined for, McDermott. Followed him since high school, traded picks to move up to get him, no defense. They were happy about Valentine this year, no defense. They stashed Nicola in Europe for so long to protect him, gets here, no defense. They had a butler type defender in snell that neither coach decided to play, then flipped him for MCW. They drafted Felicio when he probably could have been signed as an UDFA since he had no basketball structure. They got Zipster who was a decent pickup if he just squares up and shoots, but his game mimics Mirotic, Dunleavy, McDermott, and even Bobby. This point guard fiasco was unbelievable this year. I understand you dont want to replace Rose with a young guy, but Grant moves faster than he can dribble, MCW shoots when he should pass, we dont know what Payne is, we just know they pined over him as well. Rondo shows up in summer league and the playoffs.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The Facebook page just has a link to a Sam Smith article about it. No video.

Johnnyt237

Liked Posts:
So Frank Jackson from Duke is the pick. We're picking in the the bottom half of the top 20. We need to upgrade PG play and Frank's a guy who can play the 1 or 2. Watching the draft combine right now.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
It amazes me how we are having that big of a hole at the backup PG spot after all of those years with Quality Players.

Hinrich, Watson, Augustine, Robinson, Lucas have all been on a higher Level than Grant, Canaan, MCW, etc.

Maybe it´s because they were veterans and we now only have young guns, maybe it´s because of Thibs.

Maybe it´s bith ... :shrug:

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
maybe it´s because of Thibs.

Thibs made average players better.

But I disagree with the need for a PG from the draft. I think we need a center from the draft. The league is saturated with good PGs and project players at the PG position. Lopez had a healthier year than average for a starting center, and he's an average player. Lopez gets hurt, the team has no chance without a quality backup. Whereas a PG gets hurt, spot starters are found cheap. It's a swing of the pendulum from one trend to another, and the Bulls can't afford to follow the dying trend on draft day. NOT at pick 16.

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Thibs made average players better.

But I disagree with the need for a PG from the draft. I think we need a center from the draft. The league is saturated with good PGs and project players at the PG position. Lopez had a healthier year than average for a starting center, and he's an average player. Lopez gets hurt, the team has no chance without a quality backup. Whereas a PG gets hurt, spot starters are found cheap. It's a swing of the pendulum from one trend to another, and the Bulls can't afford to follow the dying trend on draft day. NOT at pick 16.

I dont know which team you were watching this year, but we went thru 6 point guards and had to wait for the playoffs to get the Rondo the team needed to force Butler and Wade to play the same offense the other guys on the floor were playing, not just isolation. I would take Snell back for Valentine right now, Lavergne, MCW, Grant, Mirotic, should not be here next year either. There is really no excuse all these point guards showed no improvement all year.

The sooner Hoiberg is gone the sooner this team will start playing more consistent.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It amazes me how we are having that big of a hole at the backup PG spot after all of those years with Quality Players.

Hinrich, Watson, Augustine, Robinson, Lucas have all been on a higher Level than Grant, Canaan, MCW, etc.

Maybe it´s because they were veterans and we now only have young guns, maybe it´s because of Thibs.

Maybe it´s bith ... :shrug:

I thought it was pretty funny when Nate Robinson was on twitter telling the bulls he was ready.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I dont know which team you were watching this year, but we went thru 6 point guards and had to wait for the playoffs to get the Rondo the team needed to force Butler and Wade to play the same offense the other guys on the floor were playing, not just isolation. I would take Snell back for Valentine right now, Lavergne, MCW, Grant, Mirotic, should not be here next year either. There is really no excuse all these point guards showed no improvement all year.

The sooner Hoiberg is gone the sooner this team will start playing more consistent.

We have a bad coach, and the PG is an extension of the coach. Good PGs look bad with a bad coach. Let alone the guys GarPax picked up off the D-League salvage list.

When a team is broken at any point, including the front office, players aren't motivated. The Bulls would be flat out brain damaged to draft a PG in the 1st with all things considered (bad coach, log jam, deep PG list in FA, young draft class that require more development from said bad coach).