Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If you really look at Trubisky, he has pretty good mechanics, sees the field and goes through progressions. I'm pretty sure SF knew who the Bears were targeting, regardless of what Lynch says.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I keep saying it but it's true. Pace knew how bad Cleveland wanted Trub. If they promised the Big Boss they were going to get him I'm sure they would have done everything to trade to number 2. I just think they felt their only threat was the Jets, which is why they had a deal in place with the Titans at #5. They assumed like everyone the Bears would take Adams and Jacksonville Fournette.

As has been stated, I think Pace had the Browns for the #3 pick while going behind their back to move up to 2. Niners didn't want to move down all the way to 11 even though the Browns package probably included a future 1st rounder.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, this report changed the way I look at it. Pace might not have had to trade up to #2, but it's becoming clear that he really did fool Cleveland into thinking Trubisky would be available at #5. Pace deserves a lot of respect for this.

Chinese

Liked Posts:
Well, this report changed the way I look at it. Pace might not have had to trade up to #2, but it's becoming clear that he really did fool Cleveland into thinking Trubisky would be available at #5. Pace deserves a lot of respect for this.
After the Bears made that trade nobody was calling in for trades until the 10the pick..picks 4 and 5 were getting calls for trades then the genius moment we traded and picked Trubs - the calls instantly stop coming. Hope it works out for us but this draft was entertaining.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After the Bears made that trade nobody was calling in for trades until the 10the pick..picks 4 and 5 were getting calls for trades then the genius moment we traded and picked Trubs - the calls instantly stop coming. Hope it works out for us but this draft was entertaining.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Hopefully this draft haunts the Cleveland franchise.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hopefully this draft haunts the Cleveland franchise.

Talk about snakebitten. They should have taken Wentz last year. I guess I have a soft heart and feel sorry for Cleveland fans ever since the move, but they have to get a head on their shoulders, much like us. At least they got Garrett.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

but he wasn't confident enough to actually play out the bluff. He folded his hand and traded away picks.

If the Browns are talking to us at 3? then we already got them. Why would they pay for 2 when they can have 3?

Why would we pay at 2, what we could have at 3?

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
but he wasn't confident enough to actually play out the bluff. He folded his hand and traded away picks.

If the Browns are talking to us at 3? then we already got them. Why would they pay for 2 when they can have 3?

Pace might have gotten paranoid at the end there, but he did keep Cleveland from bidding against him. Furthermore, he bluffed Cleveland from selecting Trubisky at #1.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

The point is that SF more than likely had a serious offer from Cleveland to get Trubisky and Pace said screw this. We won't know about Trubisky for a while, but I admire his aggressiveness as much as I lament the lost picks. These guys can't be very transparent, but apparently we have a pretty good relationship with SF.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
49ers were going to draft Reuben Foster if the Bears drafted Solomon Thomas.

So if you're the 49ers you can get both players you want.

For all the praise they get now for drafting those two, I believe Thomas will be far from the star they expect, and Foster will have trouble following him wherever he goes.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When did the Browns owner become someone whose opinion we valued? They are one of the few franchises shittier than we are.

Sorry I'll take Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer and the 1st round and other draft picks they got from Houston over Garret, Trubisky and likely losing a 2nd this year and a 1st next year. They legitimately could have gotten 4 starters in the first two rounds and will have 2 first round picks again next year and 3 second round picks. That's ridiculous.

So if the Browns are stupid then it's the good kind of stupid as they are in much better shape for not making the trade up for Trubiksy and making the Houston trade.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

We could have done nothing and ended up like Cleveland, pissed off. We traded for two because at some point Cleveland would have realized a deal with us wasn't getting done and would have just tried with San Fran. Jacksonville wasn't interested in a trade back so that left SF.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
When did the Browns owner become someone whose opinion we valued? They are one of the few franchises shittier than we are.

Sorry I'll take Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer and the 1st round and other drsft picks they got from Houston over Garret, Trubisky and likely losing a 2nd this year and a 1st next year.

So if the Browns are stupid then it's the good kind of stupid as they are in much better shape for not making the trade up for Trubiksy and making the Houston trade.

If Trubs reaches his potential he would be worth ten times the value of those other guys.

napo55

Liked Posts:
For all the praise they get now for drafting those two, I believe Thomas will be far from the star they expect, and Foster will have trouble following him wherever he goes.

Thomas is a somewhat undersized DL who would have brought marginal improvement to the Bears. Trubisky, like any rookie QB, is a gamble, but if he is a success, it will be a slam dunk win for the Bears. I say kudos to the Bears for having the huevos to go for it!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Trubs reaches his potential he would be worth ten times the value of those other guys.

Lol and if Kizer reaches his potential or they use all those picks next year to trade for Darnold then Kizer/Darnold along Garrett, Peppers, Njoku would be worth 20 times Trubiksy.

So all you are doing is cherry picking by suggesting only Trubiksy succeeds as if Kizer couldn't possibly succeed as well. All I know is Cleveland has more chances to get good players having not made the trade.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers

You all act with the assumption that Pace is the only GM capable of subterfuge and that he knows every teams intentions. Maybe he was just doing his best to suppress interest, ergo cost to trade, while also trying to secure against a surprise, so as not to be the guy they are talking about this week as to being duped.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Sorry I'll take Garrett, Peppers, Njoku, Kizer and the 1st round and other draft picks they got from Houston over Garret, Trubisky and likely losing a 2nd this year and a 1st next year. They legitimately could have gotten 4 starters in the first two rounds and will have 2 first round picks again next year and 3 second round picks. That's ridiculous.

Well, I personally would love to have the Browns draft. But that's because i thought Kizer was the best of all the QB's. But you gotta give Pace credit for getting his guy with two teams ahead of him.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Well, I personally would love to have the Browns draft. But that's because i thought Kizer was the best of all the QB's. But you gotta give Pace credit for getting his guy with two teams ahead of him.

Not talking about Pace as plenty of threads for that. Talking about the Browns and the Browns draft was ridiculously good for what is a rebuilding team. Getting Kizer in the second is great value especially when you look at the trades the other teams had to make. Not to mention they have 2 1st and 3 2nds next year. You can't really ask for anything more as a rebuilding team.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not taking about Pace as plenty of threads for that. Talking about the Browns and the Browns drsft was ridiculously good for what is a rebuilding team. Getting Kizer in the second is great value especially when you look at the trades the other teams had to make. Not to mention they have 2 1st and 3 2nds next year. You can't really ask for anything more as a rebuilding team.

Well yeah, their first four picks were Myles Garrett, Jabrill Peppers, David Njoku, and Deshone Kizer. Plus one of those picks was a trade down where they got an additional 2018 1st round pick.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't even know where to begin with Kizer's negatives. He's not going to get away with locking on and lousy accuracy in the NFL. I'll be rooting for him, but I wouldn't have drafted him before the third round.