1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What people?
These are just from the first page.....
The Bears fleeced Cleveland.

There's a lot more to the story...

And you all know what I think of Pace's moves these last few years. Some of the dumbest rookie GM mistakes I've ever witnessed.

But if anyone (*cough* Remy *cough*) doesn't understand that not only did Pace put one over on the 49ers, but also completely fucked what the Browns were trying to do, you don't have a fucking clue.

Its been reported that pace was on the phone with the browns to trade down,and at the EXACT same time courting the 49ers for the second pick to draft Trubs.

Its pure fucking genius..

Pace,GOAT

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The best thing is we're are using the fact the Browns owner wanted Trubisky as evidence of how awesome Trubisky is. Like if I am driving cross country and need to find the best travel centers to pick up some Doritos and a Snickers then Jimmy Haslam is my guy. If I want to draft a QB, nothing he says holds much weight.
Easy tiger....I like the move, don't care so much for the reaction that we've somehow bested two of the more inept franchises in sports over the past 5 years.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Easy tiger....I like the move, don't care so much for the reaction that we've somehow bested two of the more inept franchises in sports over the past 5 years.

I don't have a problem with the move either. Just don't really care about Haslam's view of QBs so the fact he was upset is pretty irrelevant to anything related to the Bears.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I don't have a problem with the move either. Just don't really care about Haslam's view of QBs so the fact he was upset is pretty irrelevant to anything related to the Bears.

I don't care about it that way. Him being upset that much is just confirmation that the Browns were trying to do everything to get Trubisky. If it was leaked somehow that we liked Trubisky, they probably would have taken him 1 overall.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't care about it that way. Him being upset that much is just confirmation that the Browns were trying to do everything to get Trubisky. If it was leaked somehow that we liked Trubisky, they probably would have taken him 1 overall.

Except it isn't because obviously they didn't try hard enough. All the article confirms is that Haslam wanted him if you believe Jim Miller's sources. There is no evidence that Brown or Jackson really wanted him or whether they just feigned interest to appease their overzealous owner.

It would be like saying if McCaskey likes Watson, it must mean Pace and Fix did.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Except it isn't because obviously they didn't try hard enough. All the article confirms is that Haslam wanted him. There is no evidence that Brown or Jackson really wanted him or whether they just feigned interest to appease their overzealous owner.

He was "promised" Trubisky.

Browns made all those phone calls looking to trade up to make it seem that they were trying to get him just to get the hopes up of the owner? I am not going to buy that conspiracy theory.

Sounds to me like you are choosing which reports you want to believe.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I agree. And nothing matters other than Trubisky becoming a good quarterback. If he does, all is wonderful. If he is bad, then Pace loses his job and the BEars continue to suck for awhile longer.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was "promised" Trubisky.

Browns made all those phone calls looking to trade up to make it seem that they were trying to get him just to get the hopes up of the owner? I am not going to buy that conspiracy theory.

Sounds to me like you are choosing which reports you want to believe.

When has Jim Miller been known to have insight into the Browns? The idea that Miller has some insight that guys like Schefter dont have is odd to begin with.

But even if we accept Miller's source, your claim that they did everything is simply false. You have no idea of the comp offered so unless you are saying they offered 2 first round picks in addition to 12 and the Niners turned it down then they didn't do everything.

Like you can't claim Pace fooled them and that they Did everything. That's absurd. If their jobs were on the line then they wouldn't have given a shit what the Bears said, they would have traded with the Niners and given them what they wanted. They obviously didnt do that if the Bears mild offer beat them out.

Peter King reported a team was offering an avanlache for Garrett if he fell to 2. That would be doing everything. Obviously the Browns never offered the Niners an avalanche.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
When has Jim Miller been known to have insight into the Browns? The idea that Miller has some insight that guys like Schefter doesn't have is odd to begin with.

But even if we accept Miller's source, your claim that they did everything is simply false. You have no idea of the comp offered so unless you are saying they offered 2 first round picks and the Niners turned it down then they didn't everything.

When I say "everything" I mean everything that they thought was required to secure him. Obviously, they were wrong.

If you don't want to believe that Jim Miller knows what he is talking about, that's one thing. For me, it just confirms the reports and rumors from before the draft that the Browns were all in on Trubisky. To each his own.

But I don't buy the conspiracy theory for several reasons.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
When I say "everything" I mean everything that they thought was required to secure him. Obviously, they were wrong.

If you don't want to believe that Jim Miller knows what he is talking about, that's one thing. For me, it just confirms the reports and rumors from before the draft that the Browns were all in on Trubisky. To each his own.

But I don't buy the conspiracy theory for several reasons.

If they were all in they would have taken him at 1. What this report suggests is that they were not all in. Haslam really wanted him and it's possible Brown and Jackson talked Haslam out of taking Trubiksy at 1. It was reported long ago that the Browns had one player graded significantly above every other prospect and we all know that was Garrett.

Again your argument would be like saying if Virginia said she loved Watson, it must mean Pace and Fox do too. That's obviously illogical. We don't really know how much in love Jackson or Brown were because even the article in the OP talks about how Jackson said Mahomes had the most talent of all the QBs in the draft.

So it's not a conspiracy theory as you have no support for how Jackson or Brown felt. All these alleged reports of the Browns being in love with Trubiksy could just be that the owner was in love with him not the actual talent evaluators.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If they were all in they would have taken him at 1. What this report suggests is that they were not all in. Haslam really wanted him and it's possible Brown and Jackson talked Haslam out of taking Trubiksy at 1. It was reported long ago that the Browns had one player graded significantly above every other prospect and we all know that was Garrett.

Again your argument would be like saying if Virginia said she loved Watson, it must mean Pace and Fox do too. That's obviously illogical. We don't really know how much in love Jackson or Brown were because even the article in the OP talks about how Jackson said Mahomes had the most talent of all the QBs in the draft.

So it's not a conspiracy theory as you have no support for how Jackson or Brown felt. All these alleged reports of the Browns being in love with Trubiksy could just be that the owner was in love with him not the actual talent evaluators.

They got greedy and wanted both players. They knew that if Garrett was not taken at 1, they had no chance at him. If you don't believe that Garrett would be taken past 1 without offering an insane price to the 49ers at 2, then I don't know what to tell you. The obviously thought it would be much easier to get Trubisky later in a trade up.

The part that would be a conspiracy theory is the GM lying to the owner that he was going to promise Trubisky to him. That would A) damage the relationship if the owner found out and B) get the hopes up of the owner when you didn't get him. It would be much easier to be a grown adult and tell him that you were not going to most likely get Trubisky and here are the reasons why..

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
And yes, they should have taken Trubisky at 1 because he is a far more important player to hit on.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All of the above is speculation on your part. Otherwise please link the article that quotes Sashi Brown saying this.

Garrett was their No 1 rated prospect and it wasn't close. The reason you don't take Trubiksy No 1 is because part of any prospect's rating is how safe of a pick said person is.

Like you would have to be delusional to not realize that Garrett grades out as both a better player and a safer pick hence why most teams would probably have taken him over one of these QBs. If Andrew Luck was in this draft then you take him one.

And no Brown didn't lie to his owner. I'm saying Brown didn't do everything in his power to get Trubisky. He did his due diligence to try and meet his owner's demands but he was clearly willing to gamble on not getting Trubiksy hence why he was content to wait until the 5th pick to trade. No one seriously worried about getting fired for breaking a promise takes the kind of risk Brown took in not trading for the 2nd pick.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
All of the above is speculation on your part. Otherwise please link the article that quotes Sashi Brown saying this.

Garrett was their No 1 rated prospect and it wasn't close. The reason you don't take Trubiksy No 1 is because part of any prospect's rating is how safe of a pick said person is.

Like you would have to be delusional to not realize that Garrett grades out as both a better player and a safer pick hence why most teams would probably have taken him over one of these And.

If Andrew Luck was in this draft then you take him one.

Why is it so hard to believe that the Browns GM also rated Garrett number 1 overall. And then also promised Haslem that they liked Trubisky so much that they were going to do everything they could to trade up and get him? Hence the promise.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
infinite_mouth_TOO_BIG.gif

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Is it even a fact? Are there any sources for this whole thing other than Sports Mockery?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why is it so hard to believe that the Browns GM also rated Garrett number 1 overall. And then also promised Haslem that they liked Trubisky so much that they were going to do everything they could to trade up and get him? Hence the promise.

It's not hard to believe. I'm saying the story doesn't actually say that so for you to say it confirms they did everything to get him is inaccurate.

So you are passing off speculation as fact as generally confirm suggests a statement of fact but there is no statement of fact in the article that says Brown coveted Trubiksy as much as Haslam.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is it even a fact? Are there any sources for this whole thing other than Sports Mockery?

I dont know of any sources beyond Jim Miller who I have no idea how he has sources in the Browns.

So I should have said it's a fact that Miller reported it.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It's not hard to believe. I'm saying the story doesn't actually say that so for you to say it confirms they did everything to get him is inaccurate.

So you are passing off speculation as fact as generally confirm suggests a statement of fact but there is no statement of fact in the article that says Brown coveted Trubiksy as much as Haslam.

Miller's report confirms FOR ME that the Browns were trying to move up and get Trubisky in the same way that King's report confirms for you that Trubisky would have been there at 3.