Browns Owner Furious They Didn't Draft Trubisky

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Miller's report confirms FOR ME that the Browns were trying to move up and get Trubisky in the same way that King's report confirms for you that Trubisky would have been there at 3.

Except King's report doesn't confirm that for me. It makes it more likely which the term more likely recognizes there is still uncertainty. Confirm implies a degree of certainly that simply isn't there.

Furthermore, King flat out says he thinks it is more likely Trubiksy would be there at 3. So I am not speculating about what King thinks because King states what he thinks.

By contrast you are taking something said about Haslam and then arguing it tells us something about Brown's actions. In this case not only don't you have a quote from Haslam, you most certainly have no insight to what Brown thinks.

So no you and I are not doing the same thing. I have proof King said what he said because he is the author of the article. Haslam didn't write this article nor did Miller's sources claim anything about Brown.

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
Except King's report doesn't confirm that for me. It makes it more likely which the term more likely recognizes there is still uncertainty. Confirm implies a degree of certainly that simply isn't there.

Furthermore, King flat out says he thinks it is more likely Trubiksy would be there at 3. So I am not speculating about what King thinks because King states what he thinks.

By contrast you are taking something said about Haslam and then arguing it tells us something about Brown's actions. In this case not only don't you have a quote from Haslam, you most certainly have no insight to what Brown thinks.

So no you and I are not doing the same thing. I have proof King said what he said because he is the author of the article. Haslam didn't write this article nor did Miller's sources claim anything about Brown.

The Titans GM confirmed he had trade talks with teams who wanted to move up for Trubisky.
Those trades talks ended when Mitch was taken.
Mary Kay Cabot confirmed (and so did Todd McShay) that the Browns wanted to take Trubisky - McShay said
his source that he trusts (most likely someone who knows the Browns owner or the owner himself) wanted to
take Trubisky at number 1.
But Hue Jackson/Sashi wanted to take Garrett.
I think that the only reason the 49ers declined the trade was because they didn't want the Number 12 pick.

Pace successfully ran out the clock and made the deal for number 2.
But if Haslim had more time I'm certain he would have offered Lynch at least 3 1st rounders for the Ohio-born Trubisky.
Remember, Pace closed the Deal BEFORED the draft started.
If the Browns had 15 minutes, they may have agreed to the 3 1st rounders, especially if they found out Pace want Trubisky.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Pace has no way of knowing if the Browns were trying to trade up to 2 or 5. Turns out it looks like it was 5.

hqdefault.jpg

"3rd round picks? Losers whine about 3rd round picks, winners go get their QB."

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
He was "promised" Trubisky.

Browns made all those phone calls looking to trade up to make it seem that they were trying to get him just to get the hopes up of the owner? I am not going to buy that conspiracy theory.

Sounds to me like you are choosing which reports you want to believe.

Haha, Remy thinks all the calls to the Titans and 49ers were a smokescreen by Sashi Brown to fool the owner into thinking
he could get Trubisky when Hue Jackson really wanted Mahomes??????

So Sashi Brown was only pretending to move up from number 12, just to fool his owner (4d chess).

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

I completely disagree with your way of thinking here.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Haha, Remy thinks all the calls to the Titans and 49ers were a smokescreen by Sashi Brown to fool the owner into thinking
he could get Trubisky when Hue Jackson really wanted Mahomes??????

So Sashi Brown was only pretending to move up from number 12, just to fool his owner (4d chess).

He is cherry picking which bits of information he wants to believe. His reasons why hold no merit. Confirmation bias if you ask me..

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I completely disagree with your way of thinking here.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/confirm

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/likely

It's not my way of thinking. It's how the words are defined. Confirm generally expresses a degree of certainty that likely does not. This would be like arguing there is no difference between doubt and reasonable doubt.

It's also odd you don't seem to understand the difference between direct comments made by someone (King) vs one person alleging they heard from another person what someone was thinking and then applying it to a completely different person just because they work in the same organization.

But hey, do you bro.

He is cherry picking which bits of information he wants to believe. His reasons why hold no merit. Confirmation bias if you ask me..

Again you seem confused. I believe what King said about his his gut feeling because King himself wrote it in an article that has his name attached to it. And even then, I accept that King might be wrong because the term being used is likely.

You by contrast are taking something Jim Miller said regarding what unnamed sources said about Haslam and then applying those to Brown and saying it confirms things for you.

You sound like the kid in high school that used to believe the rumors that generally started like, "Well I heard from my cousin's girlfriend who heard from Jimmy's sister, that Freddie really likes Suzie. Frank is best friends with Freddie so Frank must like Suzie too since Freddie does." Point being your logic here is high school level.

So no I am not cherry picking. Direct testimony from King is more relevant that what amounts to hearsay which is what Miller is reporting.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

It's not my way of thinking. It's how the words are defined. Confirm generally expresses a degree of certainty that likely does not. This would be like arguing there is no difference between doubt and reasonable doubt.

It's also odd you don't seem to understand the difference between direct comments made by someone (King) vs one person alleging they heard from another person what someone was thinking and then applying it to a completely different person just because they work in the same organization.

But hey, do you bro.

Again you seem confused. I believe what King said about his his gut feeling because King himself wrote it in an article that has his name attached to it. And even then, I accept that King might be wrong because the term being used is likely.

You by contrast are taking something Jim Miller said regarding what unnamed sources said about Haslam and then applying those to Brown and saying it confirms things for you.

You sound like the kid in high school that used to believe the rumors that generally started like, "Well I heard from my cousin's girlfriend who heard from Jimmy's sister, that Freddie really likes Suzie. Frank is best friends with Freddie so Frank must like Suzie too since Freddie does." Point being your logic here is high school level.

So no I am not cherry picking. Direct testimony from King is more relevant that what amounts to hearsay which is what Miller is reporting.

Your post CONFIRMS that you are an idiot.

Bronze65

Liked Posts:
Hey everyone! I have a great idea.

Let's continue to debate something over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, without ever knowing the complete list of facts, to try to prove points on something that has already happened and will never change.

Good call.
:obama:

ditka4life

Liked Posts:

But hey, do you bro.

King DID CONFIRM THAT LYNCH was talking to the Browns (and the 49ers weren't moving up to 1) so the talks must have been about the Browns moving to 2.

So, why would the Browns want to move up to 2?

If they wanted Trubisky, he would be available at 2.

So why didn't Lynch agree to a deal with the Browns for the 2nd pick. No one knows.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

But hey, do you bro.

#millermustrevealsourceorheisalyingprick

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
No it doesn't make him a liar. Just means I find King more credible.

If you think the Bears over-paid to move up and get their QB,
Do you think the Chiefs and Texans over-paid to move up to get their QB??????????

Do you think other teams wanted Mahomes and Trubisky but waited and missed out?????