What if Mitch stay in school 1st pick in 18

FrankieLyrical

South Side Chicagoan
Liked Posts:
This happens every single year. The draft is here and "Next years crop of QB's are SOOO much better than this years". Then "next year" rolls around and "none of these QB's should be taken in the first round".

Reactions: WCL

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
None of these guys will more than likely match Trubisky's physical numbers, outside of height.

He would be the best athlete of the group, maybe challenged by Allen.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It's really odd, Darnold is basically Trubisky at this point. He showed a flash starting only a handful of games.

Josh Rosen doesn't even have that good of stats, and he has character concerns. Josh Allen might be good, but his stats are garbage.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
After the 2017 season, the scouts will be salivating over Jacob Eason of Georgia. He can't be drafted until 2019.

Reactions: WCL

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jay Cutler = 6'3, 230, cannon for an arm. how that work out for Jay?

In the end game it's going to come down to Mitch's mental makeup and competitive drive and wanting to be the best. He also has to deal with becoming a multi millionaire of which many can't deal with instant fame and riches ("I made it attitude").

Does he lose his edge with the fat paycheck and just wants to be "one of the guys" or does he have the will and motivation to become one of the best.

You also have to worry about them rushing him into competition too early. He is very very inexperienced. He has a chance to be good but they could really ruin him if they aren't careful.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yet there was no guarantee Trubisky would have as good a year next year if he returned. So rather than assume he would and all of the 2018 class is inferior we should just be happy Pace finally got us one and let's hope he excels here.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
After the 2017 season, the scouts will be salivating over Jacob Eason of Georgia. He can't be drafted until 2019.

I wouldnt be so sure of that. There is talk of Eason losing his starting job after being shown up by the backup in spring practices. His job is hardly secure right now

strobiwan

Liked Posts:
This happens every single year. The draft is here and "Next years crop of QB's are SOOO much better than this years". Then "next year" rolls around and "none of these QB's should be taken in the first round".

every single year, minus Luck.
Last year Wentz sucked and Kizer was way better....so we should wait for him

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
There is no timeline to success. If you ready, you play. Besides Bears already have Glennon and Sanchez ahead of him.

That being said. If Mitch shows that he can pick up a NFL playbook quickly and becomes a playmaker on the field alongside the other perks (practice, game preparation, preseason, etc.)...you don't sit him just to sit him.

Yeah, I don't understand the whole sentiment that Trubisky HAS to sit this year. The biggest knock is his lack of experience. He's not gaining any more experience watching someone else play.

Ideally, Glennon will start and play well. Trubisky will play in preseason and look great. Then you have 2 QBs. But if Glennon plays like Glennon has always played and Trubisky is killing it, then there's no reason to sit him just because he's young. The whole point of sitting him is so he's not out there getting killed and not getting results. But if he's ready to play from Day 1, he's the future, 15Mil be damned.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I wouldnt be so sure of that. There is talk of Eason losing his starting job after being shown up by the backup in spring practices. His job is hardly secure right now

If Kirby gives the job to Fromm he'll need to change his last name to not so Smart.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Relax, internet friends. Ryan Pace "took a swing". We've learned taking a swing is all that matters (regardless of the pitch). He also "showed his balls" or something like that so everything will be just fine. The Bears are obviously a QB away from being playoff contenders so the pick made sense. If they had other glaring needs, I might've questioned it.

Snarky... I guess the guy they're paying millions doesn't have the same ability to judge talent as well as you? Too bad Acorsi didn't have you on speed dial...

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Kirby gives the job to Fromm he'll need to change his last name to not so Smart.

Kirby learned from saban to give the job to the guy who deserves it. Eason wasn't that good last year

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Relax, internet friends. Ryan Pace "took a swing". We've learned taking a swing is all that matters (regardless of the pitch). He also "showed his balls" or something like that so everything will be just fine. The Bears are obviously a QB away from being playoff contenders so the pick made sense. If they had other glaring needs, I might've questioned it.

This is funny because it's true. Well done, sir.

RisWell01

Liked Posts:
I don't trust QBs from USC and Darnold doesn't impress..From the tape I saw I liked the QB from Wyoming but never realized he had 15 int..Also I think Jake Browning from Washington is pretty good.
Do you trust a North Carolina QB?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yet there was no guarantee Trubisky would have as good a year next year if he returned. So rather than assume he would and all of the 2018 class is inferior we should just be happy Pace finally got us one and let's hope he excels here.

FINALLY!!! :clap:

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:

I don't really want to spend the next 5 years messing around with free agent castoffs and mid-round picks who don't pan out. We've needed a good, young QB prospect for years and we finally got one. We might still have holes all over the team, but it wouldn't matter anyway because 90% of the time, your team sucks without a QB anyway. Bears got close in '06, but we didn't have a chance in the Super Bowl because our QB was kind of a bum.

Not to mention, it's not like Trubisky is a shitty prospect or anything. For the first time in years, I'm excited as hell to watch the Bears and I'll be taking my ass to training camp for sure.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Trubisky would be about the seventh best QB prospect in the 2018 draft.

1. Sam Darnold, USC
2. Josh Rosen, UCLA
3. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
4. Josh Allen, Wyoming
5. Luke Falk, Washington State
6. Trace McSorley, Penn State
7. Mitchell Trubisky, North Carolina

That could change drastically during the 2017 season, but for now that's about right.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Trubisky would be about the seventh best QB prospect in the 2018 draft.

1. Sam Darnold, USC
2. Josh Rosen, UCLA
3. Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
4. Josh Allen, Wyoming
5. Luke Falk, Washington State
6. Trace McSorley, Penn State
7. Mitchell Trubisky, North Carolina

That could change drastically during the 2017 season, but for now that's about right.

Funny stuff...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Jamarcus Russell was paid almost 40 million dollars to play good football. I'm not so sure salary dictates performance.

You should contact the Bears and wow them with your player personnel acumen. Tell them you'll work cheap...