Liked Posts:
This thread...yup, you guessed it.
chiefs-bears-football_carr.jpg

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My point is to lump me in with People who will love every Pace move good or bad was off.

My "fandom" doesn't jade my opinion. I have not changed my opinion of Pace. My opinion could change if I see continued improvement. But he has a lot more good work to do before I am there.

I am not "All in". I have said the Bears are going to suck this year.

Your opinions of me are wrong.

And your opinions of what happened on draft night are completely based on your hate for Pace and one guys "gut", not on the massive amount of data that disagrees.

I never claimed you love every move Pace made. I also didn't say fandom. I said fanatic. The point is you are an extremist. Whether you love or hate something you do so while lacking any sort of ability to see the middle ground.

I agree. So I'll make this my last post on the topic (probably) until we see them play. I'm going to stick to my thoughts I had immediately after watching the draft:

1) People criticizing the trade "cost" are idiots. Middle round picks for a potential franchise QB is peanuts. Look at what other teams traded to get their QB.

2) People who think they know what happened are idiots. They don't know. Regardless of some dude's friend who has a "gut feeling".

3) People who think that the Bears/Pace lost this draft NOW are idiots. Talk to me in 2 years.

4) Anyone who takes a side in this draft just because of pre-existing thoughts on the GM is an idiot.

Think that about covers it.

Exhibit A of a fanatic. Translation - Anyone who disagrees with Mongo is an idiot. This is true whether he praises Pace for Trubisky or whether he bashes Pace for Prescott. There can be no good faith disagreement with Mongo. You either believe what he does or you are an idiot.

This is pretty much the gist of every argument of note I have seen you have on here and this is why you are a fanatic.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Exhibit A of a fanatic. Translation - Anyone who disagrees with Mongo is an idiot. This is true whether he praises Pace for Trubisky or whether he bashes Pace for Prescott. There can be no good faith disagreement with Mongo. You either believe what he does or you are an idiot.

This is pretty much the gist of every argument of note I have seen you have on here and this is why you are a fanatic.

Wrong again.

Anyone who takes those stances is an idiot.

There are many people who disagree with me who are not idiots.

You enjoy being wrong.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Browns didn't benefit from the Bears taking Trubisky so the premise doesn't make any sense. Not sure why he is patting the Browns on the back. Then there is the report that Jimmy Haslam was pissed the Browns weren't able to trade back up for Trubisky. Good talk.

That report about Haslam came from a former Bear QB. I have seen no one else confirm that story.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If there was a 1% chance a team was going to steal Pace's QB that is too much.

Because it would be worse watching Trubisky play for the Browns, or Bills or Chiefs, while we are watching Glennon slap fight with CJ Beathard.

They are 3rd round picks, fucking losers whine about using them for a trade. If we had traded a future 1 I could understand the bitching but 30% of 3rd round picks are more than backups.

Christ the league gives free 3rd round picks out each year.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wrong again.

Anyone who takes those stances is an idiot.

There are many people who disagree with me who are not idiots.

You enjoy being wrong.

1. People who criticize the trade cost due so because they think Trubiksy could have been had for free. You are a fanatic because you ignore this fact and mischaracterized the issue.

2. No one has claimed they know what happened. They just like you are providing their opinion. They are doing so not due to a friend but based on a well respected reporter who was in the room with the Niners on draft day. Again another mischaracterization.

3. I don't know anyone who has said this besides maybe the Wardens of the world. And by the same token anyone saying Pace is a genius or won the draft is equally idiotic.

4. Again don't know anyone who has done this. You an i were previously in opposite sides of the Pace debate.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. People who criticize the trade cost due so because they think Trubiksy could have been had for free. You are a fanatic because you ignore this fact and mischaracterized the issue.

2. No one has claimed they know what happened. They just like you are providing their opinion. They are doing so not due to a friend but based on a well respected reporter who was in the room with the Niners on draft day. Again another mischaracterization.

3. I don't know anyone who has said this besides maybe the Wardens of the world. And by the same token anyone saying Pace is a genius or won the draft is equally idiotic.

4. Again don't know anyone who has done this. You an i were previously in opposite sides of the Pace debate.

wrong

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This horse has been beaten to death but I like how no one questioned Jim Miller's alleged sources in Cleveland despite Jim Miller having zero ties to Cleveland that anyone knows about but now everyone is like how does Peter King know what is going on with the Browns.

Also curious that now all of a sudden the same people that started all these Pace nuthugging threads are now ready to move on when shit comes out that doesn't agree with their narrative.

You really have no idea if this is true or not. Through the college and pro careers of players they meet coaches, scouts, ex team mates that become scouts etc. from around the league. Doubtful you know who JM knows.

LOL, that's how petty this whole debate has become.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You really have no idea if this is true or not. Through the college and pro careers of players they meet coaches, scouts, ex team mates that become scouts etc. from around the league. Doubtful you know who JM knows.

I said that anyone knows about. If you know of a tie then let's hear it. Otherwise no one has disclosed any ties Miller has to the Browns. Yet the same people taking what Miller said as gospel are questioning Peter King.

So my not knowing who JM knows was already accounted for by my "that anyone knows about" qualifier.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

He's actually making a valid comparison. When that thread was posted about the Cleveland owner being angry that Trubisky slipped away, pretty much everyone praised it unquestionably. Even i was guilty as this was my response after reading it:

- "Well, this report changed the way I look at it. Pace might not have had to trade up to #2, but it's becoming clear that he really did fool Cleveland into thinking Trubisky would be available at #5. Pace deserves a lot of respect for this"

But then when a reporter states something that could be seen in a negative light, we tend to quickly dismiss it and question the validity of the reporter.

Let's face it, Peter King probably knows more about the situation than did anyone else who wrote about it. Yet we still try to believe everyone else but him.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I think it's a case of the media being butthurt that Pace trolled them.

The select few of us here were optimistic that he'd do what a GM should do picking in the top 3...draft a QB.

Who cares if he traded 2 3rd's and a 4th to move up 1 spot.

It's not like he was going from 15 to 14.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
He's actually making a valid comparison. When that thread was posted about the Cleveland owner being angry that Trubisky slipped away, pretty much everyone praised it unquestionably. Even i was guilty as this was my response after reading it:

- "Well, this report changed the way I look at it. Pace might not have had to trade up to #2, but it's becoming clear that he really did fool Cleveland into thinking Trubisky would be available at #5. Pace deserves a lot of respect for this"

But then when a reporter states something that could be seen in a negative light, we tend to quickly dismiss it and question the validity of the reporter.

Let's face it, Peter King probably knows more about the situation than did anyone else who wrote about it. Yet we still try to believe everyone else but him.

I don't, but I think we're making a big deal of nothing much. The price wasn't much for what we got.

Look at what the Vikes gave up last year for Bradford. Look at what the Eagles gave up for Wentz.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I don't, but I think we're making a big deal of nothing much. The price wasn't much for what we got.

Look at what the Vikes gave up last year for Bradford. Look at what the Eagles gave up for Wentz.

Redskins gave up 3 first round picks and a 2nd round pick for the #2 pick and second best QB....

Goff...

Leaf...

The Bears got a bargain to get the QB they think will be a future elite QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They paid for insurance. The 3rd round picks were insurance against someone stealing their QB.

I pay for house insurance even though I don't need it right now and I have never once used it. But the cost is reasonable for the protection I received.

I think the cost for Pace was reasonable for the protection he recieved.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Redskins gave up 3 first round picks and a 2nd round pick for the #2 pick and second best QB....

Goff...

Leaf...

The Bears got a bargain to get the QB they think will be a future elite QB.

I really don't understand all the cunting...were all of you really that high on D?

I mean...look at the Broncos...they paid for a rental on Manning.

Now they are back to where they were before acquiring him. A .500 team.

The Texans haven't made it far in the playoffs due to lack of franchise QB.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They paid for insurance. The 3rd round picks were insurance against someone stealing their QB.

I pay for house insurance even though I don't need it right now and I have never once used it. But the cost is reasonable for the protection I received.

I think the cost for Pace was reasonable for the protection he recieved.

This is a fair analysis. It's much better than:

- Pace got fleeced.

Or

- Pace duped Cleveland.