Oddsmakers expect Bears to pick #3 again next year

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This can't be true. I was told there was no chance the Bears would ever have a top 5 pick for the rest of eternity. That's why it was necessary for Ryan Pace to "take a swing" and "man up" by "showing his balls" and reaching for Trubisky.

I don't think it will happen.

It took catastrophic injuries, garbage QB play, and no NFL talent in the secondary for them to pick 3.

These odds and predictions never really account for the fact that the Bears are going to go 2-4 in the division despite not being favoured.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think the Bears will go better than that to be honest but perhaps not by much, five or six wins.

Although the secondary could do with some work, that defense is pretty good and will keep us in games.

donkdw

Liked Posts:
This can't be true. I was told there was no chance the Bears would ever have a top 5 pick for the rest of eternity. That's why it was necessary for Ryan Pace to "take a swing" and "man up" by "showing his balls" and reaching for Trubisky.

Picking trubisky made it more likely we'd pick top 5 the following year as he'll sit or be be learning on the job.

Picking another player would have made a top five pick less likely.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least we got rid of Lovie! AMIRITE? All those terrible 9-10 win seasons were such a drag on my football watching.

Liked Posts:
Picking trubisky made it more likely we'd pick top 5 the following year as he'll sit or be be learning on the job.

Picking another player would have made a top five pick less likely.

That statement is completely false.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Well last year most had us picking first in the draft so we are getting better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Well that would give Pace 4 top ten picks and his second top 5. That's a resume no GM wants.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
ODDSMAKERS EXPECTING BEARS TO TAKE A STEP BACK IN 2017
http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bears/oddsmakers-expecting-bears-take-step-back-2017

JOvoQF5.jpg

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/19345197/nfl-full-spreads-weeks-1-16-all-32-nfl-teams

Next year is still about rebuilding this team anyway so having the highest pick possible will only help us. I'm sure the coaches and Pace will still be wanting to win every game they can next year though and i also think we're gonna be better team then most think but i'm all about building this team the right way and getting it ready for Trubisky so if next year ends up being another throw away year that's fine with me. It will be hard going through another losing season though.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm just glad I saved myself 3.5 hours every Sunday.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears are favored in 2 games this season.

I saw one article yesterday when the were not favored in any. A couple were toss-ups. I think the 9er game was one of them.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You must have a lot of alcohol in your KoolAid. Thank God you're not a Penn State Fraternity Pledge!!

Man. That story is an awful one. The PSU alumni must be going crazy after the Sandusky scandal and now this.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Next year is still about rebuilding this team anyway so having the highest pick possible will only help us. I'm sure the coaches and Pace will still be wanting to win every game they can next year though and i also think we're gonna be better team then most think but i'm all about building this team the right way and getting it ready for Trubisky so if next year ends up being another throw away year that's fine with me. It will be hard going through another losing season though.

Do you think that Fox will coach any differently this coming year. It looked like to me that he coached very timidly his two years here in an attempt to keep the score close. Their play calling was about as closed to the vest as it gets, they didn't blitz much and played a loose zone most of the time. What do you think?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Do you think that Fox will coach any differently this coming year. It looked like to me that he coached very timidly his two years here in an attempt to keep the score close. Their play calling was about as closed to the vest as it gets, they didn't blitz much and played a loose zone most of the time. What do you think?

Well the play calling was D.Loggains not J.Fox and V.Fangio has never been big on blitzing. I think Fox has always been known to be conservative which can be quite boring and if his team is up by like 6 with lets say 4 minutes to go he'd rather run as much clock out rather than try to go down and get a field goal which is annoying to watch cause i'd rather have a coach that wants to go for getting down in field goal range but we'll see what next year brings and if he knows he's playing for his job then who knows what he'll do.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:

Im hoping (although not optimistic) that the timid offensive calls were more a factor of lack of trust in stopping the other team knowing his defense was in shambles.

And yes, the plays were Loggains, but the type of play (ie running the clock out vs passing) was all Fox.