Oddsmakers expect Bears to pick #3 again next year

mecha

Liked Posts:
1oxryb.jpg

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im hoping (although not optimistic) that the timid offensive calls were more a factor of lack of trust in stopping the other team knowing his defense was in shambles.

And yes, the plays were Loggains, but the type of play (ie running the clock out vs passing) was all Fox.

Yep. I think there is a time to be conservative. Like when your 10 points up in the 4th quarter. But that isn't where the Bears were over the last two years. I do like pounding the ball there is also a time to air it out. I see Fox only being more conservative, if that is even possible, if and when Trubisky plays.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
I'm confused... most fans swore we needed to jump on a QB this year and pick him #3 no matter what because we would never be picking that high again...... now that the team has made the pick.... many of the same people are predicting the Bears will suck next year and will likely be picking top three again.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I'm confused... most fans swore we needed to jump on a QB this year and pick him #3 no matter what because we would never be picking that high again...... now that the team has made the pick.... many of the same people are predicting the Bears will suck next year and will likely be picking top three again.

It's the luck of the Bears. If they don't pick QB Glennon lights it up, right into the 15th pick. If they do pick QB Glennon bombs and we get #1.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
At least we got rid of Lovie! AMIRITE? All those terrible 9-10 win seasons were such a drag on my football watching.

Nothing I loved more than him constantly being on the hot seat for missing the playoffs and never being able to attract good coordinators because of it.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Make you own assessment, right? They needed a quarterback but they did not need Glennon. That was a huge mistake. They needed a young quarterback to develop but they did not need to trade up to get one. And...... they needed a lot more than the quarterback position and they didn't appreciably improve the team other than at TE in either free agency or the draft.

This team needed a lot and got very little. Meanwhile the other teams just in their division got better. They lost ground. Plus their schedule is tougher than last years. They are going to be picking very high again next year. Knowing that they are underdogs in every game is just writing on the wall.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
No worries. Bears will overachieve. Look for a 6-8 win season.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
I think it's extremely unlikely we're close to picking 3 next year. The beauty of taking a QB is that we can stop being fixated on draft position.

And if by some miracle we do end up with a top 3 pick, we can trade back and collect a boatload of picks. Win/win.

Sent from my SM-A320Y using Tapatalk

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
At least we got rid of Lovie! AMIRITE? All those terrible 9-10 win seasons were such a drag on my football watching.

Funny thing is, those shitty Bears teams in 2014 that won 5 games and 2015 that won 6 games both beat Lovie those years.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yup, you're right. Mediocrity wins SBs. At least he knew not to replace Glennon with a worse QB. Oh wait!

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
Imabearsfan thinks it could be 3, or it could be higher or lower.

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
I can't see the Bears picking that high again, but if we do, we can at least look forward to a new coaching staff centered around grooming Trubs and a bucket load of picks. That's if all of these supposed can't miss prospects for next year actually end up going high.

Washington

Liked Posts:
We won't be picking that high again next year. I can see a ceiling of 7 wins with 5-6 being most likely. I expect less injuries and the team has better depth. They still lack difference makers and that is what will keep the wins ceiling low this year.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if we are out of playoff contention Trubs should start the final four games so we can see what he has. There could be some serious qb talent at the top of the draft next year.

Wait, are you saying that if Trubs doesn't play well in the last 4 games on a 2-10 team the Bears draft a QB? Not sure what you mean.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
We won't be picking that high again next year. I can see a ceiling of 7 wins with 5-6 being most likely. I expect less injuries and the team has better depth. They still lack difference makers and that is what will keep the wins ceiling low this year.

Im not seeing it. Not with the schedule, not with these players. Not this year.

3-4 wins is all I'm seeing. With a floor of 2.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Wait, are you saying that if Trubs doesn't play well in the last 4 games on a 2-10 team the Bears draft a QB? Not sure what you mean.

No. Not exactly. You put him out there for 4 weeks and evaluate. 4 weeks is enough time to decide if you want to give this guy a chance to be your future or if he completely stinks up the place and you have to consider going qb especially with the talent available.