Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The Bears knew from their film study that Trubisky had impressive arm strength and an ability to make what Pace calls "funny body throws," pinpointing passes without his feet set, when he was under duress or on the move. In the private workout?
Pace deserves credit for specifically identifying this as one of Trubisky's best strengths.

This is exactly what stood out to me when watching film on Trubisky. He does a great job of delivering good, accurate passes even when he's off balance or forced to wing the ball sidearm while on the move.

We have his nickname!!

Mitch "Funny Bones" Trubisky

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It feels so good to finally have a GM who has made it his #1 priority to identify and finally obtain his top QB. Something I'm sure we all have been envious of watching other teams do it year after year while the Bears have been busy drafting busts and trading for bums. I'm still not certain Mitch will be the stud we need him to be but I'm all aboard and it's damn exciting to see how it will all unfold over the next few years.

Remember when Trubisky revealed he met privately with the Bears on the Dan Patrick show, I wonder if Pace contacted him afterwards and told him to cover his tracks because he was mum after that.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
My favorite part is even after he was drafted, choir boy Mitch was still holding back on the Bears visit lol.

I am all in, baby!

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite part is even after he was drafted, choir boy Mitch was still holding back on the Bears visit lol.

I am all in, baby!

Even though his name isn't Jimmy?

Can you request a name change to "Not Hometown Mitch"?

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great article. Love the clandestine shenanigans.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
One of my favorite attributes of Trubs is his ability to roll left as a right handed QB and still throw strikes across his body. There are only a small handful in the League that do this.

It really opens up the playbook.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm a bit cautious about this funny body throw business. The windows are a lot smaller in the NFL whether it be from a coverage perspective or from the perspective of the guy trying to sack the QB. So it's not a given that just because he had success with this in college that it's going to translate in the NFL.

While it's good he can make these kinds of throws, I would say it's also difficult to project whether he can do so at the NFL level as few QBs can do this consistently and be successful. I would say many more who try end up like Cutler ie trusting their arm and making throws with poor mechanics that end up getting picked.

Much rather the dude get his mechanics down packed before he plays to avoid relying on these school yard type plays.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
This is stupid, there was no reason to be secretive at all. Pace fooled a bunch of teams that were not in the running for MT. O boy. He could have told everyone and still got him.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
This is the best article to come out of the Chicago media in a long time. I hope we get a lot more articles like this going forward because the Bears and the fans deserve this type of consistent coverage.

I really am getting borderline crazy excited about this Trubisky pick. He accuracy does seem to be undeniable and his TD to INT ratio and lack of bad INTs throughout the season really verifies his accuracy and decision making to. We don't know if this is all going to translate into the NFL, but at the very least we do know that it's a skill he possesses coming out of college that a lot of guys don't have. If Trubisky is as good as advertised Pace will achieve Epstein level mystique.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm a bit cautious about this funny body throw business. The windows are a lot smaller in the NFL whether it be from a coverage perspective or from the perspective of the guy trying to sack the QB. So it's not a given that just because he had success with this in college that it's going to translate in the NFL.

While it's good he can make these kinds of throws, I would say it's also difficult to project whether he can do so at the NFL level as few QBs can do this consistently and be successful. I would say many more who try end up like Cutler ie trusting their arm and making throws with poor mechanics that end up getting picked.

Much rather the dude get his mechanics down packed before he plays to avoid relying on these school yard type plays.

You are right remy. So incontestably right.

This is stupid, there was no reason to be secretive at all. Pace fooled a bunch of teams that were not in the running for MT. O boy. He could have told everyone and still got him.

STFU

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
His feet and drops need some work but his arm and body motion ain't changing. He'll continue ti swing those hips and get his body going the right direction whether his feet are set or not. Check out the jump throw and the flying elbow on the bomb.
[video=youtube;3h-G0Xgg71o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h-G0Xgg71o[/video]

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
"Pace also ordered Trubisky to keep the meeting top secret, so as not to tip off anyone — not any Tar Heels coaches or teammates, not any other NFL execs or agents, not even a campus meter maid — to the Bears' interest."

But then the very next morning:

"So as Trubisky fired comeback darts to Tar Heels receiver Ryan Switzer and deep crosses to Bug Howard and up-the-seam touch passes to former tight end Jack Tabb"

Cute article, but Imabearsfan thinks there's a lot of "fluff" in this piece.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
"Pace also ordered Trubisky to keep the meeting top secret, so as not to tip off anyone — not any Tar Heels coaches or teammates, not any other NFL execs or agents, not even a campus meter maid — to the Bears' interest."

But then the very next morning:

"So as Trubisky fired comeback darts to Tar Heels receiver Ryan Switzer and deep crosses to Bug Howard and up-the-seam touch passes to former tight end Jack Tabb"

Cute article, but Imabearsfan thinks there's a lot of "fluff" in this piece.

Bug Howard and Switzer were seniors also looking for a team to draft them. There is no reason to believe they were not also asked by Pace to keep it under wraps.

Tabb was picked up by Pace/Saints in 2015 and obviously has a relationship with Pace and not going to be a leak.

Mongo thinks imabearsfan is a shitty alt troll.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bug Howard and Switzer were seniors also looking for a team to draft them. There is no reason to believe they were not also asked by Pace to keep it under wraps.

Tabb was picked up by Pace/Saints in 2015 and obviously has a relationship with Pace and not going to be a leak.

Mongo thinks imabearsfan is a shitty alt troll.

Maybe you have forgotten, but about 2 weeks prior to the draft Trubisky was on the Dan Patrick show and stated for the record that the Bears came to work him out.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts: