The problem with drafting TRUBS............ TRUBS is a 1 hit wonder

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Name two posters who have already annointed him the next great NFL QB. We'll wait.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
College pass attempts:

Rodgers 665
Tom Brady 638
Carson Wentz 612
Alex Smith 587
Mitchell Trubisky 572
Michael Vick 343
Cameron Newton 292

Those 93 extra pass attempts are the difference between the HOF and being a bust.

Point I made before the draft and like you said, no one has anointed him. I was as big a fan as anyone but know potential just means you haven't done anything yet. That said, I think NC got a little pass happy because of Mitchell. That won't be the case here.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly why he needs to play this season.

He needs quality snaps and until he's experienced how a pro has schemed and adjusted to NFL disguised Ds, the snaps won't help as much. I'd like to see him some time this year if Glennon doesn't excel but I have no problem with Glennon keeping his slot if he plays well.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I also don't get the leadership rap. There have been zero documented negatives in this regard.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I also don't get the leadership rap. There have been zero documented negatives in this regard.

I think that stemmed from the whole Trubiksy vs Williams battle in 2015. It was reported back then and Trubiksy confirmed it in an interview as the battle was going on that one of the things the coaches wanted to see out of him was his being a more vocal leader.

And ultimately when Williams beat him out one of the things Fedora mentioned was Williams leadership.

So I don't think it is a negative as in he is a bad leader but moreso that because Williams was a more vocal and confident leader, the perception became that Trubiksy had issues with leadership. Then Kurt Warner during the draft process started talking about whether Trubiksy can command a huddle.

So I think it's mostly stuff that's been overblown because Trubiksy is more of a quiet leader rather than the vocal and confident leader.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pretty meh. Maybe they wanted him to be more of a dick but that really doesn't seem his nature. No one coming out was Watson in that regard but it was not a negative for Trubisky and the more we learn, the less concern that should be raised. He seems more the type to take charge when it's his turn to and supports whomever is there at the time. Was nice to see him hinting at playing earlier than later in camp interviews. Doesn't seem to lack confidence. I hope he'll be far enough along for he and Glennon to push each other.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We all know there's a bit of roll the dice with this pick but the tools both physical and mental seem to be there. High character guy that's not a wuss. Pace and we know a few others liked him enough to be drafted there and hopefully we don't have this draft position opportunity again. Unlike others, I don't think he'd be the top pick in next years draft but believe he'd again go in the 1st few picks. It was just great to see Pace make sure he got his guy and to have a potential franchise player at the position after years of guys that didn't develop or were retreads.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
I am so tired of these short sighted hatchet jobs by these national clowns.

If I hear "didn't they sign Mike Glennon to big money" one more time I am going to climb the bell tower.

The Glennon move is pure genius.

1. He is the only veteran QB who actually provides enough intrigue and upside to keep fans engaged.
2. He is young and could have trade value
3. He allowed you to be picky about the QB you took in the draft

For 18.5 million that is a steal.

I'm sure Pace starts cackling every time he read that leading up to the draft and still now. Be glad he made the media and the rest of the NFL fall for Mike Glennon.

We probably don't get Trubisky otherwise.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Pretty meh. Maybe they wanted him to be more of a dick but that really doesn't seem his nature. No one coming out was Watson in that regard but it was not a negative for Trubisky and the more we learn, the less concern that should be raised. He seems more the type to take charge when it's his turn to and supports whomever is there at the time. Was nice to see him hinting at playing earlier than later in camp interviews. Doesn't seem to lack confidence. I hope he'll be far enough along for he and Glennon to push each other.
Funny thing is that he toughed out a situation where most everyone knew he was the more talented QB rather than transferring.

Would it have been better had he transferred to a ND St type school and put up #'s like he did at UNC?

He did exactly what would have been expected 15 years ago. Waited his turn and when it came he played great. Strange how showing restraint and loyalty is a negative in this day and age.

I think the UNC coaches knew they would have Trubiksy no more than 2 years and hoped to ride Williams until the end and then MT for his Jr and Sr years. They didn't bank on him going from nobody to the #2 overall in one season.

Much ado about nothing.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think Trubiksy was giving Fedora a polite fuck you at all. There is no scenario where given the buzz he was receiving that he should have stayed in college and Fedora supported his decision wholeheartedly.

It's good for recruiting for recruits to see Trubiksy as the No 2 pick in the whole draft and Fedora has already been using Trubiksy getting drafted on the recruiting trail. Heels got former LSU QB Brandon Harris to transfer in part because of Harris seeing how Trubiksy performed at Carolina.

That has no bearing on it. Obviously I am purely speculating there. But make no mistake, if that was Mitch's way of sending a message without words there is no chance in hell he hurts his draft stock by saying anything negative about Fedora keeping him benched and of course Fedora is going to use Mitch getting taken #2 overall as a feather in his cap. Fedora also had nothing to gain by being opposed to any decision Mitch made. I highly doubt he gave a shit about a guy that kept him on the bench and was the #1 frustration for him in college.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I'd be careful, OP. I also started a thread questioning if Trubisky was the savior he's being made out to be and was reprimanded, and the thread was deleted. This isn't a place for opinions that go against the popular meatball voice.

That's not why your thread disappeared​, at all. You just happen to suck at posting is all.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
Remydat has already gone over this at least twice. Williams didn't fuck up enough to lose his job and Fedora was not willing to risk losing games developing Trubisky when he was in position to be competing for Bowls with Williams at the helm. Simple as that. He also probably expected Trubisky to play for more than one season. Which honestly after being benched for as long as Trubisky was, I say Mitch made the right choice in sending the message of that is what you get for keeping me on the bench until Williams was gone. The polite fuck you, I'm out.

I agree, however he brought Trubs in several times to save his aass when Williams was playing horrible. Against Delware for the second half is an example. He also brought Trubs in to win a few games at the end with his arm. So I disagree with the experience angle because Trubs was playing in big moments and under pressure prior to starting last year. And he was clearly good enough to start games for UNC, but overall Williams but a better fit being a dual threat. I bet Florida would have started Tebow over Tom Brady for the same reason.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey, some people make 100 mock drafts while some complain about the unknowable like the OP.

He's right about the lack of experience (DUH), but it just sounds overly whiny and pessimistic in May.

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd be careful, OP. I also started a thread questioning if Trubisky was the savior he's being made out to be and was reprimanded, and the thread was deleted. This isn't a place for opinions that go against the popular meatball voice.

disliked this whiny bitch.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I love it when people post drivel and immediately bail. Why are some of you bothering to respond?

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Lashing out against people who have different opinions from you...I'm sure you're a great person. I hope you don't have children who are learning from you this is how to live life.

Whiny bitch alert.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I presented an argument. I provided links to stories backing my stance. I posted a poll for members to participate in. Sounds like a well-constructed thread. Is it possible I "suck at posting" because you disagree? #america?

No, it's not possible. I don't have a dog in this fight. Stop sucking at posting and things may change.

Pro tip: Speaking in absolutes about the unknown is a sure fire way to stay in the red.