***OFFICIAL*** Kyle Long - LEFT GUARD or LEFT BENCH

What u doin w/ the bum?

• Total voters

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's true, Kyle Long gets a pass for being Kyle Long from the fan base. Rare talents like Alshon Jeffery get run out of town, but everyone loves Kyle Long because he said something funny on twitter.

is that what you think? twitter...

Kyle Long isn't getting a pass from anyone....he plays hard, plays injured and is actually pretty good...........

There are about 18 other players on the starting 22 that need to be addressed before Kyle Long.....

It isn't Kyle Long's fault that Jeffery left or that the fan base isn't as pissed as you about it......

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
is that what you think? twitter...

Kyle Long isn't getting a pass from anyone....he plays hard, plays injured and is actually pretty good...........

There are about 18 other players on the starting 22 that need to be addressed before Kyle Long.....

It isn't Kyle Long's fault that Jeffery left or that the fan base isn't as pissed as you about it......

He gets a pass because of his father, the same reason he's gotten those probowl nods.

The last 2 years he hasn't played good at all. Maybe we're watching 2 different bears teams.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
The whole idea of playing while hurt is stupid as well. You become a liability to the team, and then you possibly hurt yourself more and are out longer??

So fucking stupid.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
He is getting paid like a left tackle, so he should be in the best place for him. I just question why he was not put on the left side earlier with all this left handed talk?

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we were paying a LG this kind of money, and his name wasn't Long, there would be serious questions on the value of his contract.

Outstanding point here. Ten million dollars a year for a Guard, but no one here would pony up that kind of cash when the Piper comes calling on a contract for the best LT this line has seen in decades.

Just because Leno does not have a famous daddy getting him into that popularity contest the NFL still bothers to call "Pro Bowl".

But I get it...Kyle is the only cheerleader left in Chicago Football and if you grease dem wheels in Chicago...you get paid.

Anyway...Kyle better have a good camp because some dude named Kush was doing that job quite well for a fraction of the cost.

(Twitter will only take you so far, Kyle)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He gets a pass because of his father, the same reason he's gotten those probowl nods.

The last 2 years he hasn't played good at all. Maybe we're watching 2 different bears teams.

I don't give two shits about his father....he didn't play well enough at tackle...not guard....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is getting paid like a left tackle, so he should be in the best place for him. I just question why he was not put on the left side earlier with all this left handed talk?

he is the tied for the 9th highest paid guard in the league.....he is paid the money that guards with his talent are paid....

he isn't paid too much...

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
:shibe:

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he is the tied for the 9th highest paid guard in the league.....he is paid the money that guards with his talent are paid....

Guards

1. Kevin Zeitler, Browns ($12M APY, $31.5 guaranteed)

2. Kelechi Osemele, Raiders ($11.7M APY, $25.4M guaranteed)

3. Kyle Long, Bears ($10M APY, $30M guaranteed)

4. David DeCastro, Steelers ($10M APY, $16M guaranteed)

5. T.J. Lang, Lions ($9.5M APY, $19M guaranteed)

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/233992/stacking-nfls-highest-paid-players-by-position-after-free-agency

I could argue that a decent RT like Ricky Wagner at 9 mil per year is more valuable than LG Kyle Long at 10 mil per year.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don't give two shits about his father....he didn't play well enough at tackle...not guard....

How big of a drop off was there last season from Long to Kush? I noticed improvement when Kush came in, actually.

I see you're determined to die on the over rated hill that is Kyle Long, just not sure why. You saw that he declined to have surgery this off season.. correct? You understand that means he's going to be playing at less than 100% all season... correct? You understand that also puts him at a higher risk for further injuries... correct?

But I guess it's okay, cus his name is Kyle Long and he's got da fire and da passion

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
I am surprised we don't have any long tweets in here already ??? someone is of there game.

I think windy is right on with most logical fans on here it makes to much sense because of his injury etc.

I think someone is jealous and need attention.....:beartroll:

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guards

1. Kevin Zeitler, Browns ($12M APY, $31.5 guaranteed)

2. Kelechi Osemele, Raiders ($11.7M APY, $25.4M guaranteed)

3. Kyle Long, Bears ($10M APY, $30M guaranteed)

4. David DeCastro, Steelers ($10M APY, $16M guaranteed)

5. T.J. Lang, Lions ($9.5M APY, $19M guaranteed)

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...st-paid-players-by-position-after-free-agency

I could argue that a decent RT like Ricky Wagner at 9 mil per year is more valuable than LG Kyle Long at 10 mil per year.

his cap hit is 9th....you can argue all you want.....so you are saying we should remove one of our better, if not best olineman....with what someone who makes less and is worse.....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am guessing some of this crowd was ready to slit their wrists when we got rid of the greatest Bear of all-time Matt Slauson....

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
his cap hit is 9th....you can argue all you want.....so you are saying we should remove one of our better, if not best olineman....with what someone who makes less and is worse.....

Best lineman? He's not even the best guard..

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I am surprised we don't have any long tweets in here already ??? someone is of there game.

I think windy is right on with most logical fans on here it makes to much sense because of his injury etc.

I think someone is jealous and need attention.....:beartroll:

English... ?

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
1. They are moving him to LG to protect his left shoulder.

2. He was absolutely fine at RG last season.

3. RT was not good, but that is hardly his fault. Getting moved positions week 1 is pretty tough.

4. He got hurt last season, hardly a history of injuries.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best lineman? He's not even the best guard..

This leads me to believe you don't know what an athletic guard actually can do for a running game....while Josh Sitton has very good technique he is not the quickest pulling guard in the league........

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This leads me to believe you don't know what an athletic guard actually can do for a running game....while Josh Sitton has very good technique he is not the quickest pulling guard in the league........

Yes, thanks for the update on how the game of football works..

Long still isn't the better guard, especially hampered with injuries.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes, thanks for the update on how the game of football works..

Long still isn't the better guard, especially hampered with injuries.

and you'd be wrong...he is more athletic than Sitton and can do more in pass protection and the finesse running game......it is just how it is.