John Lynch just on radio here in SD

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why do you keep insisting that the 67th pick will be "special teams guys or minor contributors"? Have you really lowered the bar so low for Pace that you don't think he can find a starter at 67? Jerry Angelo drafted Lance Briggs with the 68th pick, but you think Pace is so much worse then Angelo all he can get is a special teams guy. I really hope you are wrong about Pace, because if you're right, if Pace really is that incompetent, the Bears are fucked.

Sure, they might be a starter. Or they might be another Sutton/Bullard/Grasu. A franchise QB is still much more important. I have zero problems with what Pace did. In fact I love it. He identified a QB he and his team had conviction on and made sure he got him. I honestly couldn't care less about mid round picks given up for that. It just doesn't matter, imo.

All that matters is whether Trubisky truly is the guy or not. If he is, nobody will care about the picks. If he's a bust, he's a bust anyway and the first round pick spent is the big loss, not the mickey mouse mid round ones.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure, they might be a starter. Or they might be another Sutton/Bullard/Grasu. A franchise QB is still much more important. I have zero problems with what Pace did. In fact I love it. He identified a QB he and his team had conviction on and made sure he got him. I honestly couldn't care less about mid round picks given up for that. It just doesn't matter, imo.

All that matters is whether Trubisky truly is the guy or not. If he is, nobody will care about the picks. If he's a bust, he's a bust anyway and the first round pick spent is the big loss, not the mickey mouse mid round ones.
I don't give credit for simply having conviction. You must pick the right one to get credit from me. KC and Houston showed conviction as well. We shall see which of the 3 is worthy of receiving credit.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, the follow up question, "Why isn't Trubisky a fit for the 49ers?", is because the Shanahan system is a diverse running attack to set up play action and attack the defense down field.

That is their philosophy. You will notice Shanahan family QB's and sytems have this trade mark. Zone blocking, downfield big arms. Elway, Cutler, Griffin, Cousins...Julio Jones.

Ability to throw the ball downfield with accuracy would be at the top of their list, knocking Trubisky down a notch for his biggest weakness to this point. Coupled with the fact they expect to be picking at the top in 2018. And coupled with the fact they have 7 year contracts. Tripled with the high probability they can land Cousins if they choose....they were in position to be patient and not draft a QB whose only tangible weaknesses are charisma and downfield throws, something they have shown interest in.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

"All that matters is whether Trubisky truly is the guy or not." 100% accurate.

Please stop saying that picks later than 66 mean nothing.
Tom Brady
Russell Wilson
Kirk Cousins
Oh yeah, our very own 18.5 million dollar man and starting QB Mike Glennon was picked at 73.

The implication that Pace is so incompetent that the 67th pick is a throw away, does not help the whole "Trubisky is franchise QB" narrative. Stop calling Pace a Special person.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Please stop saying that picks later than 66 mean nothing.
Tom Brady
Russell Wilson
Kirk Cousins
Oh yeah, our very own 18.5 million dollar man and starting QB Mike Glennon was picked at 73.

The implication that Pace is so incompetent that the 67th pick is a throw away, does not help the whole "Trubisky is franchise QB" narrative. Stop calling Pace a Special person.
if the shoe fits...

payton 34ever

Liked Posts:
"Said there were multiple teams other than bears interested in pick".

That's really what it boils down to. If that's true, and Pace really wanted Trubisky, he did what he had to do to get him. Changes the narrative quite a bit.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"Said there were multiple teams other than bears interested in pick".

That's really what it boils down to. If that's true, and Pace really wanted Trubisky, he did what he had to do to get him. Changes the narrative quite a bit.

And after the Bears pick Trubisky there were no teams interested in the 3rd overall. I honestly think Lynch thought we were taking Thomas and then he could trade the #3 to one of the teams that wanted Trubisky. That is why he gave us such a bargain trading up, because he thought he would be double dipping.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And after the Bears pick Trubisky there were no teams interested in the 3rd overall. I honestly think Lynch thought we were taking Thomas and then he could trade the #3 to one of the teams that wanted Trubisky. That is why he gave us such a bargain trading up, because he thought he would be double dipping.

oNcSGYO.gif

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As far as deep ball accuracy.

Trubisky - 68% Completion - 8.4 Y/A
Winston - 65% Completion - 8.4 Y/A
Matt Ryan - 59% Completion - 6.9 Y/A
Luck - 71.3% Completion - 8.7 Y/A
Rodgers - 66.1% Completion - 8.1 Y/A

I'd say Trubisky's deep ball accuracy is just fine. I can't really shed any light on him being a leader, but from rookie camp, sounded like the commanded the huddle well.

The dislike started when he threw some deep balls with too much touch early and didn't just make the WR run to it. That cleared up but some guys still harp on it. Just an experience thing.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, the follow up question, "Why isn't Trubisky a fit for the 49ers?", is because the Shanahan system is a diverse running attack to set up play action and attack the defense down field.

That is their philosophy. You will notice Shanahan family QB's and sytems have this trade mark. Zone blocking, downfield big arms. Elway, Cutler, Griffin, Cousins...Julio Jones.

Ability to throw the ball downfield with accuracy would be at the top of their list, knocking Trubisky down a notch for his biggest weakness to this point. Coupled with the fact they expect to be picking at the top in 2018. And coupled with the fact they have 7 year contracts. Tripled with the high probability they can land Cousins if they choose....they were in position to be patient and not draft a QB whose only tangible weaknesses are charisma and downfield throws, something they have shown interest in.

Uh huh.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't give credit for simply having conviction. You must pick the right one to get credit from me. KC and Houston showed conviction as well. We shall see which of the 3 is worthy of receiving credit.

I didn't ask you to give him credit, I'm just explaining why I liked what he did. The only people making definitive judgments on the trade before the Trubisky results come in are those who were against it.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

You could have stopped there. The rest of your post about these irrelevant mid round picks isn't worth the portion of your finite human energy used to type the characters on your keyboard.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Why do you keep insisting that the 67th pick will be "special teams guys or minor contributors"? Have you really lowered the bar so low for Pace that you don't think he can find a starter at 67? Jerry Angelo drafted Lance Briggs with the 68th pick, but you think Pace is so much worse then Angelo all he can get is a special teams guy. I really hope you are wrong about Pace, because if you're right, if Pace really is that incompetent, the Bears are fucked.

Tell us what every Bears player drafted closest to 67th has done since Briggs was drafted. If there are many contributors, then players like Briggs are the norm. If not, Briggs was an anomaly.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tell us what every Bears player drafted closest to 67th has done since Briggs was drafted. If there are many contributors, then players like Briggs are the norm. If not, Briggs was an anomaly.

Are you asking me to list all the Hall Of Fame players drafted after the 66th pick? That would be a long fucking list. Could you please do it, mick is worried about my 'human energy'.

You could have stopped there. The rest of your post about these irrelevant mid round picks isn't worth the portion of your finite human energy used to type the characters on your keyboard.

The bottom line is if you are a Pace supporter you have to figure he could find a starter with the 67th pick. If you think that Pace would have botched that pick, you think he's an idiot.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The bottom line is if you are a Pace supporter you have to figure he could find a starter with the 67th pick. If you think that Pace would have botched that pick, you think he's an idiot.

I never said he couldn't find a starter with the pick. I'm saying two things -

1) whether they started or not, they wouldn't be as important as a franchise QB.

2) the degree to which they would be less important than a franchise QB is so vast that it becomes contextually irrelevant.

So I have no problem with him dealing these picks. I would have had no problems if he had dealt Grasu and Deon Bush (previous 3rd and 4th round picks) to move up either.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I love how people treat Thomas as a lock to be a stud when he is not a dominant pass rusher

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Are you asking me to list all the Hall Of Fame players drafted after the 66th pick? That would be a long fucking list. Could you please do it, mick is worried about my 'human energy'.

You need to learn how to read.

I asked you to list the contributions of the Bears players drafted closest to the 67th pick in every draft since Briggs was drafted.

If a GM should be able to draft a starter with the "67th" pick or close to it, then there should be many contributors that were drafted by the Bears after Briggs was taken since you think it is an easy thing to find a starter in the 3rd round.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The bottom line is that know one knows shit about anything until MT plays several NFL games. We have from the usual meatheads fan boys to the usual sky is falling haters. It is all point of view differences. No pick was wasted if MT is better than just another starting QB. If he is just average or worse, yep, a bust and a wasted pick. Jury is out. Just don't understand wanting to get myself jacked up about him being the team's savior or so upset and hating on the pick when only time will tell.