Trubisky Dominates Mini Camp

JordanHoward24

Liked Posts:
Trubisky reportedly looked great in 7v7 drills. Let the QB battle begin, and may the best man win. (Honestly I just wanted to post this meme.)
b63cc69aa66a595266f59cb13bc2b8ce.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
shorts and no pads....okay.....

At least it's better then having reports come out that he's inaccurate and missing receivers left and right. Not much to go off right now, but at least what we do have is good.

Rise

Liked Posts:
It is going to take a combination of Glennon struggling in preseason, while Trubisky dominates 2nd stringers for the real controversy to begin. Fox will stick with Glennon who will struggle and ruin our season. Trubisky will then get to start against the weaker 2nd half of our schedule, he will win some games and people will question why he wasn't starting from day one. This will result in the firing of Fox and a new system coming in. Which basically means Trubisky's rookie year will be meaningless.

The next coach must be an offensively focused guy. No QB can succeed if they have to switch systems every few years, I can't stress this enough.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still not ready to give up on Fox yet, but watching the NFL Network "All or Nothing" show about the Arizona Cardinals makes me kick myself that the Bears didn't jump on Bruce Arians when they had the chance.

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At least it's better then having reports come out that he's inaccurate and missing receivers left and right. Not much to go off right now, but at least what we do have is good.

fair enough...could be news like C-Hack out of Jets camp actually missing WRs and hitting reporters or something like that...lol....still though...as they say..no news is good news...but to gou out ans say "dominate"....stoppppppppp

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This will result in the firing of Fox and a new system coming in. Which basically means Trubisky's rookie year will be meaningless.

The next coach must be an offensively focused guy. No QB can succeed if they have to switch systems every few years, I can't stress this enough.

Far from meaningless. He'll get snaps under center and learn that part of the job instead of so much shot-gun. He'll get time in the film room and learn how to effectively and quickly read defenses. He'll have time to understand the speed of the game and its overall differences than the college level. He'll have time to understand what it takes, the time, study, taking care of his body, etc....

I totally agree that a QB can't succeed switching systems every few years. Totally agree.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:

I disagree Cutler switched OC's every year and set every Bear record. Switching OC's every year keeps opposing DC's guessing. :smug2:

Reactions: Myk

Rise

Liked Posts:
Far from meaningless. He'll get snaps under center and learn that part of the job instead of so much shot-gun. He'll get time in the film room and learn how to effectively and quickly read defenses. He'll have time to understand the speed of the game and its overall differences than the college level. He'll have time to understand what it takes, the time, study, taking care of his body, etc....

I totally agree that a QB can't succeed switching systems every few years. Totally agree.

Agree he will still have the foundations of the basics of being an NFL QB, but he could of had that and be in the 2nd year of the system if they just got rid of Fox, or better yet never hired him. It's like they tried offense for 2 years, with probably the worst choice for a HC I have ever seen, then went right back to their comfort zone.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never considered the top pick and the veteran were learning a playbook for the first time together angle. With Trubs working so hard (never worked so hard in my life) and the possible savant qualities mentally he is rumored to possess in both learning stamina, and memory,

its going to be hard for Glennon to even make it to week 5. If Trubs can impress his teammates, and plays well in pre-season, likely having arguably even more competent receivers like Wheaton/Cruz/Wright playing second team, or if not then he has the most physically gifted guy in White....the hungriest. And Shaheen....the second team in pre-season is likely to dominate.

We know how the media will play this thing and will honestly be lucky to get to 1-3 because of our new secondary gelling and the aerial onslaught we will face.

Its a good sign if Trubs can pass a vet like Glennon like he isn't even there.

SlipScreen

Liked Posts:
It is going to take a combination of Glennon struggling in preseason, while Trubisky dominates 2nd stringers for the real controversy to begin. Fox will stick with Glennon who will struggle and ruin our season. Trubisky will then get to start against the weaker 2nd half of our schedule, he will win some games and people will question why he wasn't starting from day one. This will result in the firing of Fox and a new system coming in. Which basically means Trubisky's rookie year will be meaningless.

maybe they can bring in a successful Canadian football league coach, a coach with a plethora of experience dealing with QBs ... dare i say a Quarterback Whisperer. :smug2:

Issues

Liked Posts:
I'm still not ready to give up on Fox yet, but watching the NFL Network "All or Nothing" show about the Arizona Cardinals makes me kick myself that the Bears didn't jump on Bruce Arians when they had the chance.

I saw that too and it made me want to puke knowing the Bears were Arian's first choice.

Liked Posts:
It was against the Bears defense. So.......

I don't believe their defense is as bad as it may seem. I thought they played fairly well last season considering the circumstances. Once again last year they were hung out to dry on the field for the majority of each game by an inefficient offense, & they had too many injuries at key positions. When a team runs a 3-4 thats predicated on bringing extra pressure with the ILBs & OLBs you have to have good or better CB's that can nail it down in press-man coverage without help from the safeties. You also need a mainstay at NT to help open things up for the blitzing LB's. The Bears Basically trotted out a starting defense full of rag tags & backups outside of a few exceptions, & they are the key reason the Bears were competitively close in most of their games during 2016 in spite of their terrible overall record.

Now the Bears have addressed the vital needs at CB with decent talent & have Goldman healthy on the nose. If healthy I do think that this can & will be a defense ranked inside the top 10, again if healthy. Personally I don't believe the Bears are nearly as bad as some may want to imply, even last years team should been significantly better minus the numerous injuries at key positions. If Pace manages to now address the OT & WR positions with halfway legitimate talent moving forward, IMO there is no reason that the Bears shouldn't be a factor that one has to figure in with future contender discussions. Especially if Trubisky becomes the type of QB that I believe he will become in a year or two.