Jurco: Floyd One Concussion Away From Being Hunter Hillenmeyer

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If I didn't have a WinCity shrine next to my Princess Di memorial shine in my living room -- I'd come at you like a squirrel monkey for trolling me.

Did you have to move your collection of Happy Meal toys for the Princess Di memorial?

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
No, I was just worried about your Happy Meal collection.... sorry for caring so much.

OK good. I love you brother. Was just getting a little emotional thinking about my beloved Sweet Princess. Just last night I poured out a little Code Red in her memory.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Not really, it's the fact that Floyd had 2 concussions in 5 weeks coupled with the long recovery time from the second. Guys like windycity that downplay the seriousness of Floyd situation are the ones that are full of shit, not Jurko. If Floyd has a concussion this season his career will be in jeopardy, that's what happens when concussions pile up in a small number of games. We're not talking about 3 concussions in a 13 year career, were talking about 3 in 13 games.

BTW this has nothing to do with being tough.

Also how many has he had before NFL? What age? How bad? I doubt if he waited for the NFL to get concussed.
If his situation is that serious that he doesn't take a third hit after the second impact syndrome the 3rd party clearing him to play shouldn't. If 9 months off isn't enough give him 12. Dying is a bigger issue than retiring.

Everyone's career is in jeopardy every time they step on the field. They can always get Knoxed.

I'll downplay because no Dr has ever batted an eye at my many concussions and even suggested they were the cause of the migraines (I'm thinking my neck was, too early to tell but symptoms looking promising).
It's not that Floyd taking another hit today would be OK. It's all the added BS that goes along players trying to cash in on PCS causes people to downplay. Odd how no deep pockets, meh. But when there are deep pockets you have a syndrome that we can blame everything on.
Similar went on with my neck, "Is this because of injury?" "Attempting a flip and landing on my head as a kid is the most major impact that fits the radiologist's report. It was shortly after that I started having neck pain." "I'll put that down as a no." They're not asking for your health, they're asking for the health of their bank accounts. If deep pockets can be billed we'll pin everything you have wrong on that, if it's just you paying you'll get the bare minimum.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well good thing we got the undersized rookie 70+ reps a game starting day 1 despite veteran stalwarts around him, after seeing him rag dolled and concussed we put him back out there and did the same thing again.

Brilliant staff we have doing that in a 3-13 season. I have faith these guys will really peak this team at the right time someday.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
lmfao, every player in the nfl is!

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After Leonard Floyd said it took him two months to recover from his second concussion, Jurco on ESPN1000 said yesterday he's one concussion away from being Hunter Hillenmeyer. Waddle then mentioned the cumulative effects of concussions and how a second concussion taking two months to recover from doesn't bode well for Floyd's career.

Floyd looked much more dynamic that I thought he would when he played. He has tremendous length and speed and clearly he can be a high impact player. But he can't afford to get another concussion -- certainly not this season, at least. We've had so much bad luck with injuries -- we're due for some good luck now.

Lets put Flyod in that new-fangled concussion proof helmet. He can be a great example of how it is working

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
This sort of thing should tell players to get up and shake the cobwebs off.