legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
..for denying field access to him for wearing puke green... Pretty dumb, but it's going to be a brutally slow month and a half till training camp...

Should the Chicago Bears have the right to deny field access from fans wearing opposing colors?

Green Bay Packers fan Russell Beckman doesn’t think so — and he’s taking the Bears to court over his right to wear green and gold at Soldier Field.

At issue is an incident from this past season. Though he’s an unabashed Packers fan, Beckman has owned a personal seat license at Soldier Field and season tickets for Bears games since 2003. He has also taken part of the “STH Experiences” program the team offers to fans who rack up “rewards points” for different purchases.

For the past three seasons, Beckman said he’s spent his “rewards points” on a chance to stand at the edge of the field during pregame warmups. He wore Packers gear during the 2014 and 2015 trips but said he was denied field access when he wore Green Bay colors for last December’s game between the oldest rivals in the NFL.

Beckman appealed to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell, but didn’t hear back, presumably because the commissioner has more important things to do.

Beckman then decided to take legal action against the team. In a lawsuit detailed by Crain’s Chicago Business, Beckman says the Bears have “deprived me of my ability to fully enjoy this specific on-field experience and the general experience of the Bears-Packers game at Soldier field.”

Good thing Beckman’s a Packers fan. He’ll need plenty of cheese to go with that whine.

Beckman is representing himself and “seeking that the Bears and the NFL be ordered by the court to not enforce this rule for the 2017 season and beyond.” Beckman tells Crain’s that he believes the restriction is illegal because Soldier Field is a publicly-owned stadium.

Now, we presume that judges in the U.S. District Court also have more important things to do than deal with the hurt feelings from a geographically-challenged Packers fan. So we’ll see if this lawsuit even makes it to a ruling.

Then again, we shouldn’t count out Beckman so easily. It’s been awhile since anyone wearing Packers colors has been successfully kept from doing whatever they want on Soldier Field.

https://sports.yahoo.com/packers-fan-suing-bears-right-wear-packers-clothes-191251244.html

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He knew the rule when he renewed his season tickets and no one told him he can't attend in normal wear at a privately held event.:crying:

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
One of the best comments I saw on PFT about this was something like: "Beckman is representing himself, so he has a fool for a client."

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Reminds me of that Packers fan who was a car salesman in Chicago (who sponsored the Bears). He ended up suing when his boss told him to take his tie off; and when he didn't was fired.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
Looks like the Ben & Jerry's guy from "City Slickers."

DCxBGPPXsAA1pHH.jpg

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Why would you be a Bears season ticket holder if you were a fan of another team? You would be missing most of your own teams games whether in person or on TV due to being at random Bears games.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why would you be a Bears season ticket holder if you were a fan of another team? You would be missing most of your own teams games whether in person or on TV due to being at random Bears games.

Guess you don't know what the word "most" means.

On top of that, you're assuming he would attend all 8 of the games, and not sell any.

Just a bad post from you... again

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
"It’s been awhile since anyone wearing Packers colors has been successfully kept from doing whatever they want on Soldier Field."

hot damn, that hurts..

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Guess you don't know what the word "most" means.

On top of that, you're assuming he would attend all 8 of the games, and not sell any.

Just a bad post from you... again

Why do you keep following me around? I am such a nice guy, I would even buy you a Sapporo at Bears TC. Yet, you keep digging at me.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Why do you keep following me around? I am such a nice guy, I would even buy you a Sapporo at Bears TC. Yet, you keep digging at me.

Start typing out posts that make sense, and your problems will magically disappear. It's crazy how that works.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Years ago, I bought tickets for Bears-Packers through the Bears...not only did I pay an excessive amount of Illinois/Chicago 'taxes' and Bears organization 'fees', I was also forced to purchase end of year Bears-Jets tickets as well as a preseason game. I skipped the preseason game and couldn't even give the tickets away to anyone who wanted to go...attended the Bears-Packers game...then completely forgot that I had Bears-Jets tickets, but I wouldn't have gone anyways. Just an incredible screwing over the consumer by the Bears organization. At least with season tickets, you're guaranteed a few regular season games that you or other people might actually want to attend.

Did you end up getting Bears season tickets?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I thought this was going to be about the poster Packer Fan.

I won't pretend I'm not mildly disappointed.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
It's a private venue. They should be able to deny or restrict. I see bars all the time denying gang members and bikers for wearing their colors

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is this schtick? Packers season ticket waiting list is like 670,000 people...if you were magically given the option to buy Packers season tickets, would you say "no thanks"? The normal person would buy Packers season tickets, attend the Packers-Bears game, then sell the other 7 game tickets to pay for the season tickets and turn a tidy profit.

But then you'd be missing most of the Bears games? Did you even think this through?

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
It’s been awhile since anyone wearing Packers colors has been successfully kept from doing whatever they want on Soldier Field.

it's only human to laugh at this

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Is this schtick? Packers season ticket waiting list is like 670,000 people...if you were magically given the option to buy Packers season tickets, would you say "no thanks"? The normal person would buy Packers season tickets, attend the Packers-Bears game, then sell the other 7 game tickets to pay for the season tickets and turn a tidy profit.

You can buy individual packers tix for dirt cheap. Twice as cheap as any Bears game. I went to Packers - Giants NFC Championship in 2007 with my Packers fan buddy and sat at the 45 yard line 8 rows up. Some of the best seats in the house. Both tix were 600 each. 600 doesn't even get you in the 100 level for any Bears game, even in the endzone. And that's a regular season game.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

When I moved to Chicago I put my name on the Bears Season Ticket list. Just to get Packers/Bears tickets. Planned to sell the rest. Then when they introduced the PSL I was offered tickets but that was a lot more than I wanted to pay. But I don't think it's crazy if you live in the area to get tickets. I would enjoy rooting against the Bears if the Packers weren't playing at the same time.