Close
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Right, cause they always were like that...oh wait...they weren't and built this up. Ta Da! Do you finally see the "light"?

Bull crap. THe Dodgers have been contending for very long time. So have the Red Sox. I see reality. You do not. You are mesmerized by the Cubs, sorry to say, bub.

All of baseball is pretty weakly balanced right now. And hey we have the good owner with Hahn getting support. As mentioned, I worry about Kenny. If he's not 100% on board with this plan, trouble is afoot.

Are you related to Reinny? Must be. You might be the only fan in CHicago to call this carp a good owner
    FTFY

No real sports fan of a team goes, I hate my owner, I'm not going to support the team. Just an awful thought.
    Wow. So blind love for a terrible owner like Reinny defines a good fan? I must not have gotten the memo. Glad that i missed it,

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Boston has an empty farm outside of Devers. So Q won't go there, but Frazier could go there for a guy like Travis and say Chavis. The Red Sox Farm is darn near depleted.
    Travis is a possibility and they have a good power hitting 3B/OF in 2A who is also a possibility.

Right, cause they always were like that...oh wait...they weren't and built this up. Ta Da! Do you finally see the "light"?

All of baseball is pretty weakly balanced right now. And hey we have the good owner with Hahn getting support. As mentioned, I worry about Kenny. If he's not 100% on board with this plan, trouble is afoot.

FTFY

No real sports fan of a team goes, I hate my owner, I'm not going to support the team. Just an awful thought.
    You were obviously never a Chicago Blackhawks fan....

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diehardfan For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    Wow. So blind love for a terrible owner like Reinny defines a good fan? I must not have gotten the memo. Glad that i missed it,
    Yes, that is exactly what I described. Buehler? Anyone? Buehler?
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Diehardfan View Post
    They still sold out IIRC, even with the hatred of Daddy Wirtz
    Hidden Content

They still sold out IIRC, even with the hatred of Daddy Wirtz
    I don't know what IIRC is but as late as 2005/06 and 2006/07 their were more empty seats than full ones....sure, they averaged maybe 12,000 in sales but there were night when there were less than 5,000 in there with all the no shows. There were many other years as well....insistence on blacking out all home games just killed them. If they were very good then that was a different story but at that time they hadn't won a Cup since 1961. Enough said.

The old guy passed...Rocky took over...hired McDonough...let Tallon build the team and put every game on TV. They've been selling out ever since.

The right owner can make a difference.

I don't know what IIRC is but as late as 2005/06 and 2006/07 their were more empty seats than full ones....sure, they averaged maybe 12,000 in sales but there were night when there were less than 5,000 in there with all the no shows. There were many other years as well....insistence on blacking out all home games just killed them. If they were very good then that was a different story but at that time they hadn't won a Cup since 1961. Enough said.

The old guy passed...Rocky took over...hired McDonough...let Tallon build the team and put every game on TV. They've been selling out ever since.

Sure, but as you said, winning cures the ills.
    Hidden Content

So any rumors other then brewers want q?

Yes, that is exactly what I described. Buehler? Anyone? Buehler?
    You think that you are the definition of a good fan and I am not? Hilarious. A person that spends good money to watch a show of anykind that he or she knows is bad is just stupid. Flounder? Anyone? Flounder?

Well stated. Rocky Wirtz is the definition of a great team owner while his father was the direct opposite. Hopefully, Reinny's son will be much better than his father.

Absolutely. There were many empty seats in the old stadium and empty seats mean less revenue. Frankly I do not know why Reinny doesn't give the seats away when he knows that walk up sales are not going to occur. Give them to schools as a fan gesture. To senior citizens clubs. Etc. Hell, he'd at least get merchandise and concessions revenue from it as well as creating some positive community support.

Sure, but as you said, winning cures the ills.
    A good owner hires good people and also spends money in the right places to build a winning team. Reinny has the money to spend but will not and it has cost him. He also let one of the best coaches in the NBA go and then insulted him on the way out. Now what does he have? One of the worst teams in basketball and a dufus for a coach. I wouldn't doubt that despite the good job that he has done since taking over for Williams, that he lets Hahn go or Hahn himself will leave out of frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by BEARZOMBIE View Post
    So any rumors other then brewers want q?
    THe Red Sox, Braves, Dodgers, Yankees, and Houston are all rumored to be interested but Hahn is holding his cards right and rightly so. I think that if he goes, it'll be to the Dodgers or Houston who have the prospects to offer.

Absolutely. There were many empty seats in the old stadium and empty seats mean less revenue. Frankly I do not know why Reinny doesn't give the seats away when he knows that walk up sales are not going to occur. Give them to schools as a fan gesture. To senior citizens clubs. Etc. Hell, he'd at least get merchandise and concessions revenue from it as well as creating some positive community support.
    Your right. That is incredibly stupid. He could easily make up the loss of seat revenue on parking and concessions and then get glad handed as a great and generous owner as a bonus.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Diehardfan For This Useful Post:

Nice return. Schwarber may be available and cheaper than mega by a long shot by the time the sox come around.
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

Saw this talk.

If its going to be Frazier AND Robertson AND Kanyle then we better be getting back like fricking Sanchez or something!!

I assume we aren't getting Sanchez or Judge, so who do they have in farm that would be clearing our shelves?
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    Saw this talk.

If its going to be Frazier AND Robertson AND Kanyle then we better be getting back like fricking Sanchez or something!!

I assume we aren't getting Sanchez or Judge, so who do they have in farm that would be clearing our shelves?
    They don't and if they give up Kanyle for anyone in that farm system they are idiots.

Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar

Blake Rutherford... and they certainly aren't "idiots" for doing this...

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playthrough2001 For This Useful Post:

You can't fucking do that. It completely alienates your season ticket base which is the main driver of attendance revenue.

Clippard is devastated to come here but Yankees wanted to off-set some of the cash.

I suppose he will be traded with Melky, maybe Shields and hopefully they stop there with just the rest of the aging vets.

I love this trade. We moved off expendable pieces and got three nice kids back. I think Clippard will be given every chance to be the closer and get traded off in the next 12 days.

Hahn has to be GM of the year. There is no other logical choice. He took a bottom 5 farm and made it the best in the game.
    Hidden Content

27. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast