Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;CoFu-kPTLT4]https://youtu.be/CoFu-kPTLT4?t=29[/video]

My thoughts on this game

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
Wow!! Talk about a stressfull 9th inning!!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Great ..now the closer Davis is going to suck in 2nd half when we get good starts

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Look, I get that you get disproportionaly upset when the Cubs play mediocre baseball, I think that's why some of us bristle at your posts at times. You shine a light on some negativity that the rest of us try to tamp down. Personally I look for the positive as much as I can because, well, life is too fucking short. Here though it's like you're anticipating bad happening. Has Davis not earned a bad night, especially when it resulted in really no harm no foul and his eighteenth consecutive save? I often wonder if baseball is fun for you at all. Like the great Warren Zevon said as he was dying "enjoy every sandwich".

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
So tonight's starter for the Braves is Sean Newcomb a 24 year old 6'5" 255 lb lefty with some great natural stuff. I really like Newcomb and have followed him since his days in the Angels system. He hasn't put it all together yet but he's a big, strong lefty who will remind you of a young Jon Lester at times particularly his large frame. Don't be fooled by his ERA, his FIP is 3.48 even if his xFIP is 4.18. That discrepancy is mainly due to a high BB/9 of 3.98 which is actually an improvement over some of his years in MiLB. His FB is strictly a 4 seamer with nice movement and he throws a slider, curve and the occasional changeup. If he's going to be a top lefty in this league though he either needs another pitch or develop the curve or slider to a much greater degree. I think he will as he is really so young. The key for the Cubs is to work the counts. He will walk you and he struggles with FB command and the curve can get away from him at times. Make him throw a lot of pitches and be patient. They can get to this guy but free swingers could make him look better than he is at this point of his career.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Look, I get that you get disproportionaly upset when the Cubs play mediocre baseball, I think that's why some of us bristle at your posts at times. You shine a light on some negativity that the rest of us try to tamp down. Personally I look for the positive as much as I can because, well, life is too fucking short. Here though it's like you're anticipating bad happening. Has Davis not earned a bad night, especially when it resulted in really no harm no foul and his eighteenth consecutive save? I often wonder if baseball is fun for you at all. Like the great Warren Zevon said as he was dying "enjoy every sandwich".

He's Chief Whiner of the CCS. Stop whining, everyone knows he will blow one at some point, he's not a machine....so man up and get over it.

no-whining-2x1.gif

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Just saw a film clip of Hendricks from last night....looked very good. Wasn't a long clip so I don't know if his FB was hitting 90 but his control looked excellent. His return should set up the rotation nicely the rest of the way. Just need Lackey to do his usual 3-4 runs over 6-7 innings...which would be acceptable for your #5.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Just saw a film clip of Hendricks from last night....looked very good. Wasn't a long clip so I don't know if his FB was hitting 90 but his control looked excellent. His return should set up the rotation nicely the rest of the way. Just need Lackey to do his usual 3-4 runs over 6-7 innings...which would be acceptable for your #5.

I read he was throwing 87-89 which is where he needs to be. Another source said low 80's but that seems to have be debunked. Hendricks is the key to this season.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Theo in the post Quintana trade interview mentioned there is a chance for more trades to supplement the team for this year but it comes down to how the team performs the next 2 weeks (before the trade deadline). 3-0 (Brewers lost 2 in a row) thus far, keep it rolling as I like to see what else Theo has in mind next.

If he does it would be for control vs expiring.

The BP needs a legit set up. Add to it they lack control over Wade and Urahara. That leaves Edwards and Rondon as your 8-9 with no bargaining power. Now it seems that they are pushing the fast forward on Maples. Which in itself is fine but you don't hang your hat on that.

Now if they do make a trade I would hope it for a proven closer with control. If they don't then I'm thinking that they might have a lock on extending Wade. Which would be a better investment long term. Then you can mix Edwards and Maples in the 7-8 which becomes entertaining viewing

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Guys that are expendable

Candelero.
Clifton
DJ Wilson
Then the 3 MI

Alozay in the right deal

Now the only guy that they should trade is Candy. He has no gig here. If they can flip him for a MR in the offseason then it would make sense. But in himself he holds little value.

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Fair enough. You think Theo will trade assets from the farm or major league level? If he gets a good return would not surprise me if Schwarber is dealt to an AL team looking for an everyday DH.

Schwarber is a decent fit with the A's but I don't think he gets Gray straight up and I don't do it otherwise and even then I might say no. I really don't want to trade him at all but if the brass gets to that point there might be a deal to be made for Archer in the offseason. They've always wanted Baez but would they take Schwarber and Russell? If so I think about that, again IF Theo has already gone there is in his head which is a huge if considering he has repeatedly said that Schwarber's ceiling is that of the best hitter on the team.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Lol..
Wow..
Was just a comment made in heat of moment.. you all
Don't really think Davis sucks or is going to suck..

Sometimes we just throw comments out there on here like were sitting next to each other yapping about the current game and or situation.
In the in game thread.

So relax.. I'm all in with Wade Davis
Far from giving up on him

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Theo in the post Quintana trade interview mentioned there is a chance for more trades to supplement the team for this year but it comes down to how the team performs the next 2 weeks (before the trade deadline). 3-0 (Brewers lost 2 in a row) thus far, keep it rolling as I like to see what else Theo has in mind next.
Probably to just upgrade the bullpen more then anything else..

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
How much whining about him posting his opinion does it take to make you guys hypocrites?

He doesn't get called on it very often. He's part of the forum and we accept that. His opinions are no less valid than mine or anyone else's but, that said, it does get old. I think I've commented about his viewpoint 3-5 times this season. That's not excessive. Honestly I kind of feel bad that chibears55 seems to only enjoy the game when his team is winning. I enjoy the game every single day, win or lose, rain or shine. I love baseball and everything about it. I'm human so I get frustrated but it's a game and I get over it. Again chibears55 is part of this community and I think most of us like him, as much as you can someone on the internet, but once in awhile people will call him out. I think he can take it and I don't find any hypocrisy in that.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
He's Chief Whiner of the CCS. Stop whining, everyone knows he will blow one at some point, he's not a machine....so man up and get over it.

no-whining-2x1.gif

I like the fact that he has chosen games where we had a large lead to "blow one". We still got the W's.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
How much whining about him posting his opinion does it take to make you guys hypocrites?

Nobody is whining about him. They are replying to him, and keeping it mature.

Why are people always looking for a fight?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
As much as I don't care for Lackey, I'm starting to believe he going no where..

So, we need him to finish strong the rest of way..

His last 7 starts he had 4 good ones and 3 bad ones..

Hopefully he keeps the positive run going tonight with the rotation and has a good start..

Need at least 6 good ones out of him tonight..

chibears55

Liked Posts:
He doesn't get called on it very often. He's part of the forum and we accept that. His opinions are no less valid than mine or anyone else's but, that said, it does get old. I think I've commented about his viewpoint 3-5 times this season. That's not excessive. Honestly I kind of feel bad that chibears55 seems to only enjoy the game when his team is winning. I enjoy the game every single day, win or lose, rain or shine. I love baseball and everything about it. I'm human so I get frustrated but it's a game and I get over it. Again chibears55 is part of this community and I think most of us like him, as much as you can someone on the internet, but once in awhile people will call him out. I think he can take it and I don't find any hypocrisy in that.
Lol..
I don't take anything personal on here, even the insults that some try to throw at me..
I simply ignore them

Words are words..means nothing,especially on here

I enjoy watching games TC, even when the lose ..
If not, I would never of been a cubs fan all these years... since 1978

Yea I probably get a little aggravated on here, when I see a very good bunch of players play like crap and look mediocre but overall it's just a game and a sport that I love..
I just vent my frustration on here and then move on ...lol

Ok... now let move on