Donator
Liked Posts:
Uhhhhh.......congratulations....

giphy.gif

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How quickly things go from strength of the team to a realization that this group is old and injury prone outside of Floyd. It is what it is gents.

Bro...Floyd had multiple concussions in his first season...

multiple concussions per season is the absolute worst kind of injury prone.
All we got is the Fisherman.

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thank you.

Now, let's hope they cut his worthless ass.
Why would they cut a good player? That's dumb.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Why would they cut a good player? That's dumb.

LOL...

When you say "good", you mean "kinda crappy when he's not injured except for a game or 2"?

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL...

When you say "good", you mean "kinda crappy when he's not injured except for a game or 2"?
No. I mean good. He's a good player. It's not impossible to be good and injury prone.

Bottom line. Cutting him makes no sense. Hell be ready for week 1. Problem is he'll be hurt by week 10. But realistically, it won't matter anyway.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
No. I mean good. He's a good player. It's not impossible to be good and injury prone.

Bottom line. Cutting him makes no sense. Hell be ready for week 1. Problem is he'll be hurt by week 10. But realistically, it won't matter anyway.

No. he's not even "good".

When he's healthy, he still plays less than half the downs.

With regards to why you get rid of a guy with chronic knee issues, in addition to his inferior play, the team will also save 8 million agaisnt the cap.

Any unused cap can be rolled over to the next year. There is (to my knowledge) no limit to the amount you can roll to the next season.

Cut chronically injured player, save $8Mil in cash and cap, roll it into 2018 when the team will hopefully be much more improved and adding FA talent will be worthwhile

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

With regards to why you get rid of a guy with chronic knee issues, in addition to his inferior play, the team will also save 8 million agaisnt the cap.

Any unused cap can be rolled over to the next year. There is (to my knowledge) no limit to the amount you can roll to the next season.

Cut chronically injured player, save $8Mil in cash and cap, roll it into 2018 when the team will hopefully be much more improved and adding FA talent will be worthwhile
If you can't even acknowledge he's good when he plays then this discussion doesn't need to continue. Night Mongo.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

You cut him if you have a better option. I don't know if the Bears do at OLB.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well? Who is it? Who is laughing now?

The ravens, me, anyone one who has a brane...

It was pretty obvious when he came here that he had at most a year left in the tank.. meatballs just didn't wanna believe it

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Well, I am assuming he is healthy enough to play this year. If not, than that's an easy decision.

Agreed. But let's look at facts as well:

--Blew up his knees with the Ravens.

--Blew up his knee 2015 with Bears ended season injured.

--Got "scoped" way before 2016 camp. Did not come back till week 7. (Remember when Hampton would get scoped at half time and make it on the field to start the 3Q?)

--2 sacks in last 6 games played last year.

--He has been resting the knees for 7+ months. Still bad. Couple more not going to change that.

--He's been to 1 practice.

--The knee now has an "anomaly" that put him on PUP. May need surgery to fix.

--IF he does play this year, will be very limited (used as a situational player)

--Getting paid 8 mil this year if he is not cut.

--3rd highest paid player on the entire team

--If we cut him, we can roll that cap to next year when we are hopefully making an upturn as a team

It's time to let him go.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Video-McPhee-yells-at-Jay-Cutler-Bears--e1474349849431.jpg

This is all he will be remembered for in Bears uniform

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Agreed. But let's look at facts as well:

--Blew up his knees with the Ravens.

--Blew up his knee 2015 with Bears ended season injured.

--Got "scoped" way before 2016 camp. Did not come back till week 7. (Remember when Hampton would get scoped at half time and make it on the field to start the 3Q?)

--2 sacks in last 6 games played last year.

--He has been resting the knees for 7+ months. Still bad. Couple more not going to change that.

--He's been to 1 practice.

--The knee now has an "anomaly" that put him on PUP. May need surgery to fix.

--IF he does play this year, will be very limited (used as a situational player)

--Getting paid 8 mil this year if he is not cut.

--3rd highest paid player on the entire team

--If we cut him, we can roll that cap to next year when we are hopefully making an upturn as a team

It's time to let him go.

You might be right. We shall see if and how he plays preseason.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
You might be right. We shall see if and how he plays preseason.

I've definitely been wrong before.

But this time I'm not.

Again... Ravens with two aging OLB's on their roster, let him walk...They also got a compensation pick for him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

He's without a doubt a good player when healthy, there's not even a question about that.

BigJ52

Liked Posts:

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/bears-lb-pernell-mcphee-undergoes-arthroscopic-knee-surgery/

Bears linebacker Pernell McPhee had arthroscopic surgery on right knee today.

Coach John Fox downplayed the severity of the procedure, calling it “literally a clean up.”

The team had previously announced Thursday that McPhee would start the season on the physically unable to perform list. There is no timeline to return.

McPhee didn’t complete his physical on Wednesday and complained of knee pain. Fox said team doctors “found a little irregularity” in his right knee Thursday, which is not the same knee that caused McPhee to start last year’s training camp on the PUP list.

McPhee had lost 10 pounds between January and April to take pressure off his knees, bringing his total weight loss to about 25 pounds since the end of 2015.

In other injury news, running back Jeremy Langford rolled an ankle in last night’s walk-through and was held out from practice Friday.

Follow me on Twitter @patrickfinley.
Email: pfinley@suntimes.com