Glennon, yall are quick with the picthforks

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I can't speak for anyone else but I watched Glennon in Tampa and thought he was trash. I didn't believe that sitting on the bench would make him better and the early results haven't done anything to change my opinion. The best part of the signing is that it appeared to have convinced those outside the organization that the Bears were not in the market for a QB early which may have helped landing Trubisky.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know you're absolutely right and I'm afraid that after Trubisky has a bad game in one of his first few RS games people are going to turn the shit on him.

I mean just look at the way people on here talk about Cutler. They act as if he was terrible and a bottom 3 qb in the league when he was with the Bears. In reality Cutler was a middle of the road top 15 QB in his best years and bottom 7-8 QB in his worst years.

you just fucked up never ever ever say anything that could possibly be mistaken for a compliment of cutler

Sparks500

Liked Posts:
All Glennon had to do was go out and look competent, it was vanilla o vs vanilla d, and he shit the bed. He better come out gangbusters Saturday, or the torches and pitchforks will be out.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just don't understand what Glennon brings to the table at this point. Both Mike and Mith have been in THIS offense for an equal amount of time. Trubisky proved that the game wasn't to big for him. The OLine looked good and with Trubisky's awareness and athleticism I am not one bit concerned that he will be hit like a rag doll ala David Carr or Jay Cutler. Trubisky should be starting the rest of the preseason with the 1's. If he is going to make mistakes now is the time.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't speak for anyone else but I watched Glennon in Tampa and thought he was trash.

Indeed . . . Bear fans were sold a bill of goods - a gawky, weak-armed, long-necked one - by "If I'm Lyin' I'm" Ryan Pace on this one . . .

. . . Mike "Glen or" Glennon won't start six games . . .

Sid.Luckman

Drunk
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you look up 2017 QB salary ranking Glennon comes in at 22 right between Tyrod Taylor and Jay Cutler. That is not overspending on an NFL starting QB. Add to that the fact that the Bears had a ton of cap space at the time, he was the best QB on the free agent market, the Bears are still around $20 million under the cap, they don't have to start a rookie, if he is even serviceable they can trade him for a pick in the offseason, and he is not Jay Cutler and this was a smart move by Pace. That said if Glennon stinks up the field the rest of preseason it is a high price for a back up but since they had the space and it only cost them money.... meh. You are simply not going to find a FA franchise QB on the open market. Unless the guy is really good this year he is nothing more than a placeholder.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Glennon ridiculous contract made us miss out on good players. If it wasn't for drafting trubisky you would be looking at a team with a shit direction. Pitchforks now? Anyone with half a brain laughed at that contract day one
No it didn't. Bears still have money to burn and are way under the cap.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
We should be rooting for him instead of tar and feathering is trapezoid deficient body.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
You know you're absolutely right and I'm afraid that after Trubisky has a bad game in one of his first few RS games people are going to turn the shit on him.

I mean just look at the way people on here talk about Cutler. They act as if he was terrible and a bottom 3 qb in the league when he was with the Bears. In reality Cutler was a middle of the road top 15 QB in his best years and bottom 7-8 QB in his worst years.
Er no. The issue was that people were acting like Cutler was Tom Brady, and those of us who dared to say he was a middle of the road QB got shit on...

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
The Bears would have had to outbid the Pats by a couple mil to get him here. Why would he pass on a chance for a ring to come here?
What Zombie is missing is the change in FA Philosophy from regimes past. He thinks we aren't signing people because we don't have $, when really Pace just doesn't believe in overspending on FA talent. If Pace can't get a guy at his price, he'll do without and just draft.

Legaeveth

Liked Posts:
So, Glennon who has been in the league for years and did nothing should be given chances as you state? You can't throw money up and say well since we are paying him way more then he deserves he should be given a chance. We just got done doing the same thing with Cutlers contract we have no problem throwing away money at garbage players we seem to have a history of doing this.

There is a reason why no other team wanted Glennon and there is a reason why Tampa Bay had him riding the bench. It's because he's no good. Now I understand to some extent why we picked him up its the same reason why we picked up a kicker who has issues hitting short field goals. We seem to give horrible players way more chances then players who have been proven year in and year out to be a much better player. Look at Robbie Gould he's the perfect example.

Yes its preseason and its time to show up or get benched and so far all we have seen is Glennon who looked like he should be riding the pine. I do hope he can show something but if he doesn't I don't want us to once again put out a player who should be benched over someone who should be starting rookie or no rookie. Rookie QB's are quite capable of starting off in the NFL. So far he's shown more poise then any other QB on our roster.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you look up 2017 QB salary ranking Glennon comes in at 22 right between Tyrod Taylor and Jay Cutler. That is not overspending on an NFL starting QB. Add to that the fact that the Bears had a ton of cap space at the time, he was the best QB on the free agent market, the Bears are still around $20 million under the cap, they don't have to start a rookie, if he is even serviceable they can trade him for a pick in the offseason, and he is not Jay Cutler and this was a smart move by Pace. That said if Glennon stinks up the field the rest of preseason it is a high price for a back up but since they had the space and it only cost them money.... meh. You are simply not going to find a FA franchise QB on the open market. Unless the guy is really good this year he is nothing more than a placeholder.

Glennon is only a reasonably priced starting QB if he actually becomes a starting QB. While I don't care that they signed Glennon since it didn't really affect the cap space, he will more than likely become a grossly overpaid back up QB fairly soon. While I understand why Pace made the move, i don't understand how people could think it was a bargain.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I get why Glennon is here but what I don't get is why they spent so much money when a guy like Sanchez could have done the same thing at a fraction of the cost. A proxy should not cost you 18 million....even in this day and age.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Indeed . . . Bear fans were sold a bill of goods - a gawky, weak-armed, long-necked one - by "If I'm Lyin' I'm" Ryan Pace on this one . . .

. . . Mike "Glen or" Glennon won't start six games . . .

You are so irrelevant it hurts.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Tyrod was starting QB last year and has some upside, and Jay is a veteran starting QB. I thought the story was Glennon is a backup QB that Pace overpaid to fool the rest of the owners so that he could have a better chance to draft Trubisky.

Now that we have Trubisky why are we still pretending that Glennon is a starting QB? Did Pace not explain the plan to Fox? Do they not want to hurt Glennons's feelings? Trubisky need the snaps with the 1's to gain experience Glennon is blocking his development.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are so irrelevant it hurts.

After reading his posts...

giphy.gif

Reactions: DC

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think anyone in the Bears organization is afraid to start or play either Glennon or Trubisky. I think they hope Glennon can play well enough to keep MT on the bench. I think they hoped, and likely thought, that he would be a reasonable placeholder while MT observed for a year. If Trubisky is ready and Glennon is really bad, I think MT starts earlier in the year than many suspected. There is more preseason football so anything could happen. It is a double edged sword: If Glennon plays poorly then MT starts earlier than the Bears wanted. If MT has to play then he is getting the experience that he needs. If MT plays really well the Bears made a solid choice and over-paid for a back-up QB. And if that is the case, so what? They hit on a QB and he exceeded their expectations. Not the end of the world since, as noted before, the Bears are not in salary cap hell.

Sid.Luckman

Drunk
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glennon is only a reasonably priced starting QB if he actually becomes a starting QB. While I don't care that they signed Glennon since it didn't really affect the cap space, he will more than likely become a grossly overpaid back up QB fairly soon. While I understand why Pace made the move, i don't understand how people could think it was a bargain.

Don't get me wrong, if he ends up being a backup QB then I completely agree that he overpaid. However, after waiting several years for Cutler to pull his head out of his ass I was happy to see the Bears go in a different direction. As he was signed to be the starting QB I am just saying that his contract is not terrible or even that bad. I do think Pace was planning to draft Tribs but Glennon was his insurance policy in case the Browns drafted him at #1. That said, if Glennon plays bad and becomes the backup QB rather than the starter, I will completely agree that it was a bad signing but even then it is not terrible as it was just money to get him and the Bears had plenty and still do.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

its a bargain looking at the big picture
what do you think is the better bargain?

A) sign Glennon for 19m guaranteed and draft MT using an extra 3rd and 4th round pick.

or

B) do not sign glennon and get in a bidding war for MT because everyone knows we are going QB and give up next years 1st round this years 2nd and 3rd round picks.

big picture people..

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

The thing is, if Glennon hits the bench he'll only be an overpaid backup for one season -- then he'll be a 4.5 mil FA in 2018. I've been against bringing him in for several years, ever since people on here started talking about trading for him. I don't think he has what it takes to be anything more than a spot-starter when someone else goes down or a placeholder. But, that's pretty much what they brought him in to be and they can send him packing next season for a pittance.

As for the OP, there is nothing quick about my judgement of Glennon; as mentioned, I've had a low opinion of him for quite some time. Trub should start as soon as he has the playbook down and enough comfort under center to not trip over himself. There is no point to artificially stunting his development by sitting there and watching Glennon stink it up.