Plant based diet in the NFL

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was diagnosed with UC last year, the reason I made the switch was because I have found lots of evidence that shows that a vegan diet is very effective at remission.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of symptoms did you have before your diagnosis? (Same for Myk). I've had recurring horrible lower abdominal pains every few weeks for the last 3 months and some very dodgy bowel issues. I've read a lot about the two main IBD diseases recently and a lot of the symptoms I've had seem to match.

AussieBear

I was diagnosed with UC last year, the reason I made the switch was because I have found lots of evidence that shows that a vegan diet is very effective at remission.

long term... a vegan diet is a vitamin deficient way to go and can lead to sum dem healf issues.. need supplements to sustain.. short term be good dough

veg/shellfish da 100.. or veg/shellfish and liver...

oh and sum starch eh

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you don't mind me asking, what kind of symptoms did you have before your diagnosis? (Same for Myk). I've had recurring horrible lower abdominal pains every few weeks for the last 3 months and some very dodgy bowel issues. I've read a lot about the two main IBD diseases recently and a lot of the symptoms I've had seem to match.

My understanding is the only real way to get this properly diagnosed is a colonoscopy, which I had my first one ever last year, and other than the day/night before, really is not that bad.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Is there? I certainly didn't make such a claim. Obviously if you have a health condition you have to modify your diet to what works. I don't do well with apples either. Had a similar or worse reaction with sugar free gum, and I figured sorbitol was the culprit. Who knows.

The greater good for the planet, generally healthier, etc. I'm skeptical of any such (science) claims, people are so hung up on food it's hard not to have bias enter into it (and then you get into corporate funding).

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My understanding is the only real way to get this properly diagnosed is a colonoscopy, which I had my first one ever last year, and other than the day/night before, really is not that bad.

My pains have coincided with an occasional nasty taste in my mouth and now a swelling feeling in my throat. I know Crohn's can attack anywhere on the GI system from in-hole to out-hole (whereas UC is just the large intestine), so I wondered if it might be that. I have a good friend with Crohn's but I haven't had any of the bleeding she had. I dunno, I guess I better get in and get it checked out.

AussieBear

My pains have coincided with an occasional nasty taste in my mouth and now a swelling feeling in my throat. I know Crohn's can attack anywhere on the GI system from in-hole to out-hole (whereas UC is just the large intestine), so I wondered if it might be that. I have a good friend with Crohn's but I haven't had any of the bleeding she had. I dunno, I guess I better get in and get it checked out.

gerd?? acid reflux????

AussieBear

The whole "its good for the environment" thing bothers me. You know what would be REALLY good for the environment? About 90% less humans.

look round nm.. see all that empty space... plenty of room...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The whole "its good for the environment" thing bothers me. You know what would be REALLY good for the environment? About 90% less humans.

Agreed. But that's really the same argument, isn't it?

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
gerd?? acid reflux????

Not with the abdomen pain. The first go-around I thought it was food poisoning or a bladder infection because the pain was excruciating in the very lower abdomen, about halfway between naval and cock base. It went away so I figured it was just a bug. But then it's come back for a couple of days roughly once every 3-4 weeks since.

AussieBear

Not with the abdomen pain. The first go-around I thought it was food poisoning or a bladder infection because the pain was excruciating in the very lower abdomen, about halfway between naval and cock base. It went away so I figured it was just a bug. But then it's come back for a couple of days roughly once every 3-4 weeks since.

i know dat acid can cause abdominal pain.. just not that low... yeah best to get dat checked out..

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
i know dat acid can cause abdominal pain.. just not that low... yeah best to get dat checked out..

I will, as soon as I can think of a medically acceptable synonym for cock base.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:

Working on it.

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:

Your best bet is to get that colonoscopy, its scary but its best to get it done.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Slight but continual bleeding at 49, which convinced me I had colon cancer so I quit smoking, bleeding got worse, bleeding got really bad when I quit nicotine. I bled continually that whole summer (stayed off cigarettes & nicotine) until I was diagnosed, put on meds and went back on nicotine in ecigs.

I think I had it as a baby but diagnostics weren't there to find it back then, blamed food allergies. I may have been diagnosed at 14, the Dr said "colitis" but not Ulcerative Colitis or IBD, although prescribed Lomotil/Imodium for life. Age 20 Dr said it was all in my head, still no colonoscopy. I ignored some pretty major bleeding issues as hemorrhoids after that but they were all short lived. I learned to ignore the pain blaming it on anxiety "all in my head". Xanax worked on the pain when I got that so I really though it was all in my head (turns out Xanax works on much IBD pain).
All my pain spots were confirmed as inflammation points with a colonoscopy.

At 49 Drs almost blew me off again but I was close enough to the age 50 colonoscopy. It said long term damage that showed treatment (that I never had, marijuana? smoking?) that was stopped. First diagnosed with Crohn's, a week later after upper tests Ulcerative Colitis, then Indeterminate Colitis for a few years. My last colonoscopy changed it back to Crohn's, very inflamed but my GI and I were both expecting to find remission, so there doesn't have to be blood or pain to have inflammation (that was however when I had the radish incident, same spot so inflamed Dr couldn't get scope through).
Blockage pain is horrible and builds fast, you would want to go to the ER it's so bad. Mine was partial so when it blew through the pain relief was fast.

You don't need to see blood but if you do that's reason to definitely go to a Dr.
How long has it been since the diet change? Vegetables can cause pain and dodgy bowels even in normal people. If the pain is always in the same spot that would make it more likely to be inflammation, if it moves I'd blame the vegetables. If you recently quit smoking I'd be thinking UC, and mention that connection to the Dr, not all know about it.
Blood, I'd definitely go to a Dr. The way you describe the pain I'd probably see a Dr. Near age 50, I'd get a colonoscopy early just to see what the pain is about.

I highly recommend Desitin (the baby water barrier diaper rash stuff) around your anus for the cleanout. Desitin and a bidet make it not so bad other than the diarrhea from hell, but just the Desitin without the bidet helps.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Crohn's doesn't always produce blood. The odds of inflammation stomach and above are low (doesn't mean you aren't the lucky ones).
They told me inflammation in my stomach when I woke up so I was convinced I was getting changed to Crohn's. I was changed but they aren't blaming that inflammation on Crohn's.

I get pain there. Hard to say if that's small intestine or large without knowing your layout. My large usually rides low so I blame that pain on it.

I will, as soon as I can think of a medically acceptable synonym for cock base.

Pelvic bone?