Close
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 67 to 81 of 81
  1. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who is this? Josh Donaldson from the Blue Jays? How is he at all relevant to the White Sox?

    Can you stop mentioning the need for left handed hitters? You just need hitters that perform well against right handed pitching.

    Finally not even close to having a major league rotation? Not sure what game you are watching, but having Rodon, Giolito, Lopez is a good start. Our starting rotation next year will be middle of the pack (10-20th) and that's only going to improve.

    I suggest less Jerry hating and more paying attention to the team you claim to support.
    I suggest that you stop being a damn smart ass. I meant to say Davidson which you already knew but being the child that you are you resorted to an insult. You do not know crap about the need for balancing a line-up. You say that this team will be middle of the pack in their starting rotation. Based on what? If Rodan is your "ace" then you do not have a good rotation right at the onset. Rodan is right now a 4th or fifth pitcher in a good rotation. The rest of these guys? All of them are "PROSPECTS". Half of these guys will not make it. That is the pure truth of it.

  2. A message from our sponsors.


    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.


  3. #68
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,537
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Do you know any of the players on the team and how to spell them? Hitting coach, starting pitcher, 3b/1b/dh? 0 for 3.

    Seriously, we need a mod so folks like you when shown to be wrong on things can get "vacation trips" instead of spewing the same stuff over and over.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to brett05 For This Useful Post:


  5. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you know any of the players on the team and how to spell them? Hitting coach, starting pitcher, 3b/1b/dh? 0 for 3.

    Seriously, we need a mod so folks like you when shown to be wrong on things can get "vacation trips" instead of spewing the same stuff over and over.
    What a smart ass you are. Grow up, child. Now you want someone to ban me for mispelling a player or coaches name? You talking about the White SOx next year having a 10-15 best starting rotation is funny. Now with Rodon having serious surgery I bet that doesn't even faze you either, huh? They will just bring someone up from double A to take his place now, huh? You really think that you know more about baseball, huh? All you know is what you read and based on that do not want anyone to question your OPINION.

  6. #70
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,537
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    So The Hawk...more...blah blah blah, but a point on Rodon. Yes, he's out, back for the start of the season, perhaps as late as June 1st. Should be a full recovery. And yes, that of course changes the staff. It's an injury. Thought you might know that.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  7. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So The Hawk...more...blah blah blah, but a point on Rodon. Yes, he's out, back for the start of the season, perhaps as late as June 1st. Should be a full recovery. And yes, that of course changes the staff. It's an injury. Thought you might know that.
    Another smart ass remark. How juvenile you are. Seriously, how old are you anyway? 12? My issue is with your pollyanna assessment that somehow a basically all 3A or less pitching staff is going to be in the top 3rd of the league???? Based on what, Brett? Seriously. Based on what? Certainly not proven talent. So what is it based on? Your CHicago White Sox HOPE CHEST? The team does not have ONE proven starting pitcher. THe only one was had been proven is Shields who is a shadow of his former self. THe rest of these guys are unproven 2A and 3A players. ANd don't even get me started about how awful the projected bull-pen will be. Not a single proven guy there at all.

  8. #72
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,537
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Never said top third but hey, go with it, it works for you.

    The team is rebuilding. Please ask someone in person what that means. It will help you a lot. Seriously.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  9. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never said top third but hey, go with it, it works for you.

    The team is rebuilding. Please ask someone in person what that means. It will help you a lot. Seriously.
    You said that their starting pitching will be top 10-15 in all of baseball. As for your advice, no thank you.

  10. #74
    Monday Morning QB playthrough2001's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    United Club
    Posts
    3,115
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You said that their starting pitching will be top 10-15 in all of baseball. As for your advice, no thank you.
    Hawk, I think you do love the White Sox like the rest of us. Friendly advice (and feel free to tell me to fuck off) just try to forget the owner and watch these kids develop over the next two years. You said you're a coach so from that perspective I think you'll enjoy it. I watched almost every game in August and September and really enjoyed following Moncada, Lopez, Giolito, Anderson, Davidson, Yolmer, Delmonico and the rest of the young guys. With so many exciting young prospects still heading toward Chicago, there's a reason to be hopeful and positive. Plus, the Sox have the 4th pick and there are some really nice bats that should be there.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to playthrough2001 For This Useful Post:


  12. #75
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,537
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You said that their starting pitching will be top 10-15 in all of baseball. As for your advice, no thank you.
    ok, harp on the #10. 11-20 is middle third but hey...you are so good at being wrong, why stop now?
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  13. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ok, harp on the #10. 11-20 is middle third but hey...you are so good at being wrong, why stop now?
    I am HARPING? I threw out a general comment about how you rated the White Sox starting pitching. That was the point. Now you continue to nitpick and tell me that I am wrong? What the hell is the matter with you? You said that the White Sox starting pitching is going to be good next year. THAT is the bottom line. I say that you are really wrong in that assessment because it is not based on any evidence other than you wishing for it to happen. It certainly isn't based on past performance or experience.

    I find you childish in your little sniping at me. Why not put your big boy pants for a change and act like a grown up?

  14. #77
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,537
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    The team is short on experience at the major league level. No one but you seem to have trouble with that.

    The evidence at the major league level has been impressive albeit only about a third of a season in sample size.

    The work done in the minors is encouraging on how high the ceiling is on out pitching prospects.

    Even with the injury to Rodon I feel quite confident in the team going into 2018 with a starting rotation in the mid third and a team ready to win 75-82 games based on their strong finish.
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  15. #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by playthrough2001 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hawk, I think you do love the White Sox like the rest of us. Friendly advice (and feel free to tell me to fuck off) just try to forget the owner and watch these kids develop over the next two years. You said you're a coach so from that perspective I think you'll enjoy it. I watched almost every game in August and September and really enjoyed following Moncada, Lopez, Giolito, Anderson, Davidson, Yolmer, Delmonico and the rest of the young guys. With so many exciting young prospects still heading toward Chicago, there's a reason to be hopeful and positive. Plus, the Sox have the 4th pick and there are some really nice bats that should be there.
    Thanks for the civil comment. It is good to hear. You know. I do not begrudge anyone who likes to follow young baseball players. I've coached a shit load of kids who I have followed in my lifetime, regardless of team affiliation. I loved coaching and teaching young ball players who wanted to get better.

    The White Sox, though, are another issue with me. It is different because I just totally disagree with what they are doing. I disagree with the crap that they say they are doing because I do not believe them. But, I disagreed with their half assed approach beforehand. A series of cheap half measures in the hopes of catching lightening in a bottle, that somehow players on their down side of their careers making magical comebacks. I was sick of that shit also. The notion that I liked what Reinny did in the past was "good" in my eyes was just not true.

    There are a few good people in the White Sox organization. Bell, Steverson, Hahn, and Cooper are smart experienced baseball people. And whoever is their ambassador to South American baseball is also very good. The PROBLEM from beginning to the end in Reinsdorf. I know that you and a pretty much everyone on this board except Rask, do not want to hear it, but it is true.

    ALl that I ask is for people not to lie about this "rebuild" being so great. Don't lie about the supposed quality of the players and when they are going to be ready if ever. And don't nit pick about spelling, please

  16. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    15,983
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The team is short on experience at the major league level. No one but you seem to have trouble with that.

    The evidence at the major league level has been impressive albeit only about a third of a season in sample size.

    The work done in the minors is encouraging on how high the ceiling is on out pitching prospects.

    Even with the injury to Rodon I feel quite confident in the team going into 2018 with a starting rotation in the mid third and a team ready to win 75-82 games based on their strong finish.
    Do you realize that many of the games that they won last season were with Sales, "Q", two quality relievers, two quality outfielders, and quality 3rd baseman on their team? Next years team will not have those guys. Seven of last year's team's quality players are not going to be there next year. YOu mocked me for saying that they would be lucky to win 70 games. That is why I said it. Next years pitching staff will not be as good. Next year's outfield will be poor. 3rd base may be a wash. What Andersen does is anyone's guess. Whether they keep Abreu is another consideration because of the money required to re-sign him. If they had a good owner, it would never had gotten to where is is right now but with this owner, I think he is as good as gone. Reinny will not pay the money.

  17. #80
    Senior Member Diehardfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Western Burbs
    Posts
    5,216
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Instead of everyone firing back n forth over something that no one knows what the outcome may be....why don't you guys just let it play out and see what happens.



    Off topic....

    Hawk you might have OCD over Reinsdorf.....but I absolutely love your signature.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Diehardfan For This Useful Post:


  19. #81
    1-888-NEED-HIM brett05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Plainfield, IL
    Posts
    23,537
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you realize that many of the games that they won last season were with Sales, "Q", two quality relievers, two quality outfielders, and quality 3rd baseman on their team?
    You appear to be mixing seasons. The 2017 season we had no Sale. After trading away Quintana, Robertson, Kahnle, and Frazier the team played better than it did with those guys against better competition. In fact they played better the last two months of the season than they have since 2012. Those are the facts.

    Now will the outfield be worse? It could be however that is a long shot. 2017 was pretty bad already. However, they have Avisail to man RF. Melky was a disaster in the field, but he did have a bat to help. That bat was replaced quite nicely with Delmonico this past year. The defense was very solid in CF with Engel. I think L. Garcia will handle LF quite well and play at a level full time above replacement value. In his part time role this past season he was worth 1.2 bWAR. In fact he was better than Melky this past season who put up a .9 bWAR. Several wild cards are out there going into next season including Tilson, May, Delmonico, W. Garcia, Hansen. They really are just place holders until guys like Jimenez, Robert, and Rutherford are ready. If those guys never get to the big league club the White Sox have flexibility to trade or sign for those positions which normally are easier to fill than others.

    I agree on Anderson. He had two different halves, but if he has truly turned it around, he's a top 15 SS type.

    I agree on 3b too. I think Davidson is probably a wash with Frazier and again a place holder until Burger is ready.

    Catching you have to admit was a bit of a surprise this year on how well that turned out. Smith turned in the best batting average a White Sox catcher has ever had in his rookie season. Omar was pretty solid too. Definitely would like to see the ability to throw out runners improve, that may come with experience.

    Our Starting pitching was hot garbage in 2017 outside of Q, Giolito, and Lopez. And even Q would toss in a horrendous start at least monthly it seemed. With Giolito, Lopez, and at least to start Fulmer, those three by default almost have to be better than what we did last season. This will be Shields last season. His cost to us is only $7 million and yes, I am hoping he pitches well enough to get flipped for a lottery ticket.

    Levine wrote about Abreu. He speculated that Abreu might be on the block. It was a meatball piece that all writers write quite frequently. It was purely a space filler piece. Of course Abreu could be traded. Any of the guys could be traded. The facts are that Abreu will be past his prime offensively when the team is ready to compete again. So it would be foolish not to entertain offers. That said, I really believe the organization knows the value he has with guys like Moncada and that Abreu's intangibles might even be greater than him as a ballplayer. He's the extra coach that has the instant bond with the latino players. I think he's a lock for a 4/$60 million dollar deal that will only see maybe a year to possibly two years of ball player value, but four solid years of maturing the young players as they come up to give them the best shot at staying on the straight and narrow as he has up to this point.

    Finally Relievers. They come and go. And with the White Sox, they have a few current options, a few minor league options and will fill out the rest with FA signings. Minaya looks to be their closer. He saved 8/9 and in decisions since being promoted to closer had a 2.25 era and just under a k per 9.

    Really, how could the rebuild in under a year have gone better?
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

  20. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.



    Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •