Are the Bears preparing for a total meltdown by Bear nation if Glennon lays a turd?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even though it's pre-season... game #2, if the long necked cousin of Napoleon Dynamite comes out tomorrow night and sucks balls, the roar for Turblinski to start will be loud. Already Fox has been downplaying questions, Chicago media will keep driving that narrative. I can hear Fox's high pitched gravelly voice now, "Mike is our quarterback".

O.C.Dowell has to have a very careful script of successful play calling to help Glennon :dunno: show that Pace isn't an idiot and show the fans he's more capable than Cutler, Hoyer and Barkley.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Even though it's pre-season... game #2, if the long necked cousin of Napoleon Dynamite comes out tomorrow night and sucks balls, the roar for Turblinski to start will be loud. Already Fox has been downplaying questions, Chicago media will keep driving that narrative. I can hear Fox's high pitched gravelly voice now, "Mike is our quarterback".

O.C.Dowell has to have a very careful script of successful play calling to help Glennon :dunno: show that Pace isn't an idiot and show the fans he's more capable than Cutler, Hoyer and Barkley.
If Trubisky continues playing as he did game 1, not a single fan will give a rats ass that Pace signed Glennon to a $15M/yr contract.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I don't know about some of that, Spunky. I can appreciate the doubting from past history with this staff, but Pace has done a good job building deprh. How does Glennon have to show that Pace isn't an idiot? Barkley didn't show anything, Hoyer wasn't very good and it was time to move on from Cutler. Glennon is a stop gap and his contract is even written that way. There is no reason Trubisky won't get a shot at the starting job if Mike sucks.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Trubisky continues playing as he did game 1, not a single fan will give a rats ass that Pace signed Glennon to a $15M/yr contract.

Agreed but can and will Pace/Fox stick to their plan of MT watching from the sidelines to ahem...develop no matter what

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know about some of that, Spunky. I can appreciate the doubting from past history with this staff, but Pace has done a good job building deprh. How does Glennon have to show that Pace isn't an idiot? Barkley didn't show anything, Hoyer wasn't very good and it was time to move on from Cutler. Glennon is a stop gap and his contract is even written that way. There is no reason Trubisky won't get a shot at the starting job if Mike sucks.

That question was for the meatballs.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Agreed but can and will Pace/Fox stick to their plan of MT watching from the sidelines to ahem...develop no matter what

Is that their plan? I don't know that they've ever explicitly said that. Sure it appears they want him to practice and learn before being tossed out there, but I don't know if there is any sort of timeline or a "no matter what" mentality behind it.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Game 1 with Atlanta will be fun with Glennon out there.. will he get out of the stadium alive?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I think Glennon will play well enough that he will be trotted out as the starter game one and be replaced somewhere between game 4 and 6 by Trubisky.

I wish he would just get it over with and suck balls the remaining preseason and let the Bears get on with the Trubisky era. That is , assuming, Trubs continues to look the part of savior.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
In my wildest Spartan conspiracy, they are going to dumb down as much as they can to sell Glennon tomorrow. The last thing this team wanted was him to lay an actual zero in Game 1. The second to last thing they wanted was people clamoring for Trubinsky this early. Hence, Fox downplaying it and talking about Tebow.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Kurt Glennon is our starting QB. What? Really? OK, Mike Glennon is our starting QB.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In my wildest Spartan conspiracy, they are going to dumb down as much as they can to sell Glennon tomorrow. The last thing this team wanted was him to lay an actual zero in Game 1. The second to last thing they wanted was people clamoring for Trubinsky this early. Hence, Fox downplaying it and talking about Tebow.

:snoop:

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
If Glennon even struggles slightly this city will tear him apart. My concern when we signed him was that he wouldn't be able to handle the mental side of the media pressure.

This town destroys qbs confidence. The only qb that has even been able to block it out was McMahon. Even Harbaugh, one of the most arrogant and strong minded qbs couldn't handle it. Glennon will be done by week 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheeUndyingFan

Dragon of Dojima
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
If Glennon even struggles slightly this city will tear him apart. My concern when we signed him was that he wouldn't be able to handle the mental side of the media pressure.

This town destroys qbs confidence. The only qb that has even been able to block it out was McMahon. Even Harbaugh, one of the most arrogant and strong minded qbs couldn't handle it. Glennon will be done by week 4.

I'm not convinced that Cutler was phased by this town or the media heads. Jay just Jayed out there, he didn't give a shit about any of that, not sure what he gave a shit about really.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Glennon will play well enough that he will be trotted out as the starter game one and be replaced somewhere between game 4 and 6 by Trubisky.

I wish he would just get it over with and suck balls the remaining preseason and let the Bears get on with the Trubisky era. That is , assuming, Trubs continues to look the part of savior.

The talking points for not putting MT out there against a 1st team defense are he hasn't seen what some of these NFL defenses will throw at him...disguising coverages, crazy blitz packages, etc. Does he really need a whole season to be ready? He is certainly being shown film depicting the nuances of the more complicated defenses. 4 to 6 games sounds about right to get him out there.

Then there is always the "his confidence could be shattered" if he is put out there too soon.

MurrDogg34

Liked Posts:
They signed Glennon to be the starter. It's his year...

His year doesn't start in week 1. His year started the first day of training camp. If he sucks and Fox is trying to save his job, you can bet your sweet ass Glennon won't be starting.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glennon fucking sucks

I'm keeping an open mind on what he will be and hoping he can be average. I'm excited to see MT as the starter, hopefully he becomes a top tier QB. It's time the Bears had a legitimate QB.