John Fox is Goat Bears Coach

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
stats don't lie friends and his numbers are skewed because rebuilding franchises Carolina was a mess just like we were when he arrived and hell even Denver needed a lot of work before he showed

John Fox

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/FoxxJo0.htm

Mike Ditka

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/DitkMi0.htm

he has similar stats too a famous hof coach we had whose beloved by all here and yet you guys cannot see fox is almost on par with the great one if not better in some ways because a lot of ditkas success can be attributed to buddy ryan

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
stats don't lie friends and his numbers are skewed because rebuilding franchises Carolina was a mess just like we were when he arrived and hell even Denver needed a lot of work before he showed

John Fox

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/FoxxJo0.htm

Mike Ditka

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/DitkMi0.htm

he has similar stats too a famous hof coach we had whose beloved by all here and yet you guys cannot see fox is almost on par with the great one if not better in some ways because a lot of ditkas success can be attributed to buddy ryan

Ummm ...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/HalaGe0.htm

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
the threads to point out that fox isn't garbage like the narrative here is as of late

so many here trashing the coach and his system I thought id shed light on some of these meatballs

what I showed ya wuz factual statistics

and foxes system works we just have to build into it and the bears can be perennial contenders so all these morons hoping for mass firings I got a question for you

do you really when we fucking finally have the makings of a franchise qb (who by the way looks like he plays very well in the system in place) wanna start over and begin a coachin change and system change every year or two so his career is stunted and waste the guy?

Washington

Liked Posts:
Just a few honors Coach Fox has in the Chicago Bears record books. These are just fun facts. Take them as you will and you will provide all kinds of reasons/excuses for them. Kinda crazy considering he’s only been here 2 years.

- Most penalized team in a home game (week 2 2015).
- Most points allowed in a home game (week 2 2015).
- First team to ever lose at home to 2 teams entering the games with 0-5 records on the road (weeks 13/14 2015). This is an NFL record.
- Worst home record in the modern era (2015).
- Worst overall record in the modern era (2016).
- Lowest turnover % for a defense (2016). This is an NFL record.

Note that even other coaching greats like Armstrong, Gibron, Pardee, Wannstedt, or Trestman were unable to earn such honors.

Now, of course I just listed the honors Fox has earned that are negative. I would have posted the positive ones, but there are none – yet. Perhaps this is the year a Fox coached team gets over .500 for only the 7th time in 16 seasons as a head coach. Not likely though.

I am not a fan of Fox and his shtick, motivation, adjustments, clock management, etc, at all. I am hoping that since Pace was forced to hire him, he'll be able to fire him and bring in his own guy who will mentor Trubisky.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Just a few honors Coach Fox has in the Chicago Bears record books. These are just fun facts. Take them as you will and you will provide all kinds of reasons/excuses for them. Kinda crazy considering he’s only been here 2 years.

- Most penalized team in a home game (week 2 2015).
- Most points allowed in a home game (week 2 2015).
- First team to ever lose at home to 2 teams entering the games with 0-5 records on the road (weeks 13/14 2015). This is an NFL record.
- Worst home record in the modern era (2015).
- Worst overall record in the modern era (2016).
- Lowest turnover % for a defense (2016). This is an NFL record.

Note that even other coaching greats like Armstrong, Gibron, Pardee, Wannstedt, or Trestman were unable to earn such honors.

Now, of course I just listed the honors Fox has earned that are negative. I would have posted the positive ones, but there are none – yet. Perhaps this is the year a Fox coached team gets over .500 for only the 7th time in 16 seasons as a head coach. Not likely though.

I am not a fan of Fox and his shtick, motivation, adjustments, clock management, etc, at all. I am hoping that since Pace was forced to hire him, he'll be able to fire him and bring in his own guy who will mentor Trubisky.

I'm not a big Fox fan but to his defense you should put the rosters he had in 2015 and 2016 down cause they were laughable rosters. 2015 was year one of the Pace rebuild where he got rid of a ton of older veterans and brought in a ton of new young guys and in 2016 didn't we have 11 starters that ended up on IR? If 11 on IR isn't right it damn sure was close to that and many other players got hurt last year.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I'm not big on the Fire Fox thing. But this off season is making me lean that way. Pace too but he's had enough successes to buy some time. Too much crap ain't making sense this year.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fox runs a professional team.

That being said he provides 0 tactical advantage in any phase of the game. In a league where coaching is important that is a problem.

His game day management is bordering on pathetic.

He also is so conservative he can only really win when he has a far superior team.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I'm not a big Fox fan but to his defense you should put the rosters he had in 2015 and 2016 down cause they were laughable rosters. 2015 was year one of the Pace rebuild where he got rid of a ton of older veterans and brought in a ton of new young guys and in 2016 didn't we have 11 starters that ended up on IR? If 11 on IR isn't right it damn sure was close to that and many other players got hurt last year.

I said they were just fan facts and take them as you will. I also said the reasons/excuses would be coming. The rosters those other coaches held were nothing special either.

Give me Harbaugh and let's move on. We'd get a coach with energy and one that knows a thing or two about QBs. Of course, that is probably a pipe dream but the Cubs won a World Series so miracles do happen!

Coaching changes can lead to Super Bowls. Ironically, it happened the very year Elway fired Fox and then got to hoist the trophy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I said they were just fan facts and take them as you will. I also said the reasons/excuses would be coming. The rosters those other coaches held were nothing special either.

Give me Harbaugh and let's move on. We'd get a coach with energy and one that knows a thing or two about QBs. Of course, that is probably a pipe dream but the Cubs won a World Series so miracles do happen!

Coaching changes can lead to Super Bowls. Ironically, it happened the very year Elway fired Fox and then got to hoist the trophy.

I'm definitely on board with getting Harbaugh but i'm not sure he wouldn't want control over the personnel and no way is Pace going for that and he shouldn't, but if we could get Jim to come in and be the head coach only and him keeping Fangio i'd be more then down for that.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Fox is here just like Sveum and Renteria were for the Cubs during the teardown and initial rebuilding phase. When the Bears are closer to competing for the playoffs, they will bring in a better coach. I imagine Pace has learned a lot from watching Theo Epstein.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
You made up a word that means "trollish".

GG HBK

not trolling at all tbh I'm stating facts everyone here is shitting their pants wanting the coaching staff to change right when we are finally starting to look like we are on the otherside of the rebuild

how about have some fucking patience and see it through and I'm sure that pace/fox builds us a winner

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
or we could change staffs every 2 or 3 years and become the browns ...if you want that why not go cheer for the fucking browns

dawags

Liked Posts:
Harbaugh is almost as dumb as Ditka. If you want to watch a coach throwing tantrums on the sideline instead of thinking about what he should do next, he'll be perfect. He walked into a SF HC job with a talented team built through Singletary drafts and then his big mouth blew that up.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Shut up!