Barring Serious injury, next offseason Bears must break the bank for Larry Fitzgerald

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Keep in mind, I say this knowing Larry is likely never going to be the same Dynamic player given his age. However, he is someone who would be an upgrade and someone a rookie quarterback could depend on to be where he is supposed to be when he is supposed to be there.

He is someone you could throw into your locker room and into that wide receiver room who mediately commands respect of that position group and can mentor other wide receivers, not just in a Mark Sanchez way but also by example.

Fitz still runs clean routes and can make plays. From what it sounds like, Arizona will not be bringing him back. The Bears have money to burn right now and even taking on a ridiculous contract for Larry Fitzgerald would still not put them in a bad position.

Break the bank for him on a three-year deal. Because at the end of the day I think it's important not just for the Bears to have at least one competent wide receiver but for our Young quarterback to have someone he can depend on.

I'd break the bank for Larry, and sign one other free agent wide receiver, and then draft one in the first round. At least with two free agent wide receiver signings, teams shouldn't be maneuvering to get ahead of the Bears to grab a wide receiver.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The only team Larry Fitz will be going to is a contender. The Bears are not that.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He's not coming here, he'll want a ring. And he's not elite anymore. And he's old.
No thanks.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hell No, are you crazy? the man is about to retire, and isn't anywhere near the player he once was, and you wanna break the bank on him!? And thats why we'll for ever blow!

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Take a look around. Do you see any way for the Bears to get better quickly? I said in the initial post that Larry is not Elite anymore. If he wants to go to a contender, fine. But I would break the bank on him for a three-year deal, maybe a two-year with a club option for number 3. Because even an almost done Larry Fitzgerald is better than the shitstain we got at our wide receiver corpse right now. You know it's funny, using Google Voice to Text and I can't be bothered to replace what it gave for corps - because wide receiver corpse sounds just right for what this team has right now.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I'm almost ONE HUNDRED % certain that OP is a joke but the only uncertainty that I have is resulting from the FACT that I did not laugh and I am told by my classmates and the people at my jobs that I have a pretty decent sense of humor, so maybe it's just a poorly executed joke or maybe the guy posting it is serious, irregardlessly I will never understand it as humorous or conversely as intended to be taken seriously.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
There are plenty of good FA WRs next year that aren't on the verge of retirement.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Keep in mind, I say this knowing Larry is likely never going to be the same Dynamic player given his age. However, he is someone who would be an upgrade and someone a rookie quarterback could depend on to be where he is supposed to be when he is supposed to be there.

He is someone you could throw into your locker room and into that wide receiver room who mediately commands respect of that position group and can mentor other wide receivers, not just in a Mark Sanchez way but also by example.

Fitz still runs clean routes and can make plays. From what it sounds like, Arizona will not be bringing him back. The Bears have money to burn right now and even taking on a ridiculous contract for Larry Fitzgerald would still not put them in a bad position.

Break the bank for him on a three-year deal. Because at the end of the day I think it's important not just for the Bears to have at least one competent wide receiver but for our Young quarterback to have someone he can depend on.

I'd break the bank for Larry, and sign one other free agent wide receiver, and then draft one in the first round. At least with two free agent wide receiver signings, teams shouldn't be maneuvering to get ahead of the Bears to grab a wide receiver.

He has spent his 14 year career in AZ and has made one Super Bowl appearance...in what world would Fitzgerald want to end his career playing mentor for a team that is an extreme longshot to make the playoffs much less a Super Bowl? You suggest a lot of dumb shit, but this one is up there

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
You need to find the next Larry Fitzgerald, thought we had it in Kevin White. Doral Green Beckham is still a free agent, has the size and skill but is missing the effort part. Some team might be able to find the right button to push.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
One would hope.
Less a joke, and more just Bears induced delirium over how shity our wide receiver corps are, that a half dead Larry Fitzgerald looks like a serious upgrade to anything we have.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Less a joke, and more just Bears induced delirium over how shity our wide receiver corps are, that a half dead Larry Fitzgerald looks like a serious upgrade to anything we have.

I'd rather have Kevin White

:gtfo:

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

SWEET! Looks like my analysis is correct and now I do not feel so badly about perhaps appearing to come off a little too harshly in a critical way when I offered my opinion of your initial post!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We should just go get the best. Jerry Rice. I just some him play in an old timers game and he still runs excellent routes. The sad thing is jokes aside, he would still be our best WR even at his age.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
SWEET! Looks like my analysis is correct and now I do not feel so badly about perhaps appearing to come off a little too harshly in a critical way when I offered my opinion of your initial post!

You forgot "I will never understand."