The best argument for icing Trusbisky - Bad offensive line!

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
When they finally fix the offense, the defense will old and bad again they will need to rebuild that.

I don't think that's true if they focus on offense this offseason like I think they will we could all be shocked at the bears team that hits the field next season

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Better QB play won't stop teams from stacking 8 in the box against the Bears. There isn't a WR/TE on the team that requires a safety over the top as a security blanket in coverage. I imagine most teams feel very comfortable with their CBs going one on one against the Bears' WR all game.

Watch the all 22 of TB game, guys were open all over the field.

You don't have to be catching 40 yards passes to get a defense to back up, you just need to catch passes. If you catch a 10 yard pass and their is no safety back you are 1 missed tackle away from an 8- yard TD. DCs won't risk the entire game on their CBs being able to tackle.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think that's true if they focus on offense this offseason like I think they will we could all be shocked at the bears team that hits the field next season

We agree.

The offense is a real QB and an upgrade at WR away from being very good.

Things look way worse right now because we have seen some of the worst QB play of the last 5 years in the 7/8 quarters of the season. It really is not as bad as it looks right now talent wise.

If Glennon doesn't throw the awful pick at Sims and instead hits Shaheen wide open we are probably talking about the awesome 22 yard TD catch and run by our 6'7" TE of the future.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is weird having an Oline that doesn't fall apart...

Someone is doing something right around there.... if you give them a more mobile QB who can scramble and/or get the ball out of his hands faster, they will be just fine.

I wonder if we have a QB like that lying around...nah stick with ole Giraffe Statue.

I think that people need to stop judging Massie on 1-2 plays a game.

Massie is going to get beat 1-2 plays a game, that is just who he is, the problem with Glennon is that they are guaranteed sacks because he is slower than Bobbie Massie. A more mobile QB may avoid both sacks and then Massie isn't the worse thing in the world.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's fine, let them stack the line. Let them play single high safety on every play. That's easy target practice for Trubisky. A WR doesn't necessarily have to beat his man in a 1 on 1 situation when you have an incredibly accurate QB like Trubisky. And if he extends the play, which is another trait he excels at, the defense is toast. Even Rashied Davis can get open in a 1 on 1 with an extra couple of seconds to work with.

I agree with everything you said here. I think Trubisky will make theses WR respectable. With his accuracy it will allow them to gain YAC like Bear's fans have never seen before. The Chicago Oline is actually really good. If a team plays 8 in the box all game I think Trubisky will pick them apart.

The QB makes the WR not the other way around.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
I think that people need to stop judging Massie on 1-2 plays a game.

Massie is going to get beat 1-2 plays a game, that is just who he is, the problem with Glennon is that they are guaranteed sacks because he is slower than Bobbie Massie. A more mobile QB may avoid both sacks and then Massie isn't the worse thing in the world.

Massie could really use some right side rollouts where he gets to attack the defense rather than pass set. You can have designed rollouts with glennon and move the pocket - we have seen that disaster.

Fuck I can't wait to see trubisky doing that, slanging the ball in a corner where only the receiver has a chance for it, like we saw all preseason.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
As someone who played OL having a mobile QB makes a huge difference.

-Your mistakes are not as costly
-Pass rushers are more hesitant, because they do not want to over run the QB
-Moving the launch point gives you an element of surprise and indecision

Having a statue behind you that the pass rusher can just relentlessly attack 1 point on the field is really hard to deal with.

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:
I would argue that Trubisky has a much better chance of avoiding injury than Glennon because he is mobile, and from what I've seen can sense when the pocket is collapsing around him. Glennon absolutely can not. The most important factor to me though is this: Entertainment. Trubisky would at least make the games exciting and give the offense a chance because they would have to account for his mobility, which might actually help the passing game. I understand your concerns about him getting hurt and it would be terrible if it happened to Trubisky or Glennon. I dont think Glennon is terrible, but playing a more mobile QB right now would help the Bears a lot I think.

Madden

Liked Posts:
I like how in the beginning of the season the Bears were known for having one of the best lines and 2 games in we are somehow garbage. Glennon makes the line look shittier. Also funny how people think that next year there will magically be no injuries to the line or WR's.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Watch the all 22 of TB game, guys were open all over the field.

You don't have to be catching 40 yards passes to get a defense to back up, you just need to catch passes. If you catch a 10 yard pass and their is no safety back you are 1 missed tackle away from an 8- yard TD. DCs won't risk the entire game on their CBs being able to tackle.

No sugar coating it. He just sucked last week.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
The line is not bad, just looks bad because Glennon is playing QB. I bet the oline cannot wait for Trubisky to take over.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
I'm okay...with this being the worst argument

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The line is not bad, just looks bad because Glennon is playing QB. I bet the oline cannot wait for Trubisky to take over.

Maybe someone on the OL takes it into their own hands and falls into a long giraffe leg in practice.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The reason why the offense is stagnant is that the Bears cannot run the ball. Part of that is because our offensive tackles are shitty. Leno SUCKS as run blocking. And secondly opponents have no respect for Glennon and the receivers so they put eight in the box and dare the Bears to pass, knowing that Glennon will see that and dump the ball off early. IT is a TERRIBLE OFFENSE. IF Tampa Bay beat the hell out of the offense, Pittsburgh will kill them.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
For Glennon to be a statue... if the line were really that bad.. he'ld have been on his back almost a dozen times by now.... but that hasn't been the case. In spite of injury the pass protection has been pretty solid.... the running game is a different story.

He got sacked once last week. I think some people think that if you don't have pro bowlers at every position then that group is weak and think if a o-lineman gives up a sack and a QB hit that he sucks.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I like how in the beginning of the season the Bears were known for having one of the best lines and 2 games in we are somehow garbage. Glennon makes the line look shittier. Also funny how people think that next year there will magically be no injuries to the line or WR's.

What team was "known" for having one of the best lines??????? THE BEARS???????? Come-on. Talk about drinking the Chicago Bear Kool Aid:)

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
when did average at best on our oline become acceptable?

because that's what this line is

and fucking aaron Rodgers couldn't make these wr's look great

the fact is both the oline and the wr corps need work the wr corps a lot but ill admit the oline needs less work than that

I think our first rnd pick should be the best LT prospect in this draft then the second 3rd and 4th should be the best wr's available

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Do you really want to risk Mitch behind that line? Rex Grossman was mobile too before he got hurt. It is one thing to have no wrs. No line too is totally different. The same pushing for Mitch would be the first to criticize Fox/Pace if he got hurt.

I don't know why Pace isn't putting a HOF caliber line out there.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
OMG! You're right! We shouldn't play Trubisky until we have a perfect team around him. I'm sure he'll be just as young and even more ready to go after sitting for 20 years.