Trubisky or Watson?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh no doubt it sucks right now, believe me I am hurting right with you. I work with a Milwaukee based team, it is so bad I don't even get made fun of, just looked at with pity, which is worse honestly. That said if Trubisky long term turns out to be the best QB in this class we are good. Anything less is a failure on the part of the Bears. I fully expected Watson to be better this year, but I expect the gap to narrow with each week, and year. If it does not we can just add this to the long line of blunders this clown organization has had since really my whole life.

Watson has set the bar extremely high this week, I mean he had pretty much a perfect game. Could you imagine the excitement around here if we had a game like that from any QB? Trubisky, pressure is on, welcome to the NFL.

I don't really care about Watson. I like Trubisky very much. And as far as I am concerned, Trubisky doesn't have to outplay Watson in order for him to have been a good selection. I just want the kid of be good and to do that he has got to be given a fair chance and that includes having a coaching staff that can let him thrive. That coaching staff is not currently on the Bears. Fox is an awful head coach and what he does know, is not developing a quarterback.

Fox should be fired immediately and spare Trubisky having to be coached by him. Loggains isn't worth a crap either but it is pretty impossible to do anything about him unless they possibly bring Gruden in the be head coach and OC?

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Trubisky continues to WOW every time he touches the ball.

Lol, who can argue with that, his touches through month 1 in the NFL have been amazing.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I don't really care about Watson. I like Trubisky very much. And as far as I am concerned, Trubisky doesn't have to outplay Watson in order for him to have been a good selection. I just want the kid of be good and to do that he has got to be given a fair chance and that includes having a coaching staff that can let him thrive. That coaching staff is not currently on the Bears. Fox is an awful head coach and what he does know, is not developing a quarterback.

Fox should be fired immediately and spare Trubisky having to be coached by him. Loggains isn't worth a crap either but it is pretty impossible to do anything about him unless they possibly bring Gruden in the be head coach and OC?

He can still be a good selection, but if he doesn't have a better career than Watson he was the wrong selection. We picked first afterall. As for Gruden, thats not going to happen midseason, or ever. Pace is staying, and won't want to be overshadowed. Same with McCaskeys, they just want yes men. The only retread we might sign is Sean Payton, because of his connection to Pace. The most likely new HC will be some offensive coach from the Saints if I had to guess right now.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Only took Watson 2 games to have an impact and put up points. Looks like Watson wins and Mitch will fall in a long line of failed misses at the Bear QB position

Hopefully not. Trubisky clearly has a lot of talent. He does need experience and they should have to give him that chance to get it. I think that the SF crowd should freeking riot if Trubisky doesn't play:(

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's all Watson too. Last year the Texans had the 2nd worst offense in the AFC with 279 points scored. Same targets as well on the O-side, RB Lamar Miller, same WR Hopkins. The only thing that changed was the move from Osweiler to Watson. Watson is a winner period.

That what I thought when they drafted him. It must have been like Christmas had come early in Houston when he fell to them. As I said before the draft ever happened, I think mobility in today's NFL is as much or more important as anything else. As long as Watson stays within himself, the Texans will thrive.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Yep. Bears gave up 4 extra picks to move up a spot to land Mitch. Also it's not like Watson joined an established offensive powerhouse. They ranked 2nd worst in the AFC last year in points scored. Same offensive weapons. The only thing that has changed is the move from Osweiler to Watson and he's already made an impact in just a handful of games.

True but they do have Hopkins and fuller. We don’t have 3 receivers that equal to one of those guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Only took Watson 2 games to have an impact and put up points. Looks like Watson wins and Mitch will fall in a long line of failed misses at the Bear QB position

c'mon trubs hasn't even played in a reg. season game

bugg

Liked Posts:
I like Trubisky a lot and idk when i watched him in the preseason, he definitely was making some sharp throws. Even without a star WR, I think he would be a major upgrade to the offense. He passes the eye test

but Trubisky aside

at least its not like the Browns who literally had Watson in their lap at 12 and traded him away

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, but if we're going to have a Watson vs Trubisky "Did we take the right one?" debate every time either of them play, it's going to get tedious. It already has. We won't know for a good while who will have the better career. Trubisky looked good in PS action and should start going forward. Watson is already starting and has been really good. I just don't get the need to revisit the choice every 5 mins.

What does appear to be pretty apparent is that two groups of people were wrong - those who thought Watson didn't have NFL skills, and those who thought Glennon would be a solid starter. Both of these thoughts are looking pretty awful.

The Glennon being competent thing is rather moot. Other than Aussie, no one wanted him to be more than a place holder. It's nice to see Watson bring his gamer thing to the next level. Can't wait to see what Mitchell brings. He won't have a Pro Bowl WR but we do have a good line and run game.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's all Watson too. Last year the Texans had the 2nd worst offense in the AFC with 279 points scored. Same targets as well on the O-side, RB Lamar Miller, same WR Hopkins. The only thing that changed was the move from Osweiler to Watson. Watson is a winner period.

They've had some crappy QBs. Watson was drafted for a reason. It's difficult to know what else could have been with another good option but that Watson looks like he belongs at this stage in his development is plenty good enough. No need to state he's better than the crap that came before.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I wanted Watson. Hopefully Trubisky is what Pace thinks he is.

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
they had Hopkins and Fuller last year = 2nd worst offense in the AFC

You make no sense.
Doesn't matter if they had Moses parting the seas with Brock hot garbage Osweiler at QB.
Watson is better than Brock by far. Watson is a good QB with good receivers.
Watson would suck throwing to our receivers period.
Which is why we need less gunslinger (Watson) & more Accuracy (Mitch)
If we still had Alshon/Marshall/Bennett/Forte then Watson would light it up here.
Watson throwing to Bellamy & Howard...
That being said Cutler threw for 447yds 3 TDs in 08' with Denver. Can't judge by a few games. Lotta foot ball left to play.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You make no sense.
Doesn't matter if they had Moses parting the seas with Brock hot garbage Osweiler at QB.
Watson is better than Brock by far. Watson is a good QB with good receivers.
Watson would suck throwing to our receivers period.
Which is why we need less gunslinger (Watson) & more Accuracy (Mitch)
If we still had Alshon/Marshall/Bennett/Forte then Watson would light it up here.
Watson throwing to Bellamy & Howard...
That being said Cutler threw for 447yds 3 TDs in 08' with Denver. Can't judge by a few games. Lotta foot ball left to play.

Watson has a 65% completion percentage. He's far from a gunslinger. His sweet spot is actually in the 1-10 yard range where he is at near 70% completion rates. And again, he would certainly not look as good with our WRs, but to say he would suck is just silly as you simply don't know. He has not shown any accuracy issues like people claimed he would and his completion percentage in the NFL isn't that far off than what it was in the college. He also only just now got Fuller back and previously had to play with a depleted WR and TE core.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I was a Watson fan. He clearly however is in a much better situation than Trubisky also Trubisky looks nice more polished. It will be interesting to see how they develop.

I love what I saw in the preseason and hopefully that was foreshadowing.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
You guys are so ridiculously reactionary I can hardly handle it.

Watson looked good so I'm not trying to take anything away from the guy, but lets give this a little perspective here.

The Titans kept their starting offense in for 3 quarters against the Chicago Bears during preseason because they couldn't score any points. This team had 5 turnovers against the Texans. FIVE.
Mike Glennon looked like a DECENT QB against the Titans, and his play this game made everyone pump the brakes on starting Trubisky week 1. This is a Texans team that has a good O line. They have one of the best WR's in the league in Deandre Hopkins, and a damn good #2 in Will Fuller V. They also have a strong running back in Lamar Miller. They have been a playoff team for the last few years and have a phenomenal defense. Many of you claiming Watson has gone in to a "Bad" situation are just making shit up. Being drafted by the Browns is a BAD situation. Being drafted by the Bears is a BAD situation. Being drafted by the Texans is a GOOD situation. They have many pieces and were really only missing a QB.

Secondly, shut the actual fuck up about the price of Trubisky vs the price of Watson. The Texans will not have their first pick in the NFL draft next year because they gave it up to go get Watson. The Bears will have their first round pick next year, they will be missing a 3rd rounder. For all of you spouting the value of 3rd round picks, do you not understand the value of a first?

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Pace sucks with 1st round picks so not a big thang

That's the best you can do? Whining like a little bitch over the picks that Pace gave up but when I mention that the Texans actually gave up more draft value to move up you hit me with this? Get the fuck out of here.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You guys are so ridiculously reactionary I can hardly handle it.

Watson looked good so I'm not trying to take anything away from the guy, but lets give this a little perspective here.

The Titans kept their starting offense in for 3 quarters against the Chicago Bears during preseason because they couldn't score any points. This team had 5 turnovers against the Texans. FIVE.
Mike Glennon looked like a DECENT QB against the Titans, and his play this game made everyone pump the brakes on starting Trubisky week 1. This is a Texans team that has a good O line. They have one of the best WR's in the league in Deandre Hopkins, and a damn good #2 in Will Fuller V. They also have a strong running back in Lamar Miller. They have been a playoff team for the last few years and have a phenomenal defense. Many of you claiming Watson has gone in to a "Bad" situation are just making shit up. Being drafted by the Browns is a BAD situation. Being drafted by the Bears is a BAD situation. Being drafted by the Texans is a GOOD situation. They have many pieces and were really only missing a QB.

Secondly, shut the actual fuck up about the price of Trubisky vs the price of Watson. The Texans will not have their first pick in the NFL draft next year because they gave it up to go get Watson. The Bears will have their first round pick next year, they will be missing a 3rd rounder. For all of you spouting the value of 3rd round picks, do you not understand the value of a first?

Houston's OL is not good. Tom Savage was sacked 6 times and Watson 4 times in the first game. Watson simply covers up the weak OL play because of his mobility.

This was Fuller's first game back. Last week when Watson looked good against the Patriots, he didn't have Fuller. So Fuller being back isn't a primary reason for Watson's success. This also ignores that in his first game starting he had zero TEs (OL had to play TE) and only 3 WRs. So his numbers were depressed as a result of that.

Lamar Miller is averaging under 4.0 yards a carry which is pretty bad for an alleged strong running back. Even Jordan Howard has averaged 4.0 YPC despite his early season struggles and being injured.

It's certainly a better situation than the Bears but only because of the WRs. The Bears have a much better OL and RB situation that the Texans. They probably also have better TEs as well.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Houston's OL is not good. Tom Savage was sacked 6 times and Watson 4 times in the first game. Watson simply covers up the weak OL play because of his mobility.

This was Fuller's first game back. Last week when Watson looked good against the Patriots, he didn't have Fuller. So Fuller being back isn't a primary reason for Watson's success. This also ignores that in his first game starting he had zero TEs (OL had to play TE) and only 3 WRs. So his numbers were depressed as a result of that.

Lamar Miller is averaging under 4.0 yards a carry which is pretty bad for an alleged strong running back. Even Jordan Howard has averaged 4.0 YPC despite his early season struggles and being injured.

It's certainly a better situation than the Bears but only because of the WRs. The Bears have a much better OL and RB situation that the Texans. They probably also have better TEs as well.

13iquV77BpubU4.gif

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Congratulations you took what 2 games & think that sums Watson up in his entirety? I can go find 2 games from Cutler just like that. And yet he is still a gunslinger.
Watching Watson chucking incomplete bombs in preseason was pretty telling he likes to sling it. But how many bombs were completed?
Perhaps his completions and percentage are so good short because he was inaccurate deep? Again, a 2 (season) game summary can lead to all kinds of wild speculation.
Proves nothing. And my opinion might change after a half dozen games. Until then I see a good starting caliber QB who will get better in time. And I still firmly believe he is a gunslinger. Which may come more to light as he spends more time gelling with his receivers.

I don't know what a gunslinger really is when you are referring to a quarterback. I do think that Watson is certainly a playmaker who can extend a play with his legs and throw passes on the run. And I do think that the Texans team is very fortunate to get the guy because they were a petty good team without him and have the potential to be a very good team with him.