Close
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Default Your 2017-2018 Chicago Blackhawks Season Thread

Since the offseason thread has run it's course, we'll do an in-season thread now. Gonna be an interesting own.
    Roooooooadddhouse....

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Drop the friggin puck already!!!!!!
    Badges? We don't need no steenkin badges....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to winos5 For This Useful Post:

Scratched for Vorobiev LordKOTL's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Glad the real fall sports season is starting Wednesday.

I still stand by my convictions for what constitutes success:

3rd in Central

Get past 1st round

Crawford should post a .920

Toews & Saad need to be 30/70 players

Panik should hit 20G

Sharp should hit 15G
    Hidden Content
    "Thank you Dr. Karpotsev...." ~Pat Foley
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by LordKOTL View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Glad the real fall sports season is starting Wednesday.

I still stand by my convictions for what constitutes success:

3rd in Central

Get past 1st round

Crawford should post a .920

Toews & Saad need to be 30/70 players

Panik should hit 20G

Sharp should hit 15G
    They are winning the central damn it.

And I love that you don't have Kane in any of your goals... haha
    Roooooooadddhouse....

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MassHavoc For This Useful Post:

Roooooooadddhouse....

Roooooooadddhouse....

Quote Originally Posted by MassHavoc View Post
    About time.
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government – lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” ― Patrick Henry

Hawks get the penguins on a back to back after losing to the blues on banner night.

This just got some extra importance for Pittsburg.
    109 years since the last back to back world titles

“The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government – lest it come to dominate our lives and interests.” ― Patrick Henry

Go Hawks!

I've got tickets for the Hawks/Canucks games in Vancouver on 12/28 & 2/1/18.

I'm psyched for the season.

Like the four lines, hope the 2nd & 3rd D pairs get off to a good start.
    Last edited by mikita's helmet; 10-05-2017 at 05:27 PM.
    "Don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, cuz then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are. Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." G. Hanson

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mikita's helmet For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Rusty Russian Hotdogs ... lol.

Sounds delicious.

Well pent up goal scoring at its finest

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Blackhawks look great so far, but as Kane noted after beating the BJs, both the Pens and BJs were in the second night of back-to-back games. Additionally, they were both on the road and the Hawks were facing each teams backup goalie, Nevertheless, they looked pretty fuckin' good. However, a real test will be tonight in Toronto and then against the Canadiens Tuesday night, when we'll be the road team, it''ll be the second night of a back-to-back games, and Forsberg will most likely be in net. Go Hawks!
    "Don't ever tell anybody that they're not free, cuz then they're gonna get real busy killin' and maimin' to prove to you that they are. Oh, yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom. But they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." G. Hanson

20. The Following User Says Thank You to mikita's helmet For This Useful Post:

our young d men are playing so well, they are forcing Keith and Seabs to raise their game.

I mean, dont get me wrong, I know this works but really thought they would give a youngster to each veteran but this year seems to be catering to the veteran guys. Give Toews Saad. Give Kane a quick centerman, match up the d buddies. I know we will see a few changes when they hit a slump, but somehow these two other d lines sure seem to have some chemistry. especially Ruuta and Forsling.

Quote Originally Posted by mikita's helmet View Post
    Blackhawks look great so far, but as Kane noted after beating the BJs, both the Pens and BJs were in the second night of back-to-back games. Additionally, they were both on the road and the Hawks were facing each teams backup goalie, Nevertheless, they looked pretty fuckin' good. However, a real test will be tonight in Toronto and then against the Canadiens Tuesday night, when we'll be the road team, it''ll be the second night of a back-to-back games, and Forsberg will most likely be in net. Go Hawks!
    I mean kinda.... they faced both of the Penguins goalies... neither mattered.
    Roooooooadddhouse....

23. The Following User Says Thank You to MassHavoc For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by anotheridiot View Post
    our young d men are playing so well, they are forcing Keith and Seabs to raise their game.

I mean, dont get me wrong, I know this works but really thought they would give a youngster to each veteran but this year seems to be catering to the veteran guys. Give Toews Saad. Give Kane a quick centerman, match up the d buddies. I know we will see a few changes when they hit a slump, but somehow these two other d lines sure seem to have some chemistry. especially Ruuta and Forsling.
    I think you already answered your own question though. We'll see plenty of changes, ride this for as long as it's working. We all know this team is going to look pretty different by the end of the season. But if they can get a hot start by using what works, i'm fine with that. plenty of time for the kids, and who knows what the trade deadline will bring.
    Roooooooadddhouse....

News came out that Eddie O will be in the booth later this week. Awesome news

Quote Originally Posted by MassHavoc View Post
    I think you already answered your own question though. We'll see plenty of changes, ride this for as long as it's working. We all know this team is going to look pretty different by the end of the season. But if they can get a hot start by using what works, i'm fine with that. plenty of time for the kids, and who knows what the trade deadline will bring.
    Well, there was a story today claiming that we got a new #2 D man in Ruuta.

Here I thought they put KEith and Seabrook together and let the inexperienced guys deal with each other, but reading this story, they did split the best two.

We know Q better than that.

Purely situational guy. Rutta+Keith is the new high octane offensive possession pair. Seabrooke+Murphy would be the muscle. And Fronson+Forsling+Kempny to mop up.
    First look at how it goes anyway. An opportunity for Rutta for sure, it would be great for team if he can. And raises the question if Seabrooke will be able to stop his slide at the 2nd pair, or go 3rd, which for him would be on the way out the door.
    1a. OLB Myles Garrett 1b. FS Malik Hooker 2a. WR Corey Davis 2b. Corner or OT 3a. QB Webb. Kaaya. Russell. Mahomme. somebody will be here at great value. 4a.CB Awuzie Colorado 4b.TE Sprinkles Alabama 4c.RT
    5a.CB Tony Brown Alabama 6' 4.4 speed. Troubled. 5b.Jake Butt TE Michigan. injured

http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bla...n-patrick-kane

Blackhawks Subscribe:

No one is more excited for Nick Schmaltz to return than Patrick Kane

By Tracey Myers October 16, 2017 2:35 PM

The Blackhawks' lines rolled out on Monday morning, with Nick Schmaltz taking his normal spot at second-line center. After missing the last five-plus games this is as positive a sign as the Blackhawks have had that Schmaltz is close to returning.
    There will be a few people happy about that, including Patrick Kane.
    “With us, we were playing together for about a month there, so you really get used to playing with certain guys and certain line mates,” Kane said. “While he was gone I wasn't very good, so it'll be nice to have him back.”
    Let’s just take a quick look at the numbers: In the brief time Kane and Schmaltz played together in the regular season (season opener and the first few minutes vs. Columbus), Kane had two goals and four assists. In the four-plus games since Schmaltz’s injury, Kane has two assists.
    Yes, Kane and Schmaltz together worked pretty well. Sure, it’s a small sample size in terms of regular-season games, but they’ve been working together since late summer. Even when they didn’t score they were a threat to do so. The Blackhawks became a one-line team in his absence, so his return should bring balance again.
    “One game sampling, and then the whole training camp, obviously he really got us excited with his speed, his presence off the rush, play recognition and his, I guess, synergy with Kaner seemed to be the one thing that was outstanding in the one game. Really noticed [that] right off the bat,” coach Joel Quenneville said. “[Ryan Hartman] did a good job on that line, as well, so you got a little bit of everybody doing a little bit of different things. But his speed is the one thing that you really notice with the last couple of days returning to practice.”
    Reuniting with Artem Anisimov didn’t work. Tanner Kero centering that line was fine. Schmaltz and Kane clicked well before the regular season even began and with Schmaltz regaining his health, Kane should regain his production.
    “Like I said, you get so used to playing with someone for a month, I don't think that's a knock on anyone else or any of our other center men. Even in those four games I wasn't very good either,” Kane said. “With that being said, he just brings the speed up the middle. And I think the biggest thing with that (is) that a defenseman has to make a decision. If he wants to drop back, he's going to take him away and I get some more time and space. If he wants to come at me, then I can make that play to the middle and maybe have an odd-man rush. That's his biggest asset obviously.”

29. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast