Bleacher Report: Bears Should Trade For Amari Cooper

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I want to trade for Benny Fowler.

He is a RFA at the end of the season and has good size and has produced a little. He doesn't really have a spot long term with the Broncos.

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
Always have to laugh when fans debate over who is better between 2 players at the same position, only for both to bust out after 3-4 years.

Frankly that was only bested by the draft leading up to when we took Rex Grossman, when there were a bunch of QBs taken, and only Palmer, 1st over all, didn't suck.

Parkway Drive

Liked Posts:
Josh Gordon, once reinstated for an '18 6th and '19 5th, Amari for an '18 5th and Kevin White.

#compete

broughtupbears

Liked Posts:
Always have to laugh when fans debate over who is better between 2 players at the same position, only for both to bust out after 3-4 years.

Frankly that was only bested by the draft leading up to when we took Rex Grossman, when there were a bunch of QBs taken, and only Palmer, 1st over all, didn't suck.
Rex played in the NFL for 13 seasons

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Their fans are calling Cooper a bust?

:cringe:

Wonder what they would call Kevin White?

Exactly what I was thinking! They have no idea what WR problems are! At least not the last 3 seasons!

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Honestly, a psychology paper could be written about Teddy's obsession with Grossman.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
He had back to back 1000 yard seasons to start off his career. There is no way in hell he is a bust, just because he's struggling in the beginning of this year.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
WTF happened to the Raiders? They went from top offense to worst offense in one offseason.

I absolutely believe that the flag issue has hurt the Raiders. Carr stood at attention when pretty much most of the team did not. There are still questions about the Raiders offensive line being really pissed that he stood and did not participate in the protest. Their offensive line play was pitiful when the game started and the same thing happened in the next game also, one where he suffered a broken bone in his back. I do know that a couple of TV sports hosts brought it up after it happened.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
https://raiderforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11636&sid=fe6502b42cc79d8c0e35943bc1b24185

Raiders forum on trading Amarai Cooper

"What would Amari Cooper go for in a trade? 3rd rounder? 4th?"

"People over value their players. Cooper is a bust. He runs nice routes but has crap hands and no confidence. Take a look at his Instagram. He may be Special person. He’s socially ackward and just not cut out to be a star WR.

At best we might get a 5th round pick."

"I will repeat myself, he is on pace for 300 ****ing yrds on the season! How Downing managed to pull that, is beyond me..."

Amari Cooper is like 23 yrs old and a few months, the age of many 5th yr Sr's.

Amari Cooper played in every game last yr and had 83 catches and almost 1200 yds.

Amari Cooper is having a hard yr.....

Amari Cooper is not a bust in any way, shape or form.

Lol at a Bears fan responding "no way"....lol. Im not saying I sell the farm for him, but I would certainly talk to them about the possibility; the guy is skilled and super young.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Amari Cooper played in every game last yr and had 83 catches and almost 1200 yds.

Lol at a Bears fan responding "no way"....lol. Im not saying I sell the farm for him, but I would certainly talk to them about the possibility; the guy is skilled and super young.

Will they take Glennon for him? :)

And for the record, I would love to get Cooper if the price is a mid round pick.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he has 11 TDs starting in 2.30 seasons with Carr as QB.

disappointing.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:

Only in this town could you have such a terrible group and turn your nose up at a clear upgrade.

There are lots of reasons it won't happen but he is hilariously better than what we have and that includes Meredith.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
he has 11 TDs starting in 2.30 seasons with Carr as QB.

disappointing.

22 yrs old, every game played, 83 catches and nearly 1200 yds. That's his most recent complete yr/stat line.

That WAYYYYYY more meaningful and indicative than TDs; there are a million reasons why a WR may or may not rack up TDs.

If you think a 22 yr old playing every game and catching over 80 catches is disappointing, then you're out of touch with football.

BearDownZZ

Liked Posts:
There are players that have bad games. Happens to everyone at some point in their career. With Cooper its really a result of having bad second game, then a minor knee issue, and then losing their QB and having to play with a bad QB that just threw for 159 yards and then 100 yards.

Maybe he'll have a down season. Almost every WR at some point has a down season. But my guess is that this is just a minor period of low production in a player that will generally be a consistent 1000 yard WR for the next 10 years.

And Crabtree. I like him but do you really think they are looking at a 30 year old players as a key to their future with Carr? No way.

I would be shocked if the Raiders gave up on Cooper at his age, being signed to his rookie deal through 2019. I will even go so far as to say that if Carr plays this week, Cooper will be an excellent play in DFS as his value is really low.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How about this. Bring Cooper in next year along WITH Jeffrey. Two big strong receivers for Trubisky to have fun with. Then upgrade our offensive tackles and the offense is much better than current:)