Restructure Divisions and Expand NFL

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
That is nuts honestly. Adding 4 teams would already massively affect the influx of talent from the draft. Adding 8 teams would decimate it. That isn't even taking into account the added attrition of having to play 18 games plus the post season to even win a Super Bowl. Meaning that you're going to see a lot of absolutely shit Super Bowls where teams are going against each other with injuries affecting the end product. This would take some major changes to the league such as roster expansions and removing the game day roster limit to allow the full year long team roster to be active on game day. Otherwise shit will hit the fan on a major level and NFL football will be straight booty cheeks.
It would take some work for sure.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
AFC and NFC. Who cares, no one. however I like divisions because it keeps rivalries.

With the expansion into new countries, I think this is the perfect time to make changes

Add 4 teams
- London
- Toronto
- Portland
- Sydney

NFL season is shortened to 15 Games with 2 Byes

Any team traveling to Sydney or London gets a Bye the week before and After

DIvisons are restructured

Bears are in Central with
Green Bay
Detroit
Minnesota
Cleveland
Kansas City
Tennessee
Indianpolis
Cincinnati
Adding 4 teams would break the perfect symmetry. I think you need to add 8.

AussieBear

while a game or two would be a draw in sydney, most ppl wouldnt care long term. yall pussies wear pads would be the narrative because s 20 mil for a qb.. hahaha sheeeitt. they dont want they rugby players getting too jelly..

i know a few ppl who have sb parties though and for some reason they are all chefs.. chefs who have traveled a bit.

i always thought chicago could support another team. perhaps a city in tx like san antonio or even austin. vegas should have a team too, but not at the expense of another city. hell, give st louis another squad.. dat be 4 mo teams..

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Contraction makes more sense, I think 30 teams would work. You get to dump the 6 worst QB's in the NFL, the 106 worst players, lose the Chargers and the Jags. The quality of play would skyrocket. Fewer shit players, coaches, and teams = better games. Expansion would do the opposite, more football, more really bad football, much worse than we have now.

Then play 17 games with 2 bye weeks, start the season in August, a longer season of better football.

I love ya Pete, football truly is your middle name, but expansion? Nah.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In my opinion the way to do it is to eliminate 3 pre-season games, while adding 1 away travel game that expands the game.

If every team played a global game they could have Bejing, Mexico City, London, Sydney, South Africa, Dubai...etc all showcased every year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
while a game or two would be a draw in sydney, most ppl wouldnt care long term. yall pussies wear pads would be the narrative because s 20 mil for a qb.. hahaha sheeeitt. they dont want they rugby players getting too jelly..

i know a few ppl who have sb parties though and for some reason they are all chefs.. chefs who have traveled a bit.

i always thought chicago could support another team. perhaps a city in tx like san antonio or even austin. vegas should have a team too, but not at the expense of another city. hell, give st louis another squad.. dat be 4 mo teams..

Nebraska, St.Louis, Bama, Missippi.

Football places...you know...with people who like football

PeteFootball

Liked Posts:
Contraction makes more sense, I think 30 teams would work. You get to dump the 6 worst QB's in the NFL, the 106 worst players, lose the Chargers and the Jags. The quality of play would skyrocket. Fewer shit players, coaches, and teams = better games. Expansion would do the opposite, more football, more really bad football, much worse than we have now.

Then play 17 games with 2 bye weeks, start the season in August, a longer season of better football.

I love ya Pete, football truly is your middle name, but expansion? Nah.

I don’t see the logic behind dropping teams. You don’t see businesses expand by reducing spending. You spend money.

As far as the talent gap, who cares? If all teams are worse you don’t know the difference

If there was 12 teams in league you guys would think that Derek Carr is a bad player. Give me opportunity and see who becomes super star

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:
Talent is spread too thin as it is. Every year there are only 3 or maybe 4 teams that matter

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So teams that go to London or Sydney get a bye week, yet the London and Sydney teams are royally screwed. Seeing that they will play 7 or 8 games away from home, they won't get 7 or 8 bye weeks for their trips.

Also I know I would look forward to like an NFCCG in Sydney with the game starting in the middle of the night here for primetime in Sydney.

Sounds genius.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I don’t see the logic behind dropping teams. You don’t see businesses expand by reducing spending. You spend money.

As far as the talent gap, who cares? If all teams are worse you don’t know the difference

If there was 12 teams in league you guys would think that Derek Carr is a bad player. Give me opportunity and see who becomes super star

You have no idea what you are talking about.

PeteFootball

Liked Posts:
You have no idea what you are talking about.

I’m pretty sure I know what I am talking about or else I wouldn’t have said it.

I came up with that idea without any inside sources or anything like that

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
San Antonio,TX would be a good spot for an NFL team I could see Chargers, Rams or Raiders move there.

San Antonio could garner a solid fanbase(ask the Spurs, though it helps to win). SoCal, on the other hand, is terrible.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

I'm talking about quality of the product, the games so far this season have been not as good as past seasons, add more teams, worse games. Can't wait for the London Monarchs v the Sydney Didgeridoo's on Thursday Night Football at 2AM. Mike Glennon v Mark Sanchez, you can throw out the record books when these two fucktards square off.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because less revenue for individual teams and watering down the league when viewership is down is a good thing? How do you do 15 games anyway? Give 1/2 the teams a home field advantage for the season? You tend to lose the strength of rivalries when divisions get diluted. Does sydney play 7 straight games at home and then 8 straight away. Their not getting 2 weeks between games every other week or so. Do they practice in an away facility 1/2 the year? Don't see anything good about this.

I'd guess the 1st foreign expansion comes from a failing US owner moving to Canada.

mecha

Liked Posts:
this is the worst idea since Greedo shooting first.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nebraska, St.Louis, Bama, Missippi.

Football places...you know...with people who like football

St. Louis is a very good sports town and got shafted when the Rams moved.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm talking about quality of the product, the games so far this season have been not as good as past seasons, add more teams, worse games. Can't wait for the London Monarchs v the Sydney Didgeridoo's on Thursday Night Football at 2AM. Mike Glennon v Mark Sanchez, you can throw out the record books when these two fucktards square off.

I think expanding NFL football outside the United States is ridiculous. Other than Mexico or Canada, it just is not supportable. People do not understand the game. People have their own national sports. The travel requirements would be crazy. It is just not in the cards.

Washington

Liked Posts:
So has this been proposed to Roger with a solid financial business plan by the OP or is this just a topic to kill mid-week time knowing it has a snowball's chance in hell of ever happening?

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
There's already not enough quality QBs to go around as is.
If there were 4 teams added right now who would their QBs be?