Chance Trubisky opens it up against Carolina

MonkeyPox

Liked Posts:
This. Not to mention that the one active receiver they have is garbage.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
While "opening it up" sure sounds like a fun and good thing to do, it will be easier said than done with our WRs. Balt jammed the WRs, particularly McBride and Gentry and they struggled to get into their routes and get open. I expect that to be the mantra of the Ds we face until we can prove we can open it up. Mitch is going to have to focus on using his TEs far more. Unfortunately, I think we're in a real pickle this year offensively due to the shit show we have at WR. I feel bad for Mitch.

I agree. They have to get Miller more involved in the offense. Right now he is the best receiver that they have. Also they need to get Cohen also involved more as a receiver.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The thing is that the Bear's strength the three guys in the middle of the offensive line. When the defense stacks things up close to the line, they risk a lot if the interior of the line can spring a back because there is little left behind the line to stop the runner. This is how you see guys breaking huge plays. I can also see Cohen sprung in little shovel passes up the middle. All he needs is one block at the point of attack and he'd be gone.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
250 yards passing this week, give or take 25.

I don’t see how this is remotely possible. You’d need at least one 100 yard receiver, and that ain’t happening.

But hey, from your lips to God’s ears.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don’t see how this is remotely possible. You’d need at least one 100 yard receiver, and that ain’t happening.

But hey, from your lips to God’s ears.

I'll talk to him.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Actually if you look at the play calling early in the Ravens game, the Bears did open it up. Yes, the plasses deep were incomplete and after that the Ravens went mostly 2 high Safety, and the Bears adjusted and went heavy run play call. Guessing they will look to open up the passing game a little again and adjust to how Carolina reacts.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

DaBallCoach

Liked Posts:
Open up the offense?

The offense is open. With the RBs we have and the TEs why on Earth would we try to force passes to WRs?

Make Wright the #1, keep him in on basically every play - because he runs great routes, can high point the ball , and has the speed to keep defenses honest - and then continue to exploit the mismatched we have with our 3 TEs.