Luke Kuechly out, Kelvin Benjamin expected to play

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Luke Kuechly out, Kelvin Benjamin expected to play
Posted by Josh Alper on October 20, 2017, 1:03 PM EDT
AP

The Panthers will be going without linebacker Luke Kuechly this weekend.

Kuechly suffered a concussion in last Thursday’s loss to the Eagles and he has not been able to gain clearance from the concussion protocol over the last week. As a result, the team has ruled him out for their game against the Bears in Chicago on Sunday.

David Mayo will step into the lineup for Kuechly, who also dealt with concussions the last two seasons.

Wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin has been listed as questionable after missing practice the first two days of the week with a knee injury. That listing suggests Benjamin’s status is up in the air, but coach Ron Rivera said, via Joseph Person of the Charlotte Observer, that Benjamin is expected to play.

The Panthers also listed center Ryan Kalil and safety Kurt Coleman as questionable. Kalil has missed five games with a neck injury and Coleman has missed the last two with a knee problem.

While I'm not a fan who cheers for players from the other team to miss when the Bears play them, this could have a significant impact on the outcome of this game. Kuechly is just that good.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kuechly should retire.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't remember Butkus leading with his helmet. I remember McMahon butting heads during TD celebrations. He also did a lot of QB sneaks.

No need to lead with the helmet, when clotheslines were still legal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You're right. He really should.
Just weird how guys like Butkus is fine, with the way he played, but Jimmy Mac is all messed up...

It's all those head butts after TDs. Guys would line up.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Like Floyd who also has 2 concussions?

It sure was a concern coming into this season. If the instances go back to normal as it seems is the case with Floyd, it's not near the problem Kuechly is having. Floyd worked on technique in the offseason. It doesn't matter what Kuechly does now. When he gets shook the wrong way he gets concussed. That he will continue to miss games and get more of them quickly is reason for him to stop now. There should probably be a rule of 3 strikes a season and you're out for the year. Welker is in a similar position. NFL and players association should negotiate a settlement scenario for players in this position.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You're right. He really should.
Just weird how guys like Butkus is fine, with the way he played, but Jimmy Mac is all messed up...

I think, that despite how hard Butkus hit people that his form was almost all of the times textbook. I think Bernie O'Brien at Chicago Vocational HS or someone else really taught tacking the right way. Butkus very seldom led with his head into the body. IT was his shoulder that made the big contact and he wrapped the carrier up with his arms and twisted the guy into the ground. It is almost like what steer wrestlers do in the rodeo.

I knew Butkus a bit in high school through some mutual friends and a boss I had was his best man and roommate at Illinois. I thought that he was the best defensive player that I ever saw.

aciecargill

Liked Posts:
I knew Butkus a bit in high school through some mutual friends and a boss I had was his best man and roommate at Illinois. I thought that he was the best defensive player that I ever saw.[/QUOTE]

Butkus knocked my front tooth out at a bowing alley on the east side. my claim to fame

AussieBear

luke got hunter hillenmeyer disease.. must be sumin in the caucasian genetics dat makes white lbers prone to dis shat

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
I knew Butkus a bit in high school through some mutual friends and a boss I had was his best man and roommate at Illinois. I thought that he was the best defensive player that I ever saw.

Butkus knocked my front tooth out at a bowing alley on the east side. my claim to fame[/QUOTE]

??? Tell the story!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Butkus knocked my front tooth out at a bowing alley on the east side. my claim to fame[/QUOTE]

Thunderbird Lanes?

Is that you, Bob?