Carolina Game: Will any Bear WRs have 2 Receptions and 50 Yds?

napo55

Liked Posts:
So what do you think? Will any of the Bear WRs have at least 2 receptions AND 50 total yards? Not a very ambitious goal, but I say no. Hope I'm wrong.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Gentry will be close. Gets his 2-4, 40-50

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
No. The key is the Bears rushing game (3rd in the league) against Carolina's 5th ranked run defense. If our backs can rush for over 100 yards, they are officially legit. No too shabby for rookie RBs. I expect Trubisky to have a quiet game in the first half. The play calling will only open up if we are down in the second half.

I realize people will dog Fox's play calling, but it's not conservative against this team, it's SMART. If you are only interested in watching MT throw all over the field, you'd have to hope for Cam Newton to expose our secondary day early.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
No. The key is the Bears rushing game (3rd in the league) against Carolina's 5th ranked run defense. If our backs can rush for over 100 yards, they are officially legit. No too shabby for rookie RBs. I expect Trubisky to have a quiet game in the first half. The play calling will only open up if we are down in the second half.

I realize people will dog Fox's play calling, but it's not conservative against this team, it's SMART. If you are only interested in watching MT throw all over the field, you'd have to hope for Cam Newton to expose our secondary day early.

No Kuechly hurts their run defense significantly. They've also faced some very bad running teams/teams that don't run much. Think the Bears run game will be effective, but they're going to need to get something going downfield.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
No Kuechly hurts their run defense significantly. They've also faced some very bad running teams/teams that don't run much. Think the Bears run game will be effective, but they're going to need to get something going downfield.

"Frisky" Trubisky has been wildly inaccurate the few occasions he's gone downfield. That's likely jitters; the shoopster will take those kinds of jitters rather than the Mike Glennon perpetually-pee-stained-pants jitters any day. With The Frisky One's first win under his belt, perhaps he and the coaches will gain confidence and start to open things up a bit. But it won't be an air show. And even if the ball is in the air, can any of the putrid Bear receivers get open enough to catch it?

the shoopster says No. With "If I'm Lyin' I'm" Ryan Pace's free agent franchise "Mucus" Wheaton sidelined, the Bear receiving corps is even worse, and that's saying something . . .

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Depends on the weather. If it rains, I imagine it will be another run heavy offense. If not, I think this is the game that Trubisky opens it up a little more, especially in front of a home crowd.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky will see Gentry open in the film room, and gain confidence. Look for it. And hit it early.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Being a one dimensional team is not smart, and I don't care how good you are at that dimension. Play that game long enough and people will figure it out. If you can be even slightly OK at the other dimension so teams have to give it some respect you help the whole game.

If Trubisky is any where near as bad as they're treating it I'm hard pressed to find anything smart about continuing to hold him back after thinking he was at least worthy of learning, enough so that they used a #2 pick to get him.

I have to think Bears are roping a dope. About the time teams think they have enough film to shut us down there will be a whole new can of whoop ass opened up.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I think well get 2 big plays in the pass game. And run all over them.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Running like they did against the Ravens against Carolina's strength is not considered smart. Now running with some passing is much more intelligent.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
"Frisky" Trubisky has been wildly inaccurate the few occasions he's gone downfield. That's likely jitters; the shoopster will take those kinds of jitters rather than the Mike Glennon perpetually-pee-stained-pants jitters any day. With The Frisky One's first win under his belt, perhaps he and the coaches will gain confidence and start to open things up a bit. But it won't be an air show. And even if the ball is in the air, can any of the putrid Bear receivers get open enough to catch it?

the shoopster says No. With "If I'm Lyin' I'm" Ryan Pace's free agent franchise "Mucus" Wheaton sidelined, the Bear receiving corps is even worse, and that's saying something . . .

So says "Shitster" Shoopster.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Being a one dimensional team is not smart, and I don't care how good you are at that dimension. Play that game long enough and people will figure it out. If you can be even slightly OK at the other dimension so teams have to give it some respect you help the whole game.

If Trubisky is any where near as bad as they're treating it I'm hard pressed to find anything smart about continuing to hold him back after thinking he was at least worthy of learning, enough so that they used a #2 pick to get him.

I have to think Bears are roping a dope. About the time teams think they have enough film to shut us down there will be a whole new can of whoop ass opened up.

Guys, I'm not saying we won't mix in some passing. I'm simply not expecting to see a lot of passing in the first half - especially on first down. The sports adages "play to your strengths," "dictate play playing your game," "don't get beat with your second best pitch" come to mind. We have the 3rd best running game & a bottom five passing game. (Albeit a lot of that is on Glennon.) Fans can identify that we don't have good WRs. Can you really blame the game plan when you don't have a lot of other options?

A major factor of our game plan has to be manageable 3rd downs & time of possession. Our best defense is keeping Cam Newton off the field. This will be true the entire game until Cam sheads our secondary. Then we'll see Trubisky in action.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It’s the perfect time to unleash Adam Shaheen. Kuechly is an elite coverage linebacker and he’s out, tight ends need to step it up. David Mayo vs. Shaheen should be a mismatch.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
(Albeit a lot of that is on Glennon.)

That's why I'm thinking (hoping) they're roping a dope.
I'm not prepared to compare the plays but it seems they have Trubisky locked down tighter than they had Glennon.

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Man, this thread title is depressing...
I think it happens. It's gotta, right? 2 catches 50 yrds??

I hope Miller gets another TD because it turns out that stupid TD celebration that he's been doing is a story of some sort, and i'm curious, it'd be sad if he didn't get to tell all of it.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It’s the perfect time to unleash Adam Shaheen. Kuechly is an elite coverage linebacker and he’s out, tight ends need to step it up. David Mayo vs. Shaheen should be a mismatch.

It's really surprising that Miller isn't hurt yet. Is this the longest he has gone in his career without an injury?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's why I'm thinking (hoping) they're roping a dope.
I'm not prepared to compare the plays but it seems they have Trubisky locked down tighter than they had Glennon.

Bout the same vs what they see on the field but where Glennon threw picks, Mitch is throwing it away. Last week was him proving he can be safe. He'll start expanding the envelope with the trust of the staff. I'm sure they were extremely happy with last week's play.

Reactions: Myk

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Really, is this where you are at? After two games? Is this a troll? I just don’t know.

His sole purpose since registration has been to troll. The thing is he's a horrible troll. Its the most overt troll job I've seen on CCS in a long time. I just flat out block listed him.