Close
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by The Hawk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nope. You made a silly statement that implied that the Dodgers reduced payroll by getting rid of older veterans for youth. That is why I asked you if you had taken a look at the payroll that they still had.

Truth is that Reinny dumped a shitload of salary and has never spent consistent money to try and compete. Yet guys like you buy into this faux narrative of building through a youth movement. You and Brett like to trot out this nonsense about Reinny being good about spending money. He has not.Period. He's just a cheap ass owner and will likely try like hell to move to Vegas.
    The Dodgers have gotten rid of older high priced vets before because they have a huge budget and can absorb free agent mistakes.

It's not just me and Brett, it's everyone but you. We can all find out how much the Sox spend. I know you've seen this before:

http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm#2016_payroll

The average over the last 15 years is about 12th. Never lower than 20th, as high as 4 in spending.

It's useless to try to reason with you because you are unreasonable.

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dennehy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dennehy View Post
    The Dodgers have gotten rid of older high priced vets before because they have a huge budget and can absorb free agent mistakes.

It's not just me and Brett, it's everyone but you. We can all find out how much the Sox spend. I know you've seen this before:

http://www.stevetheump.com/Payrolls.htm#2016_payroll

The average over the last 15 years is about 12th. Never lower than 20th, as high as 4 in spending.

It's useless to try to reason with you because you are unreasonable.
    That is not enough for an owner as wealthy as Reinsdorf. As for you and Brett being in the mainstream of Sox fans, I find that humorous. The White Sox fans that I know aren't happy with the White Sox and their huge salary dump and shit product on the field. Your defense of Reinny is pitiful. He's already wrecked the Bulls and now he is in the process of wrecking the Sox. They right now are one of the worst teams in all of baseball and the so-called talent pool is a long long way away from becoming major league quality. It didn't have to happen this way. It really didn't. Now they sold off almost all of their once formidable pitching and created holes all over the place in their line-up.

Do you ever notice how really drunk people perseverate?

It's because the alcohol essentially stunts the brain, forcing it to get stuck.

That's like you with Reinsdorf. Arguing with someone who is perpetually about 15 drinks deep and comes back to the same incorrect point over and over.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dennehy For This Useful Post:

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

It's never been about spending for the Sox - it has been about commitment to an actual sustainable future with a healthy amount of prospects. They have finally turned that corner and there is a lot to be excited about.

Quote Originally Posted by dennehy View Post
    Do you ever notice how really drunk people perseverate?

It's because the alcohol essentially stunts the brain, forcing it to get stuck.

That's like you with Reinsdorf. Arguing with someone who is perpetually about 15 drinks deep and comes back to the same incorrect point over and over.
    Wow. 15 drinks deep? Amazing insight from a guy who hallucinates a lot about a team going nowhere. Until Reinsdorf leaves and sells the team, the Sox have no future.

Quote Originally Posted by fenderpfunk View Post
    It's never been about spending for the Sox - it has been about commitment to an actual sustainable future with a healthy amount of prospects. They have finally turned that corner and there is a lot to be excited about.
    They may have turned the corner and met a semi-trailer heading right at them. Name the White Sox future starting pitching staff, relief corps, and everyday line-up, please.

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    You keep ignoring facts as it speaks against your ideology.
    That perfectly describes every single post of his on this board. It's so annoying and repetitive that I just ignore him.
    I ain't never fucked over anybody in my life who didn't have it coming to them.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyMontana For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana View Post
    That perfectly describes every single post of his on this board. It's so annoying and repetitive that I just ignore him.
    That isn't true. I talked about a Dodger pitcher tippng pitches. Talked about how great the 5th game of the series was. Talked about not trying to trade Abreau and what a great hitter he is. The thing is that there really isn't any good discussion on this board other than Rask. And anytime I or Rask questions the path that the Sox have embarked on, we get insulted because it doesn't fit your narrative.

I wish that there were more Sox fans on the board to share views with and talk real baseball with. Don't know what the answer is but I do not think that when people bring up anything that doesn't fit the Reinny and they get mocked for it it stifles intelligent conversation. I have been a White Sox fan pretty much since I was old enough to learn all about Luis Aparicio and AL Lopez. IF the military draft hadn't interfered with my baseball, I might have even been in the White Sox farm system having been looked at in Sarasota, Florida where they expressed interest in me. I wouldn't have made it because my fastball probably would have topped at at 90-91 as a projection. But I love baseball and would have loved that chance to experience pro competition.

I did have, as a pitching coach, though great satisfaction at developing young guys into talented pitchers and then following them in the collegiate and professional careers. That was my joy and I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana View Post
    BTW. When are you going to add something of interest to this board? Seriously. It is very easy to insult people like you do and call people "annoying" and such. But what do you have to offer? This board needs energy and things of interest. What do you have to add?

Wow. 15 drinks deep? Amazing insight from a guy who hallucinates a lot about a team going nowhere. Until Reinsdorf leaves and sells the team, the Sox have no future.
    I feel like 'hallucinating about a team going nowhere' would be more like advocating for just doing the same old thing they've been doing, which is what you apparently want.

They may have turned the corner and met a semi-trailer heading right at them. Name the White Sox future starting pitching staff, relief corps, and everyday line-up, please.
    Has this not been done for you already at least once?
    Hidden Content
    Follow Me on Twitter: @sportsdream - Sports Tweets, Life, God, etc.

Has this not been done for you already at least once?
    Not by him it hasn't. I am sure that he has his own ideas. Or is it your opinion that only you are capable of projecting the starting line-up for your 2018 Chicago White Sox? There are what, maybe six or seven posters in this forum. It is as dead here as it can be and I remember you bemoaning the lack of a moderator to ban me. Really weak shit, Brett.

Not by him it hasn't. I am sure that he has his own ideas. Or is it your opinion that only you are capable of projecting the starting line-up for your 2018 Chicago White Sox? There are what, maybe six or seven posters in this forum. It is as dead here as it can be and I remember you bemoaning the lack of a moderator to ban me. Really weak shit, Brett.
    2018? Who gives a fuck about 2018? They're going nowhere....another year of developing young kids and flipping the older players. Now, 2019....there's the year where a 25 man roster might be something of interest.

Kind of how a rebuild works....

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Diehardfan For This Useful Post:

You Can Call Me Al

Here comes the Vegas talk....

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gustavus Adolphus For This Useful Post:

I guess my hope was to consider which OF prospects would potentially be brought up at the end of next season... getting looks going into 2019... Rutherford to AAA? Robert AAA? Jiminez AAA/MLB? Will Avi still be with us? Will Tillson/Engel/May/Delmonico be young pieces that develop?
    "Find out what the other team wants to do. Then take it away from them."
    George Halas

“When I played pro football, I never set out to hurt anyone deliberately - unless it was, you know, important, like a league game or something."
    Dick Butkus

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ditka19861 For This Useful Post:

I have a Senior Member SweetHomeChicago's Avatar

As someone else mentioned I prefer these kids to come up when ready not just for the sake of bringing them up. No one is in a hurry to win next year, well maybe one guy on this board, otherwise I think not rushing any prospects is the best move ATM.
    "QBs are overpaid, overrated, pompous bastards and must be punished."

-The late great Buddy Ryan. 1934-2016 R.I.P.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SweetHomeChicago For This Useful Post:

Right now the only thing that seems certain is that Avisail will be our RF. Is a 20 year old Jimenez ready? The organization needs to be sure IMO, but I think he'll have a chance. It all depends on how well he handles AAA pitching. So I will say yes Jimemez is our LF. CF is not ready internally. So it's a mix of guys like Engel, May, Garcia, Tilson, etc. I think we stay pat and not look outside for this position and go with what we can muster up.

You better believe he is!!! I'll go out on a line. If Jimenez starts 2018 playing everyday, he will put up better numbers than Moncada!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to hyatt151 For This Useful Post:

Do you know what the Dodgers payroll is?

2018 -
    Active Payroll $144,000,000 $11,734,522 - $155,734,522 $155,734,522
    Retained Salary $6,250,000 $4,916,666 - $11,166,666 $11,166,666
    Buried Minor Salary $10,000,000 $2,800,000 - $12,800,000 $12,800,000
    Total Payroll $160,250,000 $19,451,188 - $179,701,188 $179,701,188
    DODGERS PAYROLL FACTS

Active Payroll:
    $155,734,522
    Retained:
    $11,166,666
    Buried Minor Salaries:
    $12,800,000
    Total Payroll:
    $179,701,188

Considering arbitration, Sox payroll should be at around 75 million!! Compared to the Dodgers, that's a big difference in Wampum!

Quote Originally Posted by hyatt151 View Post
    Considering arbitration, Sox payroll should be at around 75 million!! Compared to the Dodgers, that's a big difference in Wampum!
    Now compare attendance
    Hidden Content

Now compare attendance
    The real tragedy about that is. 80% of the Sox fans excited about the rebuild will spend 95% of the years. at home, watching the games on television. That's not mean, just a stone cold fact.

Quote Originally Posted by hyatt151 View Post
    The real tragedy about that is. 80% of the Sox fans excited about the rebuild will spend 95% of the years. at home, watching the games on television. That's not mean, just a stone cold fact.
    True for any team really.

But what the Sox spend per fanny thru the gate, I am going to guess it's top 5-10
    Hidden Content

32. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast