Deshaun Watson Is Waaaayyyy Better Than Mitch Trubinsky

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
At this point...I agree...but kinda unfair comparison

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I'm not ready to concede Watson will be a better QB than MT, but as an animate Watson supporter before the draft, I want to see those that dissed Watson eat their share of shit. There was a thread just after Watson first start declaring him a bust, I would love to see that thread again to see who posted it and who agreed.......

They won't. I haven't seen one of the Watson haters just admitting they were wrong. If they did you'd probably get fewer threads like these. Right now, of course Watson is better and it isn't even close. As to the future? That depends whether or not you're confident in the Bears coaching and ability to acquire difference-making WR and OL. I'm not confident in any of that, but Mitch has talent and i'm hoping he breaks through regardless.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Watson is the next rg3 I have said it before and I'll say it again lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RG3 never did anything near what Watson is doing. Have you guys watched this kid play? Or do you spout stupid nonsense based on the box scores?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
And you didn't jump the gun on Cutler to claim you were right later. I wondered how long it would take for you and Trubisky. I'm amazed it took you this long.
There's a shocker, Bears are probably going to suck at QB, go with that safe bet to convince strangers on the internet you're smart.

It's very clear Watson is in a better situation. The talking heads were saying as much during the draft.
What they didn't know was Bear's coaches were going to be so afraid of playing a rookie.
It was already known how bad Cutler was when he came to the Bears. Nobody really had a good feel which QB in last year's draft would make the biggest impact in the NFL. Who was that guy who said passing on Watson was like passing on Michael Jordan? Bears should have listened to him.

Kaufman20Embalm

Liked Posts:
Rg3 had a better rookie year than Andrew Luck as well. Hopefully this is a fun conversation to look back on in a few years and both Watson and Trubisky are having success in the nfl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They won't. I haven't seen one of the Watson haters just admitting they were wrong. If they did you'd probably get fewer threads like these. Right now, of course Watson is better and it isn't even close. As to the future? That depends whether or not you're confident in the Bears coaching and ability to acquire difference-making WR and OL. I'm not confident in any of that, but Mitch has talent and i'm hoping he breaks through regardless.

Exactly, I don't want to be grouped in with those saying MT is/will be a bust, but as someone that took a lot of shit for wanting the Bears to draft Watson, well..........

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It was already known how bad Cutler was when he came to the Bears. Nobody really had a good feel which QB in last year's draft would make the biggest impact in the NFL. Who was that guy who said passing on Wilson was like passing on Michael Jordan? Bears should have listened to him.

Watson's college coach Dabo Swinney said that, so it isn't exactly a non biased opinion. Regardless, he holds the record now for most TDs in first seven games, has the most 3 td games as a rookie, and is tied for the most 4 td games as a rookie. Maybe he falls off, but there were some pretty damn good QBs on the list that he passed today.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
oh-its-true-its-damn-true.jpg

The stupidity on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

Rise

Liked Posts:
There was no consensus top guy. What's wrong with you people? You're all so damn stupid!

You’re wrong. The vast majority of media that report on the NFL felt Trubisky would be the first qb off the board and that he was considered the best long term prospect but risky, while Watson is the most NFL ready now, safer, but at his ceiling. Not that they are always right, but that is how most felt.

Mahomes going before Watson was the surprise, up until the last 48 hours or so barely anyone thought that would happen.

Again Watson went 3rd, at 12, for a reason which is explained above. Through 7 games looks like the NFL got it wrong, which happens a lot, but it doesn’t change how they were viewed before the draft.

We will see how it all plays out, you need 3 full seasons to really judge QBs and know who they are most of the time.

Not going to address the name calling, doesn’t bother me, your name is Spartan, I’d rather be stupid.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Watching trubiskys last drive today i can't help but think that if we had reciever that get seperation he could shred defense's.Bears need to LOAD up with rrcievers and i would offer the farm for Bryant or Hilton immediately

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You’re wrong. The vast majority of media that report on the NFL felt Trubisky would be the first qb off the board and that he was considered the best long term prospect but risky, while Watson is the most NFL ready now, safer, but at his ceiling. Not that they are always right, but that is how most felt.

Mahomes going before Watson was the surprise, up until the last 48 hours or so barely anyone thought that would happen.

Again Watson went 3rd, at 12, for a reason which is explained above. Through 7 games looks like the NFL got it wrong, which happens a lot, but it doesn’t change how they were viewed before the draft.

We will see how it all plays out, you need 3 full seasons to really judge QBs and know who they are most of the time.

Not going to address the name calling, doesn’t bother me, your name is Spartan, I’d rather be stupid.
You're wrong. It's why the Bears' pick and getting fleeced came as a surprise. No QB was rated that high. All we know for sure is different teams had different ideas about who the top QB was. Doesn't take 3 years to see how good QBs are. Didn't take 3 years for Brady, Rivers, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Wilson, Wentz etc. If it's there and they have it, you'll see it sooner than later.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Another red bar champion coming to the forum to put how fucking stupid they are on display.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another red bar champion coming to the forum to put how fucking stupid they are on display.
If you think Watson hasn't made a far bigger impact than Trubisky, you shouldn't be throwing the "stupid" word around.

Rise

Liked Posts:
You're wrong. It's why the Bears' pick and getting fleeced came as a surprise. No QB was rated that high. All we know for sure is different teams had different ideas about who the top QB was. Doesn't take 3 years to see how good QBs are. Didn't take 3 years for Brady, Rivers, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Wilson, Wentz etc. If it's there and they have it, you'll see it sooner than later.

Are we talking qb rated that high,or top rated qb? That’s two different things. It was considered a weak qb class because each guy had various weaknesses which I explained.

It does take about 3 years to really know what you have. Rodgers sat for 3, it took him until his 5th chance to get a comeback win, he failed the first 4 times, that’s after sitting for years! Rivers sat, Big Ben won games but didn’t put up stats. Brady sat.

Point is it takes time to peak, rarely do qb peak year 1 so it is hard to judge them just based off their rookie years. Especially one with 13 college starts and it was KNOWN would take time to develop.

swz01

Liked Posts:
On draft day I preferred Watson. But the situations they are in right now are not remotely comparable. Anyone making proclamations at this point is just a blowhard troll

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guy might be a troll but Watson has been amazing. I was doing back flips when the Bears traded up because I knew they were going to take Watson, then my heart dropped when I heard Trubisky.

I still think Trubisky will be a fine QB in the NFL with the right coaching, question is will he get it here.

Although I was a Watson guy I will reserve judgment until at least another year. No surprise Watson was more NFL ready day 1. Trubisky will hopefully be the better QB long term.

swz01

Liked Posts:
No you’ve got to wait until Trubisky actually has time to work with NFL caliber receivers and has an NFL caliber offensive coordinator however long that may take. The Bears receiving talent is the worst I have ever seen it in the decades I’ve watched bears football

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Are we talking qb rated that high,or top rated qb? That’s two different things. It was considered a weak qb class because each guy had various weaknesses which I explained.

It does take about 3 years to really know what you have. Rodgers sat for 3, it took him until his 5th chance to get a comeback win, he failed the first 4 times, that’s after sitting for years! Rivers sat, Big Ben won games but didn’t put up stats. Brady sat.

Point is it takes time to peak, rarely do qb peak year 1 so it is hard to judge them just based off their rookie years. Especially one with 13 college starts and it was KNOWN would take time to develop.
Rodgers sat while a drama queen kept changing his mind about retirement. When Rodgers took the field, you knew he was that good right away. Don't overrate sitting. Ben had a 98 rating his rookie year and won the SB his 2nd. Didn't take long at all to see what he had.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Guy might be a troll but Watson has been amazing. I was doing back flips when the Bears traded up because I knew they were going to take Watson, then my heart dropped when I heard Trubisky.

I still think Trubisky will be a fine QB in the NFL with the right coaching, question is will he get it here.

Although I was a Watson guy I will reserve judgment until at least another year. No surprise Watson was more NFL ready day 1. Trubisky will hopefully be the better QB long term.

This. But nobody thought Watson would be this good I mean he is the best qb of all time through his first 7 games. Texans picked him because he was the most nfl ready, and they are built to win now. Their defense sadly did not have one more year.

Pace was playing the long game and took what was considered the best prospect long term. I have zero problem with it but damn it’s our luck the year we go for it some guy has to set all time records picked right after.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
On draft day I preferred Watson. But the situations they are in right now are not remotely comparable. Anyone making proclamations at this point is just a blowhard troll
When is the last time you saw the Houston offense be this good?